Anyone else feel better about coleman over noel now? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else feel better about coleman over noel now?

Noel is raw. I mean like Conrad McRae freshman raw.

Just one game, but he's a not ready for primetime player right now. Pretty adept at getting stuffed by the rim.

Offensively he has next to nothing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I didn't think he was that bad. He was good on defense and has next to no offensive game. I thought everyone knew that was the case with him. He is not as good as Anthony Davis.

He was active. UK is just going to ask him to block shots and play defense. He won't need to score there.

Noel is raw. I mean like Conrad McRae freshman raw.
Perfect comparison, and I'm not just talking about the high-top fade...

He is Etan Thomas Freshmen year raw. At least he didn't foul out in the first half.

After seeing him go 0 fer 3 from the FT line with lousy form, I felt better. He will likely develope into a very good college player, but another SU big man that shoots FTs like AO is not something I would be looking forward to!

I didn't think he was that bad. He was good on defense and has next to no offensive game. I thought everyone knew that was the case with him. He is not as good as Anthony Davis.

Yeah, about what I expected - slightly more raw, but not terribly so. I felt like everyone knew that up to about 3 weeks before he signed his letter of intent and then all of a sudden everyone turned him into Anthony Davis Part II.

I guess time will tell how good he is but I'm feeling a little better about having Coleman. Noel would of been great to in the middle of our zone. I think Noel would of been a better fit with us rather than kentucky honestly. Just his style of play, but it is what it is

IMO, all three of our bigs are better than NN

Which emphasizes that Noel--despite how highly ranked he was--was a "nice to have" for us, not a "need to have."

What a great situation to be in for SU. Think about that for a second.

IMO, all three of our bigs are better than NN
At this moment in time you're probably right. And regardless of how quickly Noel develops and realizes his potential, I still like this team better without him.

It would have been interesting. I think our big men are better. But how easy it would be to recruit against us when #1 player in country and probable #1 pick didn't see the floor.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

It would have been interesting. I think our big men are better. But how easy it would be to recruit against us when #1 player in country and probable #1 pick didn't see the floor.

good point

It would have been like having freshman year Fab Melo again. But, really when a guy is probably anticipating being a one and done player and he is a center with no offensive game, I almost feel like I'd rather not have him. You see all the potential from a guy with an underdeveloped game, but don't get to see it develop because he leaves early.

From what I observed last night, he's no one & doner imo... :noidea:

Sure he is. He would have been drafted out of high school. There just aren't that many 6'10" guys with that kind of athleticism on this planet. NBA understands it can take a couple years.

Sure he is. He would have been drafted out of high school. There just aren't that many 6'10" guys with that kind of athleticism on this planet. NBA understands it can take a couple years.

I beg to differ. There are a dime a dozen athletic 6-9 ish guys. The rarity would be that of 7' or more...I think Noel is actually 6-6 if you don't count his hair. :)

would be a disservice to himself to leave college... in the nba he could bust... if he takes time to develop... he will be better served.

1. Conrad McRae, as I recall, was not getting 9 boards and 3 blocks in his 1st game

2. Noel will play roughly 30 minutes a game for 35 or so games. So while he may look like Fab or Rak in his 1st game (remember their 9 reb, 3 blk debuts?), his on court experience come March will be about 6-10 x greater than the latter.

Hating is fun, but being stupid is just being stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom