any word on UConn's draw in the | Syracusefan.com

any word on UConn's draw in the

Status
Not open for further replies.
A.A.U. vs Ivy league challenge? It was leaked that it would be Brown but has not been confirmed.

We're playing FL around the same time.

We're also playing Md, Indiana, Washington, Stanford OOC
2 against UofL, Memphis & Cincy

Our RPI might go up from last year.

Either way, we are positioned well for a NC run.

i dislike uconn as much an anyone, sans marsh, but this thread is unnecessary. Although, i have to admit that i believe in karma.

Other than the part about your frontcourt sucking, that is.

Beyond that, how'd you enjoy the play otherwise, Mrs. Lincoln?

MD, Wash and Stanford might lower your RPI.
And, your midget guard lineup only comes to play some of the time.

Do you really believe that?

The slippery slope for you in this...you lose home revenue with BCS home and home's. Syracuse can afford this now...UConn not so sure.

Ummm...BWWAHAHAHAHA...I nominate for funniest post of the month!

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

I know...what he failed to state was the absolute garbage that will be their conference opponents save a few teams like Memphis and Cincy.

Other than the part about your frontcourt sucking, that is.

Beyond that, how'd you enjoy the play otherwise, Mrs. Lincoln?

Do you mean, did it leave a bad taste in my mouth?

Do you really believe that?

Sure.

Last year, there was only one half of BB where I thought we were out-classed - the second half against UofL after Bazz got hurt.

I think DD is going to be a super-elite player this year and Calhoun, Bazz and Boatright will all be better.

We can win it all.

I know...what he failed to state was the absolute garbage that will be their conference opponents save a few teams like Memphis and Cincy.

Hmmm.. the conference as configured next year will have 3 NC's over the past decade. Same as the ACC next year.

Hmmm.. the conference as configured next year will have 3 NC's over the past decade. Same as the ACC next year.
Now that is great spin. First class. As for the Huskies being a elite team next year. I don't see it. Contenter in the way that any team seeded 6 or better is, sure. Top seed type? If the committee rates them high because of their weak league, maybe. I like our team a lot better.

Well one of those is being held against their will. Give it up...the AAC at best will have 2 maybe 3 BB brands after UL bolts. FB at best will be a dumpster fire on par with the WAC from a few years ago. I suspect one of the AAC teams will get to 10 or 11 wins each year and someone better hope to become the east coast Boise.

Sure.

Last year, there was only one half of BB where I thought we were out-classed - the second half against UofL after Bazz got hurt.

I think DD is going to be a super-elite player this year and Calhoun, Bazz and Boatright will all be better.

We can win it all.
While you're not necessarily wrong, there's about 30 teams in the country that think they have 1 player that's about to become elite, and 3 or 4 other players who are either really good or on the cusp of being really good.

I feel like every thread involving UConn turns into the same posts; everyone saying their irrelevant, then you chiming in saying you're positioned for a run and how everyone is improved from last year.

Daniels is a stud. Calhoun is really good (needs to work on his dribble though). Bazz is really good and will win several games by himself. Boatright is meh. Everyone else is meh. That frontcourt might be able to hold it's own in the AAC most games, but unless Nolan or Facey breakout, it's going to have major issues against any team with decent size, either OOC or in the tournament. Facey ideally needs to sit a year and develop I'd think, but he'll be forced into time. Wolf is what he is. Nolan showed flashes last year, but he has a massive amount of work do in the summer if he wants to impact player enxt year. Otherwise you're way too perimeter orientated and if you have a bad shooting game you could lose to anybody.

We can win it all.

I'll refer to someone who knows a little bit about college hoops--Bobby Knight.

Perhaps 10 years ago (still at IU), he was asked what he liked about coaching at the college level. He responded that it was the uncertainty, the surprises--good and bad, for every team--each season. He said you are dealing with a new dynamic every year--kids graduating (now, more likely turning pro or transferring), new freshmen coming in. You never know which guys are going to really work during the off-season and which are going to coast a bit. Or who has room for improvement, and who has plateaued. My point, in a long, round-about way is this--you may hope (or even think) that your 3 guards will be better, and that your forward will become an A-A. But you just don't know.

Do you mean, did it leave a bad taste in my mouth?

#1, having to put up with your unsavory presence all these years is what left a bad taste in our moufs, as your "student" athlete so eloquently put it.

#2, it is both hilarious and sad that your fanbase is so preoccupied with that win--after all, it was your superbowl. I'll willingly concede that loss en route to our final four run for your postseason ban and general mediocrity. Also, the final relevant BET was that much more enjoyable and classy for your absence.

#2, a decline is inevitable for your team, and you are deluded if you honestly believe that you aren't three years removed from being only slightly more relevant than Holy Cross. I get the rationalization--it is a difficult thing to accept that no major conference wants you due to the fact that you bring nothing desirable to the table.

Thankfully for SU, we're not in the same boat. We've moved onto bigger and better things, while you're simultaneously moving toward irrelevancy.

Win-win.

Sure.

We can win it all.

:rolling:

Laugh all you want, but sdhusky is right...Uconn's schedule is tougher this year than it was last year.

Part of it is the fact that we get to play Louisville twice, which obviously is a one-year thing. But it's 100% true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom