All time favorite player team | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

All time favorite player team

C: Rony Seikaly
PF: Derrick Coleman
SF: Carmelo Anthony
SG: Andy Rautins
PG: Sherman Douglas

Bench: Pearl, Flynn, Wallace, Addison, Leo Rautins, Etan Thomas, Moten, CJ Fair, Stevie Thompson, Gerry McNamara

Edit: sorry, I can't believe I left off Billy Owens. He's my 6th man.

Last edited:
PG--Sherman Douglas, my all time favorite SU player. What a treat it was to watch his teams!

C/ PF--Derrick Coleman, what a bad ass.

PF--John Wallace, total stud who helped us weather the storm of probation, and then led us to an improbable NC game in 1996.

G--Jason Hart, we've had a lot more talented players, but none who worked as hard as this guy.

-Rafael Addison, one of my first "favorites" when I was a kid. Great shooter.

Bench: Hak, Owens, Pearl, Rautins, Howard Triche, Z, Red, Duany, and my man Conrad McNasty.

Fast forwarding 10 years from when I made that original post, I think I would add CJ Fair, Gbinije, and Dolezaj. And probably Maliq Brown, as well.

No order but all my favorites:
Josh Pace (favorite)
Dave Johnson
Kristof Ongenaet
Conrad McRae
Andy Rautins

Favorite Walkons because they made the team better and were great to fans;
Ronneil Herron
Tyrone Albright
Elimu Nelson
10 years and it’s interesting how my brain has changed.
I’d remove Kristoff for Wallace. Rautins for Triche. I just think Triche was criminally underrated on both ends and was a proven winner. His demeanor or lack their of, was a turn off for me as I always played sports with emotion. Now I can see that not having highs and lows can be a positive and also alarming for an opponent.

13 scholarships

PG: Sherman Douglas
SG: Lawrence Moten (favorite player of all time)
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Derrick Coleman
C: Etan Thomas

Bench: Jerami Grant, Billy Owens, Jonny Flynn, Otis Hill, Hakim Warrick, Stevie Thompson, Wes Johnson, Dave Johnson

I love the randos. If your favorite lineup is a who's-who of the best players in school history, that's not interesting.

Todd Burgan and Scott McCorkle, now THAT'S interesting.
Are you saying that Scotty McCorkle isn't among the who's-who of Syracuse basketball players?

Pearl, Douglas, Flynn, devo23 and Coleman. W/Harris, Pace, Rjack and fair. Oh were there position requirements? Conrad mcrae, quadir etc. Imagine # 31,20,10,23 and 44 on court together What would that be like?

I feel gu
Pearl, Douglas, Flynn, devo23 and Coleman. W/Harris, Pace, Rjack and fair. Oh were there position requirements? Conrad mcrae, quadir etc. Imagine # 31,20,10,23 and 44 on court together What would that be like?
I literally feel guilty leaving so many off the list. Loved David Johnson even after he kicked my ass along with 2 of the other best players at Golden Valley BBall camp 3 on 1. We lost like 8-11 and he was just messing with us

Pearl Washington is my favorite player. Attendance at the Dome exploded when Pearl came here and he elevated the program into a destination for blue chip recruits around the nation. Melo is the best player I ever saw at SU. I knew that watching his first college game when he scored 21 points in the first half at Madison Square Garden against Memphis. My favorite team would have to include Derrick Coleman, John Wallace and Billy Owens, but I could name a few dozen other favorite players including some who are currently playing for the Cuse.

Pearl Washington is my favorite player. Attendance at the Dome exploded when Pearl came here and he elevated the program into a destination for blue chip recruits around the nation. Melo is the best player I ever saw at SU. I knew that watching his first college game when he scored 21 points in the first half at Madison Square Garden against Memphis. My favorite team would have to include Derrick Coleman, John Wallace and Billy Owens, but I could name a few dozen other favorite players including some who are currently playing for the Cuse.
So do it ;)

This won't be back for 10 years.

Hey guys, not sure if this has been done, but I've seen people's "All time greatest Syracuse team", what I'm looking for is everybody's favorite player team. These may not be the best player at each position, but something about them made you love them. I figure we'll do a starting 5 and throw a 6th man in there.

C: Etan Thomas (absolutely loved watching him play defense)
PF: Rick Jackson (was amazed how hard one person could work to get to where he did by his senior season)
SF: Preston Shumpert (probably could have thrown him in the 2 spot, but this is for fun. Loved his shooting stroke, really enjoyed watching him play here, wish he got a shot in the NBA)
SG: Eric Devendorf (Fun to watch, loved his intensity, wish the off the court bs didn't happen but oh well. He'll go down as one of my all time favorite Orange players. Nobody can take away his love for the game and love for the roar of 30k cheering for him and his teams.)
PG: Lazarus Sims (loved him at the point, the pass first, shoot second guys at the 1 are my favorite. Loved watching him play.)

6th man: Dion Waiters (Just loved the guy, I loved him when he was in his freshman season with the chip on his shoulder. He has that cocky attitude that basketball players need to get to an elite level. You put his mind in Triche's body I think you see BT in the NBA already.)
I didn’t see Dave Bing play for Syracuse University

Center - Bill Smith
Forward - Carmelo Anthony
Forward - Derrick Coleman
Guard - Jimmy Lee
Guard - Pearl Washington

Being flexible with positions:

Sherm, Moten, Melo, Wallace, DC

Two teams:

All highlight team:
Stevie Thompson
Sherman Douglas
Hakim Warrick
David Johnson
Johnny Flynn
I know I left Pearl off. That's because I started watching right after he left. I love guards that can fly and am imagining all the alley oops from Douglas to the rest.

Best team:
Sherman Douglas
Billy Owens
Carmelo Anthony
John Wallace
Derrick Coleman
I only went with guys I saw play, so no Dave Bing or Pearl. I'm playing Owens at guard. I don't think anybody is outrebounding that team, everyone can handle the ball, and it's a better 3 pt shooting team than you might think at first. Not sure about perimeter defense with Sherm being so small and Owens maybe being too slow to guard quick guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom