All inclusive 2021/22 recruiting thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

All inclusive 2021/22 recruiting thread

For all the negativity on this thread, check out Brian Dohn's latest crystal ball prediction.

I’d love to have egg on my face when it’s all said and done. I think I’m just really disappointed on how the season unfolded and what’s transpiring now, and the tweet from the OLineman, just sort of pushed me over the edge today . it’s hard to keep quiet.

That’s the one thing i think JW did not weigh enough was the lame duck status of Dino. He did neither Dino or the program any favors leaving him hanging out there with little chance of getting a high end OC coach for 1 year. Looks like he may just be waiting his time for Tony next year….which again is a risk….
It was 100% money driven. There is zero justification to keep any coach that has 1 winning season out of six. With a 1-10 followed up by getting destroyed your last 3 games against Conference foes.

The whole not committed hashtag is some thing I hadn’t seen before until this year must be a new fad.
Nope. Maybe new as a hashtag but not new for them to say that in their offer or ov tweets.

Waiting for the avalanche of commits... Or will I be disappointed once again ?

Waiting for the avalanche of commits... Or will I be disappointed once again ?

Some of our commits are going to be flips and aren’t going to make it known till tomorrow

Some are transfers and might just transfer in without much fanfare.

Dino and Co. don’t want other schools to know their high priority guys.

Now it's 18 scholarship players with eligibility remaining since the start of the season and some of the more recent ones definitely have hurt depth. And as of Johnson and Lutz entering the portal it was 16 scholarship players, Bailey's article included walk-ons and said 15 which is what got me confused, so I corrected my previous post. So now we're up to 18. But that 18 includes 2 departures that didn’t enter the portal (Shear and Adams). So portal scholarship is technically 16.

Outbound (18)

1) Landon Morris - TE - Committed to Utah
2) Cody Shear - OL
3) Ben Labrosse - S
4) Jarveon Howard - RB - Committed to Alcorn St.
5) Taj Harris - WR
6) Tommy Devito - QB - Committed to Illinois
7) Russel Thompson-Bishop - WR
8) Latarie Kinsler - DE
9) Dillon Markewicz - QB
10) Geoff Cantin-Arku - LB
11) Curtis Harper - DT
12) Joe Rondi - DT
13) Adrian Cole - CB
14) Luke Benson - TE
15) Cooper Lutz - RB
16) Sharod Johnson - WR
17) Abdul Adams - RB - Entering NFL Draft
18) Chase Atkinson - DB

Last edited:
And now I guess Labrosse is in the portal. This is getting ridiculous.

I know it’s just splitting hairs but Shear (never showed up), RTB (quit last year?) and Labrosse (quit and dropped out of school this year), probably shouldn’t count.

I know it’s just splitting hairs but Shear (never showed up), RTB (quit last year?) and Labrosse (quit and dropped out of school this year), probably shouldn’t count.
I guess Labrosse just entered the portal so I’d count him, but yeah it’s basically 16 portal and 2 non-portal departures since the fall started.

Any event, without a change in HC, this is a lot.

Last edited:
I guess Labrosse just entered the portal so I’d count him, but yeah it’s basically 16 portal and 2 non-portal departures since the fall started.

Any event, without a change in HC, this is a lot.
Not a change in HC but a change, and still waiting, of OC and three position coaches. That can effect who stays and who goes, especially now with the portal.

Not a change in HC but a change, and still waiting, of OC and three position coaches. That can effect who stays and who goes, especially now with the portal.
My hope is that we have an OC already functioning and we're just waiting for an official announcement, but who the heck knows at this point.

Some of our commits are going to be flips and aren’t going to make it known till tomorrow

Some are transfers and might just transfer in without much fanfare.

Dino and Co. don’t want other schools to know their high priority guys.
Isnt that pretty much impossible in todays world. Wouldn't a recruit and his family find that strange?

What’s going on with BC. They are sitting at #24 in recruiting rankings. Meanwhile, it looks like ‘Cuse might be dead last in ACC.

There will be more kids entering the portal after the bowls are over. This is going to be an extended recruiting cycle this year created by the portal, February and beyond. This is why there is discussion of pushing early signing back until January.
There will be another "portal surge" after spring practice. The portal looks a lot like Pandora's Box at this point. If a substantial percentage of the portal-ers are left without a new home, it may settle down in the next couple of years.

What’s going on with BC. They are sitting at #24 in recruiting rankings. Meanwhile, it looks like ‘Cuse might be dead last in ACC.
We've been last or near last for many years counting

Hafley was always known more for his recruiting than coaching.

The next couple weeks are going to be very interesting. There is an angle to the portal activity that hasn't been spoken of much, but which would be... intriguing if it happens.

The next couple weeks are going to be very interesting. There is an angle to the portal activity that hasn't been spoken of much, but which would be... intriguing if it happens.
JonStewart.gif

Penn State 5
Indiana 18
Rutgers 22
Iowa State 23
BC 24
Vandy 28
Boise State 49
Duke 50
Marshall 51
Tulane 64
Utah State 65
Coastal 67
Miami OH 68
Southern Miss 69
Central Michigan 70
Pitt 71
Arkansas State 72
SYRACUSE 75
East Carolina 76

Our peers and regional compatriots can land top 25 classes. Enough excuses why we cannot

Penn State 5
Indiana 18
Rutgers 22
Iowa State 23
BC 24
Vandy 28
Boise State 49
Duke 50
Marshall 51
Tulane 64
Utah State 65
Coastal 67
Miami OH 68
Southern Miss 69
Central Michigan 70
Pitt 71
Arkansas State 72
SYRACUSE 75
East Carolina 76

Our peers and regional compatriots can land top 25 classes. Enough excuses why we cannot

Ok, so - what’s Pitt’s excuse then?

They’re having a great season, and go bowling pretty much every year.

And yet - they’re down in the dregs w Cuse this year.

Ponderous.

Ok, so - what’s Pitt’s excuse then?

They’re having a great season, and go bowling pretty much every year.

And yet - they’re down in the dregs w Cuse this year.

Ponderous.
They have 10 commits, just like us. Rankings are based on points on up to 25 commits. BC has 22 commits right now.