any word on UConn's draw in the | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

any word on UConn's draw in the

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great slam, Michael Gbingie.

I swear some people don't think before they try and slam others. Purvis played 25+ minutes a game and put up 10 points per game, how did Gbingie do at Duke? I happen to think both are good players who were in less than ideal situations based on their skill sets, but my lord.

I swear I have to say it every time but Cuse and UConn are extremely close. Every metric says that. ESPN's listing of the top 50 programs over the past 50 years had UConn and Cuse back to back at 8 and 9 (though Cuse's point total was questionable, they were the only program where the decade totals did not add up to the final total, IIRC). Assuming the point totals were correct than Cuse is ahead by one spot in the college basketball world right now.

As for the highlighted part, it's absurd to say any fanbase has derived more enjoyment.

Not sure how that is related, I believe the point was that UConn was still recruiting well, not that Cuse isn't. It's not a zero sum game with UConn and Cuse recruiting well.

For the record, McCullough does have the potential to be the best in his class, Kevin Garnettesque. He doesn't always show up though, not sure he has the Garnett fire yet.

Hamilton is more like Rip Hamilton and may take a few years to be a top NBA pick, but is an outstanding scorer.

I agree with the first paragraph.

You do realize that Cuse has as many question marks (if not more) in the back court? and front court?

I get you hate/dislike Boatright and that's fine, but my question is, what are you basing your opinion of Facey on? Every game I've seen him play in, has lead me to believe he can contribute next year in the post in UConn's two areas of need (rebounding and shot-blocking). He may not be the most skilled in the post on offense but he won't be called on to do so.
Silent G was at duke. Purvis would never have seen the floor if he was at Duke. In the old Big East, UConn would be a .500 level team in that league.

Man, I love when we get to talk about Connecticut University. I love their bulldog mascot. Shame their Coach Calvin had to hang 'em up.

Silent G was at duke. Purvis would never have seen the floor if he was at Duke. In the old Big East, UConn would be a .500 level team in that league.

First, were you trying to emphasize that he was at Duke, or can you just not read where I asked how he did at Duke? Never seen the floor, so, just like Michael Gbinjie.

Michael Gbinjie:
Belmont: 1 minute
Presbyterian: 14 minutes
Mich St.: DNP
Davidson: 2 minutes
Tennessee: DNP
Michigan DNP
Kansas: DNP
OSU: 16 minutes
Colorado St: 10 minutes
Washington: 1 minute
UNC Greensboro: 14 minutes
W. Michigan: 16 minutes
Temple: 8 minutes
GTech: DNP
UVA: DNP
Clemson: 4 minutes
Wake Forest: 6 minutes
FSU: DNP
Maryland: DNP
SJU: DNP
Va. Tech: DNP
Miami (OT) DNP
UNC: DNP
Maryland: 1 minute
NC State: 1 minute
BC: 6 minutes
FSU: < 1 minute
Va Tech (OT): DNP
Wake Forest 1 minute
UNC: < 1 minute
Lehigh: <1 minute

Now onto your second sentence. What the heck do you mean? I will quote you again: "In the old Big East, UConn would be a .500 level team in that league."

What do you mean by the old Big East, specifically, what years?

Am I just supposed to infer what UConn team you are talking about? The 2011 NC team, the 2013 team, next years 2014 team?

Vague arguments about fictional scenarios is a fantastic way to make a point there. Almost as bad as not knowing the background of your own team, congrats, you managed to accomplish both.

First, were you trying to emphasize that he was at Duke, or can you just not read where I asked how he did at Duke? Never seen the floor, so, just like Michael Gbinjie.

Michael Gbinjie:
Michigan DNP
Miami (OT) DNP
Wake Forest 1 minute

Now onto your second sentence. What the heck do you mean? I will quote you again: "In the old Big East, UConn would be a .500 level team in that league."

Am I just supposed to infer what UConn team you are talking about? The 2011 NC team, the 2013 team, next years 2014 team?

Vague arguments about fictional scenarios is a fantastic way to make a point there. Almost as bad as not knowing the background of your own team, congrats, you managed to accomplish both.
caw, get some sleep dude. the reality is we are playing duke and unc at home next year while you are playing Memphis and temple. time to move on

Michael Gbinjie:
Michigan DNP
Miami (OT) DNP
Wake Forest 1 minute

Not that hard to understand. If the Big East had stayed together, UConn's team next year would be a .500 level team at best. Pretty much what you have been in the league over the last 4 years. Good guards. Weak front court. Why you feel it necessary to come here and tell us how good you think you will be, is just a little strange. My post to start this topic was a joke.

Great slam, Michael Gbingie.

I swear some people don't think before they try and slam others. Purvis played 25+ minutes a game and put up 10 points per game, how did Gbingie do at Duke? I happen to think both are good players who were in less than ideal situations based on their skill sets, but my lord.

I swear I have to say it every time but Cuse and UConn are extremely close. Every metric says that. ESPN's listing of the top 50 programs over the past 50 years had UConn and Cuse back to back at 8 and 9 (though Cuse's point total was questionable, they were the only program where the decade totals did not add up to the final total, IIRC). Assuming the point totals were correct than Cuse is ahead by one spot in the college basketball world right now.

As for the highlighted part, it's absurd to say any fanbase has derived more enjoyment.

#1, his last name is spelled Gbinije. If you are going to attempt to score a talking point, at least get your facts straight so that you don't look like a misinformed fool.

#2, we're excited about Gbinije's potential, but he is essentially an unproven commodity at the major collegiate level--you'll get no argument there. The major difference between our fanbases in these similar circumstances is that we didn't descend upon your forum like a plague of locusts to brag about landing him.

#3, Purvis did not average 10 points per game. Again, get your facts straight.

#4, why on earth must we subjected to a running commentary on everything you believe is helping your program stave off the inevitable mediocrity? The rationalization at the boneyard might help you guys feel like you can avoid falling into the chasm of irrelevancy, but the bottom line is that you aren't in our conference, so we're not really interested anymore. And we certainly aren't interested in hearing what amounts to delusional uconn propaganda, spun such that unicorns and rainbows are shooting out of your arses.

#5, the highlighted section of your post above makes me laugh. It only focuses on the past, and is at the center of your collective delusion. The reality is that Syracuse and uconn aren't close--not anymore. We are worlds apart in terms of how each respective program is positioned nationally. We are worlds apart in terms of long-term financial security. And we are worlds apart from the standpoint of revenue generation, as a function of affiliation in each of our conferences. I know that its hard for you to accept that uconn was left out of big-boy major conference expansion, but that's exactly what happened. Time to accept your new reality.

Remember when umass was a perennial top 10 team? I do--and I also remember them being able to hang on for a few years under Bruiser Flint, before ultimately lapsing into mid-major irrelevancy. Get ready--because that's your future.

REALLY???
Not even one that plays in DC and whose coach's dad "kissed us goodbye"?
Yes, really. Georgetown does not have fans - they have people who attend events. Other than the delusional Rutgers fans, I'd have to say most UConn fans are the most annoying.

What icon fans fail to grasp when they wave the 3>1 banner is that from a recruiting and national perception standpoint, those titles are about as relevant as our Helms titles.

Also did I mention? Calhoun paid twenty five thousand dollars to Rudy Gays AAU coach.

What icon fans fail to grasp when they wave the 3>1 banner is that from a recruiting and national perception standpoint, those titles are about as relevant as our Helms titles.

Also did I mention? Calhoun paid twenty five thousand dollars to Rudy Gays AAU coach.

Actually I am pretty sure it was $50k.

McCullough>Hamilton.

Move on.

"Was watching ESPNU the other day and they were saying that UCONN is in contention to land 12 out of the top 14 (over the next couple years) in the country because they all want to play for Ollie. They said he is considered the pinnacle coach amongst AAU and HS coaches because of his experience and how affable he is."

"Was watching ESPNU the other day and they were saying that UCONN is in contention to land 12 out of the top 14 (over the next couple years) in the country because they all want to play for Ollie. They said he is considered the pinnacle coach amongst AAU and HS coaches because of his experience and how affable he is."

Right. You're going to land 12 out of the top 14.

Feel free to check back in with us when that happens.

Until then, with your delusional rationatlization and unsubscribe from this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom