And there you go... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

And there you go...

it was easy to calculate last night, -8
Thanks lol. I was hoping to get a whole snip of his entire time playing so far since last year

if you think it's such a big deal, do the research yourself & present it

I'm just kidding...he asked if we had seen the numbers. I accepted the very considerate offer, as I would imagine anyone asking such a thing, clearly has the numbers already - as a result, I asked for a bit more detail for my own purposes. Breaking it down to just P5 couldn't take long...it's not like everyone transferred.
Settle down.

He's probably chimed in already, but you just made his point.

Yes, Buddy had terrific numbers in the ACC, which we wouldn't have seen without the long leash that allowed him time to settle in after a first month that saw him shoot...a bit less than 40%.

Buddy saw a lot of time on the bench in November and December last year while Carey was ahead of him in the rotation. Let's not rewrite history.

I'm just kidding...he asked if we had seen the numbers. I accepted the very considerate offer, as I would imagine anyone asking such a thing, clearly has the numbers already - as a result, I asked for a bit more detail for my own purposes. Breaking it down to just P5 couldn't take long...it's not like everyone transferred.
Settle down.
in all honesty, it's the sort of thing i would do if i wanted to make a point

I hate the way the fans cheer for Girard, I've said I think it's gross because it doesn't feel like they're cheering for JG3 so much as cheering against Carey - but the difference in the way the offense ran with him on the floor was clear.

I think the cheers for Girard are because many fans see him as the next GMac.

No! Give me the numbers at P5 teams, and who the replacement was!

You should really take a scroll through this...it might take you awhile. But hey it only happens at Syracuse. It doesnt show these players replacements though (because that's so relevant) but we do know who replaced carey dont we? What's that matter?

Settle down.
This link might be useful...

The PG is the QB of the team . directing the offense Joe (a real qb) and Howard were directing other players bringing the ball up court ..Carey would just look to score and then if he couldnt he would stop and then try to find a shot or drive .. What are their asist numbers ? Jalen has had very few if I recall .. hes just not a PG

Does any other major program have a recruit/young player falling off the wheels like this almost every year? Does anybody else think it's the head coach, and not the 19 year old?

The program has missed Hopkins since he left. Elite recruiter, a second head coach in many ways and our guards were better on both sides of the ball with Hop around. I think it's fair to acknowledge how much JB leaned on him and also fair to state we aren't the same without hop right now.

Buddy saw a lot of time on the bench in November and December last year while Carey was ahead of him in the rotation. Let's not rewrite history.

I must be too clumsy with language today, since folks like you and shandeezy definitely can read and think but aren't getting what I'm saying.

He had a long leash, evidenced by the fact that he played in conference games after a poor start to the year.

If he hadn't had that long leash, he wouldn't have been in the rotation in conference. If he hadn't been in the rotation in conference, he wouldn't have shot 40% from 3 in league play. Thus, if he hadn't had a long leash, Syracuse wouldn't have enjoyed that 40% production from him.

Long leash = good.

The program has missed Hopkins since he left. Elite recruiter, a second head coach in many ways and our guards were better on both sides of the ball with Hop around. I think it's fair to acknowledge how much JB leaned on him and also fair to state we aren't the same without hop right now.

Hop coached the bigs from 2012 until he left.

You should really take a scroll through this...it might take you awhile. But hey it only happens at Syracuse. It doesnt show these players replacements though (because that's so relevant) but we do know who replaced carey dont we? What's that matter?

Listen, I just want to know if there is some secret stash of kids out there that can dribble with both hands while in motion...are they being replaced, and by who? Where are these unicorns??? Are they transferring too? What happens elsewhere? I'm confused!!!

I suppose it could be relevant...if you're Jordan Tucker, I can see why you transfer. If you're at a school loaded with 5 stars, it kinda makes more sense to me. We're not really close to approaching that.

The PG is the QB of the team . directing the offense Joe (a real qb) and Howard were directing other players bringing the ball up court ..Carey would just look to score and then if he couldnt he would stop and then try to find a shot or drive .. What are their asist numbers ? Jalen has had very few if I recall .. hes just not a PG

25 assists to 41 turnovers last year. 1 assist to 3 turnovers this year.

I must be too clumsy with language today, since folks like you and shandeezy definitely can read and think but aren't getting what I'm saying.

He had a long leash, evidenced by the fact that he played in conference games after a poor start to the year.

If he hadn't had that long leash, he wouldn't have been in the rotation in conference. If he hadn't been in the rotation in conference, he wouldn't have shot 40% from 3 in league play. Thus, if he hadn't had a long leash, Syracuse wouldn't have enjoyed that 40% production from him.

Long leash = good.
Disagree. It's been stated numerous times the playing time in non conference. It had nothing to do with a long leash and everything to do with buddy have something the team needed that carey couldn't provide. Coaches knew he was by far our best option as a shooter and that's why he got the opportunity. Carey was given every chance early on to get his playing time and didnt capitalize. It became clear what our team needed going forward last year and it wasnt more turnovers.. .it was buddy's shooting.

FFS - The ONLY reason Buddy had "a long leash" to open the season last year, was because BOTH Frank and Jalen were INJURED.

It was Battle, Buddy, and ??? at guard for us for like a month.

And yes - Buddy struggled pretty mightily at times, and his PT often reflected that.
Conversely - in ACC play he was our most consistent shooter, so of course he got run.

Buddy's leash was long for the first two games in which he went 2-18 from 3.

After than, he only got more than 7 minutes of playing time in 5 of the next 13 games. In those 5 games, he was the hot hand 3 times, shooting 10 for 22 from three. He also had an 0-5 against Colgate and a 3-11 against Ga. Tech.

It was only with the Pitt game, where he went 4-5 from three, that he really forced his way into the rotation and remained there for the rest of the year.

Carey was eating up all those available minutes until about the beginning of January, so he had plenty of opportunity to take Buddy's minutes, but he didn't.

Disagree. It's been stated numerous times the playing time in non conference. It had nothing to do with a long leash and everything to do with buddy have something the team needed that carey couldn't provide. Coaches knew he was by far our best option as a shooter and that's why he got the opportunity. Carey was given every chance early on to get his playing time and didnt capitalize. It became clear what our team needed going forward last year and it wasnt more turnovers.. .it was buddy's shooting.

Exactly - that's what long leash refers to.

"This team needs perimeter shooting. He's shooting like crap in November. But he should get minutes and find his rhythm because we need that to happen."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom