All inclusive 2021/22 recruiting thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

All inclusive 2021/22 recruiting thread

Ok, so - what’s Pitt’s excuse then?

They’re having a great season, and go bowling pretty much every year.

And yet - they’re down in the dregs w Cuse this year.

Ponderous.
I have nothing but shock. They are usually top 40.

Maybe losing the OC? Maybe BC and Rutgers are poaching their normal kids? Cincy? They are 29th

They have 10 commits, just like us. Rankings are based on points on up to 25 commits. BC has 22 commits right now.

#FIRENardouchy!!!

Penn State 5
Indiana 18
Rutgers 22
Iowa State 23
BC 24
Vandy 28
Boise State 49
Duke 50
Marshall 51
Tulane 64
Utah State 65
Coastal 67
Miami OH 68
Southern Miss 69
Central Michigan 70
Pitt 71
Arkansas State 72
SYRACUSE 75
East Carolina 76

Our peers and regional compatriots can land top 25 classes. Enough excuses why we cannot
I want to beat the Chippewas so badly

The next couple weeks are going to be very interesting. There is an angle to the portal activity that hasn't been spoken of much, but which would be... intriguing if it happens.
Is the angle getting the OC and position coaches to bring players from their former schools with them through the portal?

Thats one I've thought of but didn't know how possible it would be. Its an angle tho.

Is the angle getting the OC and position coaches to bring players from their former schools with them through the portal?

Thats one I've thought of but didn't know how possible it would be. Its an angle tho.
WKU poached a coach and got the QB+ a bunch of other players to come along. Installed a new system with players already familiar with it and had a great year.

Well I have to assume at this point it’s taking this long because the guy we want or have agreed with is currently employed. So if that’s the case obviously it depends on the school but it could be a real angle. Also may explain why we’ve seen the most portal activity with OL, which we have a coach for, and not much else as far as the rest of the offense.

If you want get depressed just read a few of any others free sites take on Dinos recruiting strategies and efforts.
Now maybe its all hot air but the consensus is really bad.
Hopefully he pulls it out.

If you want get depressed just read a few of any others free sites take on Dinos recruiting strategies and efforts.
Other programs or other Syracuse sites

This recruiting cycle has a long way to go. There is a second signing day after this one and then transfers can be added through the summer. I would say those people either lack a basic understanding of that, or how recruiting class rankings work, and generally speaking are frustrated and unfortunately have resorted to being adult children trying to draw attention to themselves on message boards.

I’ve never really understood all the emotional handwringing over an incomplete product. It’s pointless. If the class looks like hot garbage in July heading into the season, then start acting like the sky is falling.

Why on earth another fanbases opinion would matter or be trusted at all is absolutely bonkers.

The “consensus” of … whom? Like all the fans who want to see us fail and benefit from our failure? Those guys agree things are bad?!

Sheesh.

What do you expect them to say? How does it benefit other teams to give Dino any credit, especially right now?

This is not new news. Its been depressing for almost 20 years. We all should know what SU's national perception is by now. Its easy to point fingers at a school that routinely struggles in recruiting.

Hey man they flipped a DE from a peer school, almost flipped home a QB and got beat out by USC for a top GA LB.

They put in the work. They had some hits and some misses

This is not new news. Its been depressing for almost 20 years. We all should know what SU's national perception is by now. Its easy to point fingers at a school that routinely struggles in recruiting.
Exactly. I’ve got zero patience for “long on diagnosis” posts

- “We used to be so good in the 90’s - but now we are not!”
- “Our expectations are so low”
- “Other fans think we suck. They might be right”

Wake up! Yes - perception is not great. The last 20 years are not great. Why we keep coming up with new reasons to be shocked by something we all lived is hilarious.

Questions worth asking:

- If winning consistently would help change that narrative, how do we get there?
- What will it take to change the things we can control in recruiting?
- What can the current coach or future coach change about our recruiting philosophy?
- What is replicable from our peers?

Exactly. I’ve got zero patience for “long on diagnosis” posts

- “We used to be so good in the 90’s - but now we are not!”
- “Our expectations are so low”
- “Other fans think we suck. They might be right”

Wake up! Yes - perception is not great. The last 20 years are not great. Why we keep coming up with new reasons to be shocked by something we all lived is hilarious.

Questions worth asking:

- If winning consistently would help change that narrative, how do we get there?
- What will it take to change the things we can control in recruiting?
- What can the current coach or future coach change about our recruiting philosophy?
- What is replicable from our peers?
Very thoughtful post. Those are good questions to ask.

People on this board understand they're rooting for Syracuse right? Sometimes I'm not too sure about that.

I think the people who were alive and around for like 1987-90s teams def have a different understanding from some younger fans maybe.

I don't see that era ever happening again and sadly I think expectations should adjust.

This recruiting cycle has a long way to go. There is a second signing day after this one and then transfers can be added through the summer. I would say those people either lack a basic understanding of that, or how recruiting class rankings work, and generally speaking are frustrated and unfortunately have resorted to being adult children trying to draw attention to themselves on message boards.

I’ve never really understood all the emotional handwringing over an incomplete product. It’s pointless. If the class looks like hot garbage in July heading into the season, then start acting like the sky is falling.

I'll add that some seem to not understand that the portal is opening up UNPRECEDENTED levels of player movement. And yet, people seem to view the roster churn through the old lens of attrition.

The times are a'changin'. Heck, they've already changed.

Early returns are positive here, in terms of what the coaching staff has done -- flipping several players. Curious to see what unfolds the rest of the day. They've kept a lot of this quiet, so I'd expect more surprises.

I think the people who were alive and around for like 1987-90s teams def have a different understanding from some younger fans maybe.

I don't see that era ever happening again and sadly I think expectations should adjust.
It could happen again but it's not going to happen overnight and it's certainly not going to happen in a season where the team is coming off a 1-10 season with some serious structural issues with the coaching staff and the roster.

I wasn't too happy about the lack of movement on HS recruits about 3-4 months ago, but that window has passed now. With the amount of roster turnover, we really do need more upperclassmen on this team that are high caliber contributors. So heavy focus on the portal makes sense under the circumstances and that's going to be a longer window. And we do legitimately have 3-4 other HS prospects we're involved with that aren't signing until the later signing day.

Can we add another 14 guys who are either high caliber HS recruits or high caliber transfers? I don't know. But I think there are enough prospects out there for the staff to give it a fighting chance.

I actually think we can get close to that, honestly. But it’s going to take a slow and steady approach from all involved. Good hires, smart coaching, a plan to get better talent.

I'll add that some seem to not understand that the portal is opening up UNPRECEDENTED levels of player movement. And yet, people seem to view the roster churn through the old lens of attrition.

The times are a'changin'. Heck, they've already changed.

Early returns are positive here, in terms of what the coaching staff has done -- flipping several players. Curious to see what unfolds the rest of the day. They've kept a lot of this quiet, so I'd expect more surprises.
An added bonus is that unlike the old days when you lost a player on your two-deep and couldn’t replace them quickly or with like talent - you have a chance to make quick fixes with a wider range of talent available.

Plugging holes should be easier.

If you were around in the 70's and early 80's you heard people whining that we'd never be successful again...too much snow...facilities not good enough...college FB landscape has changed...etc.
We became very successful from the late 80's to the early 2000's. There's always hope because things constantly change - even in Syracuse!