All inclusive 2021/22 recruiting thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

All inclusive 2021/22 recruiting thread

So right now we have 13 signed/committed players.

Not sure we expect any others to sign today.

I'm sure we will fill out the roster... but we'll need at least 10-15 more additions. That's a lot I feel like.

So right now we have 13 signed/committed players.

Not sure we expect any others to sign today.

I'm sure we will fill out the roster... but we'll need at least 10-15 more additions. That's a lot I feel like.

We have room for 12 right now.

People on this board understand they're rooting for Syracuse right? Sometimes I'm not too sure about that.
The operative word being Syracuse.

Guess what type of reporting gets more clicks, positive or negative?

Look at negativity spouted on this board on what was actually a decent signing day for us and you'll understand why all of those free "SU sites" had a negative slant to their reporting.

I am curious as to what makes it a decent class? They are second to last in the ACC and 70th nationally. I think it only rises to "decent" if they don't lose those 2 DL.

I am curious as to what makes it a decent class? They are second to last in the ACC and 70th nationally. I think it only rises to "decent" if they don't lose those 2 DL.
The loss of the two DL dropped the class 3-4 spots. And if we had a traditional class of 20-25 kids, we'd probably be right around 55-60, our sweet spot the last twenty years.

The two kids were close to our top two gets. We'd be close to Louisville with them included

North Carolina, Clemson, Florida St. and Miami stand above the rest, the way I see it. The rest of the teams in our league have average player ratings that are very similar.
1639602465732.png

First, I'm tired of posters being labeled as 'positive' or 'negative' posters. This isn't a forum where we have to leave our brains at the door.

My take: This obviously hasn't been the best of times for SU football.

Having said that, today was a good day. We kept all of our verbals, we added a quality flip, and we added a key transfer who can be a contributor next year. Sure, the Aussie punter is an unknown, but I'd take someone named Max Von Marburg regardless of his football prowess.

W-wait. We just signed someone else? An LB from Georgia? Well, there ya go.

First, I'm tired of posters being labeled as 'positive' or 'negative' posters. This isn't a forum where we have to leave our brains at the door.

My take: This obviously hasn't been the best of times for SU football.

Having said that, today was a good day. We kept all of our verbals, we added a quality flip, and we added a key transfer who can be a contributor next year. Sure, the Aussie punter is an unknown, but I'd take someone named Max Von Marburg regardless of his football prowess.

W-wait. We just signed someone else? An LB from Georgia? Well, there ya go.

Who happens to be the son of an AA LB from UGA who played in the NFL, and nephew of Champ Bailey, NFL HOFer.
And is tied for our 2nd highest rated 'croot in the class currently.

That's a pretty sweet cherry on top for today.

Who happens to be the son of an AA LB from UGA who played in the NFL, and nephew of Champ Bailey, NFL HOFer.
And is tied for our 2nd highest rated 'croot in the class currently.

That's a pretty sweet cherry on top for today.
I think the transfer bloc is going to determine what happens in the near term for the program. Not the HS prospects.

I think the transfer bloc is going to determine what happens in the near term for the program. Not the HS prospects.
In this class in particular, yes I agree. We have clear upperclassman needs at certain locations and generally a very young depth chart top to bottom. Our HS recruiting in this class is generally on par with most of the ACC. We won’t get credit in the class for the transfers but imo they are the most important part of the class this year.

I absolutely agree, 144%.

Next season is pivotal and crucial - so we're going to need guys who can contribute right away.
Transfer portal is a higher probability option for landing several difference makers.

This kid we just got from Llvll/flipped from Oregon St is an excellent start.

REALLY hope we can get Jared Verse, but with his current slate of offers, it's now a longshot.

The portal will be a very target-rich environment, and we can offer a legit shot at immediate playing time, vs. an ACC schedule, in a Dome.

Next season is pivotal and crucial - so we're going to need guys who can contribute right away.
Transfer portal is a higher probability option for landing several difference makers.

REALLY hope we can get Jared Verse, but with his current slate of offers, it's now a longshot.

The portal will be a very target-rich environment, and we can offer a legit shot at immediate playing time, vs. an ACC schedule, in a Dome.
Major uphill battle with Verse.

Yup. The transfers may determine whether or not we change coaches. I think they will, and not necessarily because they all need to be starters.

Really like what they’ve done on the defensive side of the ball. If they can keep some folks in place, and augment with solid, mature portal pick ups, you should have something solid from a team perspective to sell to your OC candidates - Along, of course, with Mr. Tucker. Seems like shoring up the offensive side of the ball is going to come next. Under the circumstances, I am hopeful with what Dino’s doing here.

Transfer portal grabs will be huge for what happens next year. I like this class overall but in general, most of these players won’t play or contribute next year. But I think most of them will be solid contributors, at least, in the future. It’s the type of class we need every single year to be competitive. But, we need to get players that can play and add depth for next year. I love the players on the team overall but they aren’t lasting the whole season without some depth at their positions. And we aren’t touching a bowl next year without some depth.