Anyone just see the VT entrance? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone just see the VT entrance?

Something like this but replace Pennywise with Pyscho/Angry Otto for the intro video

Just what the team needs to get ready for the game... rock anthems from before they were born. :rolleyes:

It’s not just about the team though. The opening run out is as much or more about getting the crowd jacked up than anything.

You have the iconic Metallica anthem blasting and I see those VTech kids in the hallway (black and white) with heads bobbing up and down.

Just what the team needs to get ready for the game... rock anthems from before they were born. :rolleyes:
Hasn't stopped VT from doing it in the example here, or Wisconsin using "Jump Around" from the same era between 3rd and 4th quarters. If it is truly a tradition thing, it will eventually be a song that is from before they were born. I was not alive when the alma mater or down the field were written. This is why I suggested that it be as timeless and classic as can be. That is why I don't like some of the other suggestions as much like "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" or "Down with the Sickness". They are already tired songs, but if they played "The Song Remains the Same" it is classic and timeless and has a nice theme of tradition. Rush has options and links us to the Canadian contingent. Soundgarden Rusty Cage could be pretty awesome.

In the end, it's not about the era of the music, its about the emotion and energy it evokes.

It's about creating a scene, not attending a good rock show. The scene isn't the players. The scene is the whole facility. 40,000 plus people, and the team is the scene.
By the way, Cochise, was written in 2002. Young people know it well.

I think the bells in the beginning of "hells bells" by AC/DC would be great if played before each Syracuse kickoff

Hasn't stopped VT from doing it in the example here, or Wisconsin using "Jump Around" from the same era between 3rd and 4th quarters. If it is truly a tradition thing, it will eventually be a song that is from before they were born. I was not alive when the alma mater or down the field were written. This is why I suggested that it be as timeless and classic as can be. That is why I don't like some of the other suggestions as much like "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" or "Down with the Sickness". They are already tired songs, but if they played "The Song Remains the Same" it is classic and timeless and has a nice theme of tradition. Rush has options and links us to the Canadian contingent. Soundgarden Rusty Cage could be pretty awesome.

In the end, it's not about the era of the music, its about the emotion and energy it evokes.
Why can't you start a new tradition with a song that hasn't been used before?

Players like hip hop. No one wants to listen to "The Song Remains The Same" or Rush to get fired up for a game. I say that as a fan of classic rock.

Players like hip hop. No one wants to listen to "The Song Remains The Same" or Rush to get fired up for a game. I say that as a fan of classic rock.
I got this...

But 90% of the fans don't. Again, it isn't about catering to the players, but more creating a scene. The scene being 99% fans. The VT players, didn't seem to disappointed with the song.

But 90% of the fans don't. Again, it isn't about catering to the players, but more creating a scene. The scene being 99% fans. The VT players, didn't seem to disappointed with the song.
A half empty dome while "the song remains the same" plays over the speakers doesn't really create a scene...

Until the building is sold out, cater to the players.

A half empty dome while "the song remains the same" plays over the speakers doesn't really create a scene...

Until the building is sold out, cater to the players.
I never suggested that song. I'm partial to "Cochise"
Even if the dome isn't sold out, you cater to the 32,000...not the 85.

The intro followed by a loop of the initial riff prior to the lyrics???

I like the “Bodies” idea too. But you all realize this entire conversation is moot, right?

I never suggested that song. I'm partial to "Cochise"
Even if the dome isn't sold out, you cater to the 32,000...not the 85.

Dammit. I've spent an inordinate amount of time the past two days trying to figure out if it would be more awesome to come out to Cochise or rusty cage

Metallica was thumping, and the crowd was going bonkers. The whole place jumping up and down. That was awesome. Gooosebumps. GD Id love to see that atmosphere in the Dome again one day.

We have options. We just choose not to use them. Its never been worse. We dont know if the team will stroll onto the field at the 3 or 4 min mark. Hell, sometimes, the opposing team enters at the same time. There hasn't been continuity or arrangement to our entrance and its ridiculous. Alot of awesome tunes out there for build up and juice. Our entrance is as pedestrian as it gets.

It's not about when they are from, it's about the feeling and emotion they invoke...

Dammit. I've spent an inordinate amount of time the past two days trying to figure out if it would be more awesome to come out to Cochise or rusty cage
Definitely Cochise. Rusty cage has a cool open, but Cochise offers that slow steady build up.

They invoke no feeling in the players. Songs like this do.

Well, then the players are going alienate a good portion of the crowd that roots for them. And when the crowd goes, guess what...not much reason to have players.

Remember all the kvetching with regard to the uniforms when the players were granted input on them....how's that working out?

Not to make us all feel worse about stuff like this, but being in a DOME we have such a huge advantage in creating an entrance and atmosphere like this over almost every other school. Because being indoors we control the lighting!! Imagine this... the lights go dark, on goes the pre-entrance video, throw a couple orange lasers flash through the Dome have it draw the giant BLOCK S or the number 44 on the field or something, have some Orange smoke pops up by where the players are about to walk out by the student section...then queue the kick-ass music and you have your "HOLY S#IT" moment and the Dome rockin before the game. It's really not that hard.

But we have "I LOVE NY" followed by the bell.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the reason they don't turn the lights off is due to the time it would take for them to come back on. That could delay the game. My guess is that lighting would be part of the Dome renovations (considering we have an amazing lighting company right in our backyard).

Edit: Since everybody is throwing their suggestions in, here is mine.

Create a hype video for this. Start it up right at the top, lots of slow motion video of players getting ready, warming up, anything dramatic. Once the beat really drops in the chorus (where it says "Higher, so higher"), start the damn smoke and let the kids run out of the tunnel with the music underneath. It's a somewhat newer song, not a lot of teams use it, and it has a great buildup to get excited right before the players come out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom