Albany Game Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Albany Game Thread...

This is not the Syracuse lacrosse I've grown to respect over the years. This is not a storied program any more, with talent and swagger. We just got decimated by Albany ... ALBANY ... with the number 1 recruit that we can't stop with 3 guys. They could beat us with their walk-ons ... that's how bad this looks.

What is going on?

We used to get the top recruit. Now Albany is getting the top recruit.

That’s just for starters.

We gave a player No. 22 who wasn’t in any way deserving of the number.

Now we don’t have anyone on the team who deserves the number again even if they wanted to give out the number.

I’ll let others chime in.

Seriously pathetic today. Disgusting. Albany looked better at almost every position. We have nobody on O who will scare anybody and our D really sucked all day. (I know, “D played too much” yadda yadda... still sucked).

I’m hoping we can learn from this and excel but thinking it’s probably not going to happen this year.

Edit: Mellen and Madonna played fairly well but most of the D was too slow (mentally and physically). As in “let my guy run by me before I react”. Too many Albany players taking shots / scores around goal without getting touched - let alone getting decked! Too easy.

Last edited:
So sad. Wonder if Nanitoke was offered #22 but since it hasn’t mattered for 10 years he looked elsewhere

We used to get the top recruit. Now Albany is getting the top recruit.

That’s just for starters.
They didn’t have a chance getting him after what the Thompson’s did at Albany.

Cuse is still a young team trying to figure it out. Everyone got excited cause they blew out Binghamton.

Gotta fix the faceoff situation, it takes all 3 guys to win possession.

Looking forward to learning from this game and getting a W next week vs Army

They didn’t have a chance getting him after what the Thompson’s did at Albany.

Cuse is still a young team trying to figure it out. Everyone got excited cause they blew out Binghamton.

Gotta fix the faceoff situation, it takes all 3 guys to win possession.

Looking forward to learning from this game and getting a W next week vs Army

I’m not sure you can fix the face off situation. We just got dominated today by one of the best in the game.

Granted this team is young.

It has a reliable goalie and a solid defense.

But I don’t see anything offensively that promotes excitement going forward.

Appears this team is a year or two away.

Bad bad bad Seebold looked to have more energy in the last five seconds than the whole Cuse attack today Voight not the answer, Lane not the answer, def middies not the answer.

T Bomberry and Mellen played well!

Now we don’t have anyone on the team who deserves the number again even if they wanted to give out the number.

Evans played 100 times better against Albany than anyone today! 22 just a number we needed someone to step up! Too much 2nd and 3rd line middies playing, 1st line middies has no way to get into the flow! Although we had limited possessions!

This is not the Syracuse lacrosse I've grown to respect over the years. This is not a storied program any more, with talent and swagger. We just got decimated by Albany ... ALBANY ... with the number 1 recruit that we can't stop with 3 guys. They could beat us with their walk-ons ... that's how bad this looks.

What is going on?

ALBANY ... is either the #2 or #4 team in the country right now.

We're not.

Granted this team is young.

It has a reliable goalie and a solid defense.

But I don’t see anything offensively that promotes excitement going forward.

Appears this team is a year or two away.

It's a year away, Cook and Austin Staats (fingers crossed) are the attackmen this team needs. Midfield is to young as well, give them a year under there belt with Fiorini and Mangnan coming in plus guys like Quinn, Lipka, etc this team will be scary good.

ALBANY ... is either the #2 or #4 team in the country right now.

We're not.
They look like we used to. They get the recruits we used to get. They coach the way we used to coach. I think a pasting like this --- from a SUNY school --- signals the need for change.

Last edited:
They look like we used to. The get the recruits we used to get. They coach the way we used to coach. I think a pasting like this --- from a SUNY school --- signals the need for change.

It's not like we lost to Canisius.

It wasn’t the effort. Albany is just a superior team.
No way. They are better but when you lose like that,effort is a big part of it.

Evans deserved the number he just didn’t live up to the hype.

As far as Syracuse’s future you’re right. There wasn’t one kid on the field you could point to and say he’s gonna be a good one.

It's not like we lost to Canisius.
It's ALBANY --- they play like Syracuse and we play like Canisius. For as long as I can remember, Albany took Syracuse's scraps. And now look at the programs. Pretty disturbing trend, IMO.

Evans deserved the number he just didn’t live up to the hype.

As far as Syracuse’s future you’re right. There wasn’t one kid on the field you could point to and say he’s gonna be a good one.

There are some on the team but there not ready yet like a Nanticoke is, remember he took a PG year hes not some 18 year old kid fresh from high school. SU has Cook, Magnan, Fiorini, Berkman, and hopefully Austin Staats coming next year.

Syracuse is in some serious trouble this season.

If we don't start going to some of the young guys then your 100% right. As I noted 3-4 months ago changing up the schedule this year to make it harder made absolutely zero sense when you looked at how young this team was and what we lost to graduation. Now its all about getting the young guys some PT, finding some answers at SSDM and attack and 2nd mid line and setting the foundation for next year.