Another win...another meltdown | Syracusefan.com

Another win...another meltdown

NKR1978

Living Legend
We must have the only fan base that has a meltdown after a win, and bashes our players after wins.

A win is a win, and we had no business being in a position to have the refs affect the result given how poorly we rebounded and shot. The fact that there are actually threads of people whining that they feel "guilty" over this is hilarious.

This was awesome. Maybe it's the schadenfreude in me, but knowing how upset WVU fans are makes me happy. This type of loss hurts SO much more than a losing in a blowout. If it happened to us, it would ruin my weekend. :)

And the SU "fan" apologizing on the WVU scout site should eat a bag of d1cks.

Go Orange.

I'd rather have the blowout and not a handout at the end than take joy in others' misery... other than possibly against Georgetown. This wasn't a meltdown. If that 3 at the end goes, then you would see a true meltdown, and deservedly so.

perhaps you should ask Coach Boeheim why he was so upset in the postgame presser than. A win is a win, right?

I'd rather have the blowout and not a handout at the end than take joy in others' misery... other than possibly against Georgetown. This wasn't a meltdown. If that 3 at the end goes, then you would see a true meltdown, and deservedly so.

Death and cancer and war are misery. As much as sports can hurt, that's not real misery. I don't feel guilty for laughing at WVU fans.

perhaps you should ask Coach Boeheim why he was so upset in the postgame presser than. A win is a win, right?

I forgot, I coach the SU basketball team. He should be upset. That's his job. But I'm going to be happy in that as poorly as we played, we still won. A win against a good and incredibly well-coached team is a win.

We must have the only fan base that has a meltdown after a win, and bashes our players after wins.

A win is a win, and we had no business being in a position to have the refs affect the result given how poorly we rebounded and shot. The fact that there are actually threads of people whining that they feel "guilty" over this is hilarious.

This was awesome. Maybe it's the schadenfreude in me, but knowing how upset WVU fans are makes me happy. This type of loss hurts SO much more than a losing in a blowout. If it happened to us, it would ruin my weekend. :)

Go Orange.

I want to win a national title this year. If we play the way we played today (miserable half-court execution, abused on the boards), we won't be able to beat Kentucky. That said, I am very happy we pulled out a win today because I can actually enjoy my weekend.

I don't think happy is the word I'd use to describe how I feel right now. Relieved would be a better description for me. With this type of play I'm not even worried about beating Kentucky, I'm worried about not being blown out, and would be surprised to beat any ranked team.

That said, I know things can turn around. It's just a matter of it they will, especially if Fab Melo doesn't return.

Go Orange.

Who apologized? To what thread are you referring? The "you got hosed" one? Because I started that.

YOU WANNA GO!!!!!???

Kenntucky, I'd be more worried about a team like Richmond

I don't think happy is the word I'd use to describe how I feel right now. Relieved would be a better description for me. With this type of play I'm not even worried about beating Kentucky, I'm worried about not being blown out, and would be surprised to beat any ranked team.

Maybe I'm delusional, but really good teams win games like this where merely good teams lose them. That gives me comfort because we have been playing awful. We will have no chance at the Final Four if the play doesn't get better. So don't think that I'm happy with the way they played or have been playing. I'm just incredibly optimistic that this is our swoon, and pleasantly surprised that we're 3-1 after playing four bad games in a row. And WVU and Cincy are solid teams. And we don't have Fab, which wouldn't help the shooting, but could certainly help with defense and rebounding and having 5 additional fouls.

Who apologized? To what thread are you referring? The "you got hosed" one? Because I started that.

YOU WANNA GO!!!!!???

Seriously, that was you?

I'm very happy with this win. At the same time it's clear that this team has a lot of work to do, and I think it's natural to want to discuss what needs to be worked on especially since reasonable people can and do disagree.

"A win is a win...that's all that matters. Don't worry about the negatives we are all seeing...NOTHING TO SEE HERE"

- Syracuse Football Fan after the Toledo and Tulane games.

"A win is a win...that's all that matters. Don't worry about the negatives we are all seeing...NOTHING TO SEE HERE"

- Syracuse Football Fan after the Toledo and Tulane games.

Fair point, but WVU and Cincy are better than Toledo and Tulane. And I never said we played well. Just that the hand wringing and whining about the refs (in our favor) is kind of hilarious.

Go Orange.

The WHOLE bag of ? But that won't leave any for Karl Hess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom