Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unplugging Roberson makes him virtually useless. We need him to clean up the glass offensively and defensively this year. Lydon is still going to get his minutes and I think is mentally tough to come in off the bench yet again. I'd just be afraid we'd lose Robey if we tell him he's coming off the bench in his senior year

I remember JB saying "if there was anyone else" and that was just last year. If you have to start to be motivated you aren't a starter plain and simple.
I think Roby comes back strong for his last go around. Not sure he starts, but I could see him accomplishing more in 25min per than he did last year.

Last edited:
Unplugging Roberson makes him virtually useless. We need him to clean up the glass offensively and defensively this year. Lydon is still going to get his minutes and I think is mentally tough to come in off the bench yet again. I'd just be afraid we'd lose Robey if we tell him he's coming off the bench in his senior year
Not to sound too cutthroat - but so be it, if so.

Im also hoping that the light is going to go on for Roberson and well see constant effort from him like in the ncaa tourney, also i think he is going to be more confident on O because he is a senior and that the hard word he put in this summer on his jumper will pay dividends

IMO - look at Boeheim's body of work. I think you bring in Gillon, White, and Battle to start (given their particular circumstances). Roberson and Coleman have been starting for a long time now and Boeheim's doesn't typically reverse course.

As we know, it's in the number of minutes played in Boeheim's world (rather than who starts). Lydon has never started and (honestly) it doesn't make a bit of difference at this point whether he does or not. His draft status is surging and he just needs to deliver and end the game on the floor. Therefore, I predict:

Gillon
Battle
White
Roberson
Coleman

Lydon
PC
Howard
TT
Moyer (if healthy)

Last edited:
This is my favorite post from their board. just straight up lunacy!

If the VCU offer is truly on the table and Andrew wants to make a strictly "basketball decision", then the choice between VCU and Syracuse is a nonsensical comparison for 2016-17.

Lets see, Andrew's number one knock right now is his ability to guard at the next level. Going to Syracuse to hide in a 2-3 zone isn't going to alleviate these concerns.

Secondly, Syracuse is NOT going to be good next year. This fact is omitted too often when discussing this comparison. They lost five seniors, and their three top scorers/best players from last year's team. They return 2 rotation players who they are hoping to take the next step next year with Lydon and Roberson. They are going to be insanely young next year. The chances of Syracuse making the NCAA tourney next year playing in the ACC is ridiculously slim. Next year by all accounts is a rebuilding year. Andrew needs to ask himself, does he want to be on another P5 team where he'll have the green light and still lose.

Lets compare that to VCU who returns a veteran laden team who's looking to dance for their 7th year in a row, who should dance regardless as to whether Andrew joins or not. However, if he chooses to join, he fills a match made in heaven. He gives us additional size on the wing, he adds an experienced shooter to the line up, and he helps us on the glass. Andrew/Till/Mo should DESTROY the glass next season. His addition vaults us into the top 20 instantly. Also, lets not forget Andrew will get to go to Spain and Atlantis as a senior AND play in front of his friends and family every home game.

So let's see. Go and be apart of ANOTHER rebuilding project that he just left in Nebraska. OR play on a veteran laden team who could be one of the best teams in program history if he chooses to join up. This decision is a no brainer.
I stopped reading after "Secondly, Syracuse is NOT going to be good next year".

IMO - look at Boeheim's body of work. I think you bring in Gillon, White, and Battle to start (given their particular circumstances). Roberson and Coleman have been starting for a long time now and Boeheim's doesn't typically reverse course.

As we know, it's in the number of minutes played in Boeheim's world (rather than who starts). Lyndon has never started and (honestly) it doesn't make a bit of difference at this point whether he does or not. His draft status is surging and he just needs to deliver and end the game on the floor. Therefore, I predict:

Gillon
Battle
White
Roberson
Coleman

Lydon
PC
Howard
TT
Moyer (if healthy)

THIS. exactly.

2 5th year Grad guards, the top recruit, a Sr and a 5th year Sr all start.
You know how Boeheim do.

Lydon may still lead the team in minutes played, in spite of not playing the first 2 of each half.

PC will split the minutes at the 5 with DC.
Frankie comes in when Gillon or Battle are on the bench.
TT spells Robey for a few, and is the 3rd C.
Moyer is sounding more and more like a redshirt candidate. Break glass in case of emergency, otherwise keep him on ice until he's 100%.

White, Lydon, or Battle coming off the bench. That is an embarrassment of riches. I think this is going to be a fun year.
Maybe White is coming in to be the scorer off the bench, because the NBA wants to see him audition for that role?

I couldn't be happier seeing the word "Committed" next to AW3's name. We knew it was only a matter of time. He will look and be great in Orange! As far as lineups go, I'll leave that up to JB. I'm just happy it is officially official. No need to stress lineups in August. We're loaded and have excellent depth. So many options. Now, let's get some verbals from our '17 boys...

This is my favorite post from their board. just straight up lunacy!

If the VCU offer is truly on the table and Andrew wants to make a strictly "basketball decision", then the choice between VCU and Syracuse is a nonsensical comparison for 2016-17.

Lets see, Andrew's number one knock right now is his ability to guard at the next level. Going to Syracuse to hide in a 2-3 zone isn't going to alleviate these concerns.

Secondly, Syracuse is NOT going to be good next year. This fact is omitted too often when discussing this comparison. They lost five seniors, and their three top scorers/best players from last year's team. They return 2 rotation players who they are hoping to take the next step next year with Lydon and Roberson. They are going to be insanely young next year. The chances of Syracuse making the NCAA tourney next year playing in the ACC is ridiculously slim. Next year by all accounts is a rebuilding year. Andrew needs to ask himself, does he want to be on another P5 team where he'll have the green light and still lose.

Lets compare that to VCU who returns a veteran laden team who's looking to dance for their 7th year in a row, who should dance regardless as to whether Andrew joins or not. However, if he chooses to join, he fills a match made in heaven. He gives us additional size on the wing, he adds an experienced shooter to the line up, and he helps us on the glass. Andrew/Till/Mo should DESTROY the glass next season. His addition vaults us into the top 20 instantly. Also, lets not forget Andrew will get to go to Spain and Atlantis as a senior AND play in front of his friends and family every home game.

So let's see. Go and be apart of ANOTHER rebuilding project that he just left in Nebraska. OR play on a veteran laden team who could be one of the best teams in program history if he chooses to join up. This decision is a no brainer.

This poster sounds like he could be a speech writer for Donald Trump. Hilarious!

Interesting take...and totally not implausible
It's out there, but it would seem like this would be an interesting thing to talk about in an interview. "Look, I'm not an NBA starter yet, but what I can be right now is a guy that knows how to come off the bench, play within the offense, and hit some shots for a winning team. That's what I did all least season at Syracuse."

Any starting lineup that doesn't include Lydon . . . . . What! He is our best player at 3 positions, how does that make sense? I know Roberson and Coleman are seniors but he is better than both at their positions so how in the heck does it make sense that not just one but both start over him? You have to make excuses for these guys to put them ahead of Lydon on the depth chart and call on seniority. The argument itself proves that Lydon should start over both of them. Popcorn and soda

Any starting lineup that doesn't include Lydon . . . . . What! He is our best player at 3 positions, how does that make sense? I know Roberson and Coleman are seniors but he is better than both at their positions so how in the heck does it make sense that not just one but both start over him? You have to make excuses for these guys to put them ahead of Lydon on the depth chart and call on seniority. The argument itself proves that Lydon should start over both of them. Popcorn and soda

I agree with a lot of what you wrote and think Lydon will start. However, I don't think he does at the 4 or 5. I think he starts at the 3 and Battle comes in off the bench. It's very rare for Boeheim to relegate a veteran who has started in the past to the bench. Roberson and Coleman will start even if Coleman is yanked at the first TV timeout. I think Boeheim makes the freshman earn it.

I agree with a lot of what you wrote and think Lydon will start. However, I don't think he does at the 4 or 5. I think he starts at the 3 and Battle comes in off the bench. It's very rare for Boeheim to relegate a veteran who has started in the past to the bench. Roberson and Coleman will start even if Coleman is yanked at the first TV timeout. I think Boeheim makes the freshman earn it.

The thing is he is our best front line player at every position, 3, 4, 5 he has to start because he can play them all. This argument is all about keeping both returning seniors as starters. Forget that they are seniors and returning starters and then things are easy and obvious.

Plus this could be JAB's last hurrah so he could change things up a little different than in the past. Expect the unexpected!!!

The thing is he is our best front line player at every position, 3, 4, 5 he has to start because he can play them all. This argument is all about keeping both returning seniors as starters. Forget that they are seniors and returning starters and then things are easy and obvious.

I don't disagree with you about his ability vs. Coleman and Roberson. The same argument was true last year, but Boeheim refused to sit either one of them. I'd be absolutely shocked to not see Coleman and Roberson in the starting lineup. If Lydon starts, which I think he will, it's over Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom