And there you go... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

And there you go...

so you're really going with the argument that transferring out of unproductive, underachieving players is unique to Syracuse?
Quite the jump you made there. No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that JB is a disproportionate reason of transfers compared to other coaches and programs. I don't think that's even a controversial statement.

i wonder if the normal fans know we call him jgiii? it would be awesome to hear thunderous chants of 25000 cheering for him like the "mvp!" chant

j!
g!
3!

j!
g!
3!
Everyone calls him JG3. It isn’t a board thing.

Everyone calls him JG3. It isn’t a board thing.

Right. Even his father has called him JG3. Not sure how far back that goes, but I've definitely heard it from him before his time on the Hill.

Last edited:
so, too, is humility

if jc is willing to honestly assess his play, he can still find a way to be useful to this team. he can be a nice change of pace backup to buddy at the 2 for 8 minutes a game. he can be the point man/disruptor when we need to go to the press. he and brycen at the top of the zone might be our best defensive lineup.

but he has to give up the idea that he is going to be a syracuse point guard.

In fairness to Carey, he was put in a really tough spot. Everyone has been telling him he's the PG for 14 months (or more) and now he's suddenly out of the mix there, for all intents and purposes. That sucks and it's a brutal part of sports -- the unforgiving honesty that tends to play out at these high levels.

But I'm in agreement. Would love to see him off-ball and paired a bit with Girard from time to time. Not sure we'll see it but he could theoretically get more than 8 mins a game with his talent and athleticism.

Carey deleted all SU-related photos from his instagram account for all you social media sleuths out there

Carey Looks to be officially and permanently in the doghouse

He’s making Caleb Joseph in his second year look good, You would think he ever get better and show some progress in his second year but it has been nothing but regression guys a turnover machine.
I doubt he will ever get his starting job back unless the guys in front of him completely falter and will probably only average about 5 to 10 minutes a game. So freaking sad how it all turned out but it’s no ones fault but his own as far as I can see

I remember Leo Rautins taking chances with his passes. Some were great plays and some resulted in turnovers. Great plays don’t have a chance to happen if you plays ten miles an hour. Girard pushes and will take some chances. That long outlet to Hughes late in the game that actually made Hughes run a little. You could tell JB wasn’t comfortable with the pass. He must have forgot Sherman Douglas’ between the legs pass. I think he forgot how we actually played 25 years ago. Today, he tries to control everything.

He’s making Caleb Joseph in his second year look good, You would think he ever get better and show some progress in his second year but it has been nothing but regression guys a turnover machine.
I doubt he will ever get his starting job back unless the guys in front of him completely falter and will probably only average about 5 to 10 minutes a game. So freaking sad how it all turned out but it’s no ones fault but his own as far as I can see
That's a lot of baseless speculation. He's two games into his sophomore season, so there's a good chance his story as a player here has yet to be written.

This will say a lot about JB and the coaching staff. Usually, once a player loses his starting job by JB he never plays again. It makes no sense. He was good enough to start and now he won’t play. I’m hoping he still gets at least 15 minutes a game. You either develop the kid or you better re-evaluate your recruiting. We’ve seen this “turning two guards into point guards“ over and over with little success.

I believe, if I recall correctly, reading sometime after Carey committed where he stated that the coaches told him he very well could be a one & done here. My goodness if that was actually said to him. Though, I guess one & 1/2 and done is possible if he transfers out after this semester. :(

So freaking sad how it all turned out but it’s no ones fault but his own as far as I can see

It is sad but I think it's the Coach's fault for playing him at PG, he doesn't have the skills to play that position. After how he played last season it's crazy that he was given another chance to play there.

The staff stuck with him and let him start two games this year
eight, counting italy & the exhibitions. to continue a popular analogy, he was running on a 30 foot training leash

Would you say he didn't hit adversity last season?
Personally, I think this is his first hard dose of adversity. But let's say you're right and it has now happened for a second time. Does that mean that posters should belittle him (or any of our players) and essentially treat them as some disposable/substandard talent(s). A LeMoyne PG could perform better?

I hate to sound like I am 65 years-old (I'm not), but could this board would do well to class things up a bit. I don't know Jalen Carey, but he appears to be a really good kid who works hard and cares. Please consider treating him like a person, ... not a shamed failure. He's an Orangeman and we should all treat him as such.

Personally, I think this is his first hard dose of adversity. But let's say you're right and it has now happened for a second time. Does that mean that posters should belittle him (or any of our players) and essentially treat them as some disposable/substandard talent(s). A LeMoyne PG could perform better?

I hate to sound like I am 65 years-old (I'm not), but could this board would do well to class things up a bit. I don't know Jalen Carey, but he appears to be a really good kid who works hard and cares. Please consider treating him like a person, ... not a shamed failure. He's an Orangeman and we should all treat him as such.
I completely agree with everything, with the exception of the opening. I think he faced a lot of adversity last season. He didn't know Battle was coming back. Carey's expectation coming in wasn't just that he would start, but without Battle, he would be relied on for a lot of scoring. Not only did he suffer a minor injury early, he also didn't settle in as a starter, didn't settle in as a bench guy, and went from thinking he would be a focal point putting up points to being in "I can't screw up when I get minutes."

Like I said though, I think your overall point is well made. There is absolutely no reason for our fan base here to be piling on.

Quite the jump you made there. No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that JB is a disproportionate reason of transfers compared to other coaches and programs. I don't think that's even a controversial statement.
Whoa! Where the hell did that come from?

You (or I or anyone else) have no idea of the "disproportionate reason" for transfers from the SU program, let alone from any other program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom