Anyone just see the VT entrance? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone just see the VT entrance?

As a lifelong NY/NJ resident I am well aware. He threw 3 outs. Someone else threw the previous 24. If he wasn't as great, or his career wasn't as long, would anyone know this "tradition"? I remember every fifth game when Guidry came out to..? Righetti? Goose Gossage? Rollie Fingers? I have no recall of McDowell or Franco's music. Rick Aguilera? What song does Chapman come out with?

Strasburg does 7 Nation Army, Matt Harvey did Sunday Bloody Sunday (made a song about domestic terrorism about his hangovers).

I haven't been to the Cuse for football in a few years, going next Friday. Dunno what they do, but if they need generic dad rock there are about a half dozen U2 songs that work.

Strasburg does 7 Nation Army, Matt Harvey did Sunday Bloody Sunday (made a song about domestic terrorism about his hangovers).

I haven't been to the Cuse for football in a few years, going next Friday. Dunno what they do, but if they need generic dad rock there are about a half dozen U2 songs that work.
U2 doesn't do it for me personally. Sunday Bloody Sunday might be the one potential for me. Not sure anyone is looking for "generic dad rock". Seven Nation Army is a good song for it, but everybody uses it in some capacity. I was just trying to come up with an idea to make both sides happy by having a funky, energetic song with an uplifting message like Higher Ground that we could ask artists of the day to cover. As long as the frame of the song is in tact, the choreography of the entrance could be consistent, but the tune is always fresh and current. Maybe it's a fund raising opportunity. Buy the rights, produce the new version and sell it. That might entice new artists to do it when asked if they get a percentage, or if they are so inclined, donate their percentage to the school of music or something.

So our attendance issues are because the University can't figure out how to reach 18-22 year olds? Here I was thinking it was because 18-22 year olds would rather go drinking on a Saturday than watch a football team that has been irrelevant since 2001.

Yeah. Basketball attendance has more or less been the exact same since the mid 90s. Football attendance is way down. Blaming that on not catering to milennials rather than losing just doesn’t seem accurate.

Let me propose the following solution. It’s hip hop AND old school. It was part of the soundtrack of every Nottingham beatdown of CBA, JD, Corcoran, etc from 1988-1993.

I give you Ice T’s Colors:

(Too bad a brilliant song glorifying gang life and gun play would never make it by the SU admin)

This thread represents part of the problem. There have been countless suggestions, spanning multiple genres, multiple decades, and I personally would thumbs down every one of them. And nearly anything I would suggest, might get the same reaction from all of you. You will never please all.

Hate to say it again, but...

Let the band play.

Same as the attendance threads.

Want to build an atsmophere? Win.
Want to get more ppl in the seats? Win.
Want to have cool entrances where people go nuts? Win.

VaTech wasn't rolling out Enter Sandman when they sucked. It became a thing because a great song got mixed with lots of people who believe they can win any game they play. (I'd also bet when they have a down season and are playing a game vs a team that the fans have zero confidence that they can win, the entrance becomes stale and lame to those there.)

It's all about wins.

This thread represents part of the problem. There have been countless suggestions, spanning multiple genres, multiple decades, and I personally would thumbs down every one of them. And nearly anything I would suggest, might get the same reaction from all of you. You will never please all.

Hate to say it again, but...

Let the band play.

Doesn't VT just do Enter Sandman for the walk from their locker room to the stadium, and then once the team comes out it switches to the band playing the fight song?

We're never going to have a VT or Clemson entrance. So we need to worry about something else.

I swear though, if I hear one more time how we take the field in the middle of a highlight video... Let the video play. Then it ends with something that pops into the team running on the field and the band playing the fight song. It's not that hard.

There are so many great ideas on here, can someone email them to the AD so we are NOT such a lame football school? I really think someone hit it on the head when they said getting someone under 40 to run this type of process. All I can picture is some 60 year old dude flipping through his vinyl looking for some Grateful Dead for the entrance tunes.

So our attendance issues are because the University can't figure out how to reach 18-22 year olds? Here I was thinking it was because 18-22 year olds would rather go drinking on a Saturday than watch a football team that has been irrelevant since 2001.
The Millennial generation is people born from the early 80's to the late 90's.

Not just 18-22 year olds.

There are so many great ideas on here, can someone email them to the AD so we are NOT such a lame football school? I really think someone hit it on the head when they said getting someone under 40 to run this type of process. All I can picture is some 60 year old dude flipping through his vinyl looking for some Grateful Dead for the entrance tunes.

It's all very simple ... get someone to work with the football staff's video department and brainstorm ideas and songs because then you'd have a voice of the fans (older) and players and younger fans.

In my opinion getting rid of the DJ was an issue. You still need pipe music... but our sound system is atrocious. No DJ could last

It's all very simple ... get someone to work with the football staff's video department and brainstorm ideas and songs because then you'd have a voice of the fans (older) and players and younger fans.

In my opinion getting rid of the DJ was an issue. You still need pipe music... but our sound system is atrocious. No DJ could last

An updated Dome would help alleviate so much...

Same as the attendance threads.

Want to build an atsmophere? Win.
Want to get more ppl in the seats? Win.
Want to have cool entrances where people go nuts? Win.

VaTech wasn't rolling out Enter Sandman when they sucked. It became a thing because a great song got mixed with lots of people who believe they can win any game they play. (I'd also bet when they have a down season and are playing a game vs a team that the fans have zero confidence that they can win, the entrance becomes stale and lame to those there.)

It's all about wins.

I also doubt the entrance is as awesome when VaTech plays a nooner against a FCS school. Night game + huge opponent + packed house + everyone liquored up from a day of drinking + great tradition + ESPN being really good at filming entrances = goosebumps for everyone at home. Just adding a great song isn't gonna do it.

I also doubt the entrance is as awesome when VaTech plays a nooner against a FCS school. Night game + huge opponent + packed house + everyone liquored up from a day of drinking + great tradition + ESPN being really good at filming entrances = goosebumps for everyone at home. Just adding a great song isn't gonna do it.
Well I guess the big test is the Clemson game. Lets see how the entrance is for that Friday night game. Hoping for a big crowd but not sure with a lot of the HS games being Friday Night. Parents are pretty much obligated to attend the HS game.

Well I guess the big test is the Clemson game. Lets see how the entrance is for that Friday night game. Hoping for a big crowd but not sure with a lot of the HS games being Friday Night. Parents are pretty much obligated to attend the HS game.

It's parents weekend. Hotels are all booked up

Official Carrier Dome capacity:
49,249 + 1 who liked the DJ.

Official Carrier Dome capacity:
49,249 + 1 who liked the DJ.

I think a DJ could work with top notch acoustics and a pulse for the fan base. The DJ here was terrible. It wasn’t the idea it was the execution lol. Do love me some band though

I think a DJ could work with top notch acoustics and a pulse for the fan base. The DJ here was terrible. It wasn’t the idea it was the execution lol. Do love me some band though

The idea they had for alternating between the DJ and Band during a song was a cool one, but again the acoustics ruined it.

Just for the heck of it, I just saw a new Nike Basketball ad featuring LeBron and a young kid dreaming about growing up to play for Duke and eventually Cleveland with LeBron. Very much an ad for the youth of today. The music? Public Enemy Shut 'em Down. Apart from the sentiment as it pertains to this thread, there is a huge irony (and a sell out?) in that the song being used to promote Nike, is a song that openly criticises Nike.

Just for the heck of it, I just saw a new Nike Basketball ad featuring LeBron and a young kid dreaming about growing up to play for Duke and eventually Cleveland with LeBron. Very much an ad for the youth of today. The music? Public Enemy Shut 'em Down. Apart from the sentiment as it pertains to this thread, there is a huge irony (and a sell out?) in that the song being used to promote Nike, is a song that openly criticises Nike.

Yup. Found that odd too that Nike would use that song. I’d be curious to hear the story of how that came about.

There was a Lebron commercial that used Welcome to the Terrordome within the last few years too. Cuse entrance music...someone make it happen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom