Class of 2014 - Andrew Wiggins | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Andrew Wiggins

Good point. Does NCAA allow you to over-recruit? As in you don't have any spots but you still offer because you know people will leave. Cal might recruit 3 more for all we know.

yes its done all the time

It's shameless... Last night, they had "Kentucky Blue" on ESPN ... not for anything in particular. Just a random view of the latest D-League practice and perpetually glib smirk on Cal's grill. And of course there was something on Duke ... just because.

So should we start calling him Cal Vitale instead of Dook Vitale now?

Good point. Does NCAA allow you to over-recruit? As in you don't have any spots but you still offer because you know people will leave. Cal might recruit 3 more for all we know.

Well technically speaking I think that the NCAA actually kind of encourages it since its policy is that a scholarship is only a one year commitment from the school to the athlete. Aren't all the program's scholarships basically available the next year if something/one better were to come along. In an environment where more and more players are leaving early/ier it seems like it would make it all the more likely that someone is going to get recruited over...even to the point of not having a scholarship available for them when they in fact want to return and you can bet it won't be the borderline NBA prospect that unexpectedly decided to return that will lose his place on a roster.

Well technically speaking I think that the NCAA actually kind of encourages it since its policy is that a scholarship is only a one year commitment from the school to the athlete. Aren't all the program's scholarships basically available the next year if something/one better were to come along. In an environment where more and more players are leaving early/ier it seems like it would make it all the more likely that someone is going to get recruited over...even to the point of not having a scholarship available for them when they in fact want to return and you can bet it won't be the borderline NBA prospect that unexpectedly decided to return that will lose his place on a roster.

Isn't this one of the reasons JB rarely uses all of this schollies? Typically leaves one open?

We are definitely in the mix. Likely deeper than most recruiting analysts seem to be thinking.
That is good to hear, particularly from you. If I remember correctly, you are fairly well informed on the Canadian players, is that correct?

We are definitely in the mix. Likely deeper than most recruiting analysts seem to be thinking.

How sweet would it be to come in and steal this one!!! Kid would be great in our system!

How sweet would it be to come in and steal this one!!! Kid would be great in our system!
Our system really is built for his position. Also, here, he has the opportunity to be a true rockstar. In Lexingtonhes just another dude, and that evidenced by alumni support. Our alumni bleed orange, Cal alumni bleed green.

He and Ennis alone can change my entire perception of Canada.

go to the brass rail in Toronto...that will change your perception quick! but ya, id give up sex for a day if we landed Wiggins

go to the brass rail in Toronto...that will change your perception quick! but ya, id give up sex for a day if we landed Wiggins
I have no reason to cross that border anymore.

You would give up sex for a "day" lol, damn play on playa...and I thought I had game.

What happenend, Ontario is sick...Quebec-not so much
I played hockey my whole childbood. Spent a lot of time in Canada. can't remember a time where I thought the host nation was gracious. We just failed to get a long.