Anyone else having trouble getting into PackPride forum? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else having trouble getting into PackPride forum?

Lots of griping about their OC Beck. Not sure what he was supposed to do. Their WRs stink…I mean…stink.

I thought their game plan made sense.

Sitting in the end zone it was obvious their WRs could not get any separation from Duce and Garrett. They don’t use their TE so they resorted to QB draws, screens and middle routes designed to take advantage of our aggressiveness- especially our LBs.

I just don’t think the executed very well. Once we went into more of a soft coverage scheme and Duce /Williams got hurt, their WR’s got free.

They should have had three picks. They dropped that sure one in the Shrader overthrow.

I also expected them to control more of the LOS on both sides of the ball. Our DL held up pretty well against the run and got decent pressure and Tucker had more room than he had against Purdue and UVA.

Their KOs were killer. Giving us a short field made life so much easier and got the crowd fired up.

I also think the crowd noise kept audibles to a minimum. They had to stick with the original play call -,especially with the backup QB.

I do agree with one thing though. We would have been in trouble playing them from behind. Giving us the ball and us getting points first was huuuuuuuuge.

We have been very efficient on game opening drives. Somebody better start noticing that and stop deferring. We’ve been able to score. Get a KO touchback and get our defense out and crowd immediately into the game. Great formula.

Also shout out to our freshman Kicker. His touchbacks are crucial. Keep ‘em coming.
Was telling my son about Denbergs kicks all game. Honestly cannot even remember the last guy we had that was consistently kicking into the endzone. Makes a huge difference. Great callout.

We easily could have had 4 more sacks last night if not for their QB’s impressive elusiveness. Goes to show further how clueless their fans are complaining about throwing downfield
I see this on NY Giants boards all the time. They complain that they never throw downfield, and point to this as evidence that Jones is not “the guy long term” - something they are absolutely obsessed with discussing after every single game all week long. They can’t comprehend the roles that pass protection and WRs getting separation plays in this. I find there’s lots more “football fans” out there that have no idea what they’re watching than any other sport.

I see this on NY Giants boards all the time. They complain that they never throw downfield, and point to this as evidence that Jones is not “the guy long term” - something they are absolutely obsessed with discussing after every single game all week long. They can’t comprehend the roles that pass protection and WRs getting separation plays in this. I find there’s lots more “football fans” out there that have no idea what they’re watching than any other sport.

Part of the problem is most fans watch on tv and cameras can't capture the WR routes, unless they show it on replay. The focus is on the QB and the QB is what the media talk about all season long.

Lots of griping about their OC Beck. Not sure what he was supposed to do. Their WRs stink…I mean…stink.

I thought their game plan made sense.

Sitting in the end zone it was obvious their WRs could not get any separation from Duce and Garrett. They don’t use their TE so they resorted to QB draws, screens and middle routes designed to take advantage of our aggressiveness- especially our LBs.

I just don’t think the executed very well. Once we went into more of a soft coverage scheme and Duce /Williams got hurt, their WR’s got free.

They should have had three picks. They dropped that sure one in the Shrader overthrow.

I also expected them to control more of the LOS on both sides of the ball. Our DL held up pretty well against the run and got decent pressure and Tucker had more room than he had against Purdue and UVA.

Their KOs were killer. Giving us a short field made life so much easier and got the crowd fired up.

I also think the crowd noise kept audibles to a minimum. They had to stick with the original play call -,especially with the backup QB.

I do agree with one thing though. We would have been in trouble playing them from behind. Giving us the ball and us getting points first was huuuuuuuuge.

We have been very efficient on game opening drives. Somebody better start noticing that and stop deferring. We’ve been able to score. Get a KO touchback and get our defense out and crowd immediately into the game. Great formula.

Also shout out to our freshman Kicker. His touchbacks are crucial. Keep ‘em coming.
989C9A3E-529A-476C-B3E4-E35394F3CE65.gif

They didn’t even travel well. Had this game been in Raleigh there would have been several thousand cuse fans there.

Less than 100 pack fans last night if I had to guess.
I would have been there for sure. I was in Durham anyway may as well have watched them play live rather than on my phone like I had to.

Pat O’Neil. That dude was a WEAPON.

My roommate at Syracuse had a lab where Pat ended up as his lab partner. He never looked that big on the field compared to the other players, but the guy was big and tall. Pat came by our apartment and made my roommate and me look like toddlers in comparison.

That was when I realized that even the “small” players at high level football are usually ginormous human beings in comparison to the whole population.

He was also an awesome dude, always rooted for him to do well in the NFL.

It’s funny when people from one mid sized city trash another mid sized city. Like….Raleigh has a NHL team and warmer weather. Syracuse has a high level storied college b-ball program and lots of lakes nearby. Most people that live in both cities like their city….and nobody else in the world really cares about either city.
Probably a relocated Rutgers fan. About the same level of IQ.

My roommate at Syracuse had a lab where Pat ended up as his lab partner. He never looked that big on the field compared to the other players, but the guy was big and tall. Pat came by our apartment and made my roommate and me look like toddlers in comparison.

That was when I realized that even the “small” players at high level football are usually ginormous human beings in comparison to the whole population.

He was also an awesome dude, always rooted for him to do well in the NFL.
I used to play cards with John reagan. I looked like a 10 year old sitting next to him

The one early in the game on Tucker was insane.

He dove right at his head, when he was on the ground.
Yup, looked like he was trying to end his season. Very Rutgers ish.

It’s funny when people from one mid sized city trash another mid sized city. Like….Raleigh has a NHL team and warmer weather. Syracuse has a high level storied college b-ball program and lots of lakes nearby. Most people that live in both cities like their city….and nobody else in the world really cares about either city.
I lived in Raleigh for 6mo. Really enjoyed it.

The one on Gadsden with about 3:30 left in the game was ridiculous too. The 3rd one I forget.
Yep, it took him out of the game for at least a bit.

I always love how the other fans cannot fathom that they can't move the ball on our "undersized" D line. So many comments saying how they have 50 lbs on each guy, why can't we just run them over?!?

Its like they don't think scheme, strength, or talent matter. Lol

I think this needs to be said again, they brought like 83 people to the game. Such a small time program.
This has happened for all their games here. No fans. My friends confirmed this for the game Saturday. Said there was no section with fans wearing red. They couldn't believe it.

NC State is a very regional program. They are just like Wake Forest, except no one likes them and they have bad academics.

I will preface this by saying I loved growing up in Syracuse and most everything about it (weather gets real old in March/April when it keeps snowing and the local job market is not healthy) and absolutely love still visiting family up there.

The Raleigh Metro area (does not include Durham or Orange counties) is at approx 1.5 people where Syracuse is probably around 650k-700k and Raleigh is one of the fastest growing areas in the USA. People flock to the area because of the economy and jobs prospects. Throw in a fairly nice climate (summers are hot), the ocean 2 -2 1/2 hours away to the east and mountains 3 hours the other way it is a very appealing area to live in. Raleigh and Syracuse are not even remotely similar. I'm fairly certain the average household income difference between the 2 cities is alarming as is the average age of its residents.

I think NC State fan(s) are frustrated not because of the officiating in this game but because reality has set in that even their supposed ACC brethren couldn't care less about them.

Besides the coaches they’re putting it all on the refs. Refs got paid. Lol.
If Swofford were still ACC Commissioner, they would be blaming him, because he is a UNC grad.

Wuffies in tandem usually are quite far from being logical and reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom