Anyone want to venture a guess | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone want to venture a guess

He wasn't close to ND's best player. Hopefully it was just injury related.
Agree to disagree.

He was according to the people who voted for the ACC post season teams.

He was the only ND player named.

Quite sure he was also the most highly recruited and most athletic player on the team as well.

Agree to disagree.

He was according to the people who voted for the ACC post season teams.

He was the only ND player named.

Quite sure he was also the most highly recruited and most athletic player on the team as well.

All-Freshman team, by definition, is a much smaller pool of potential candidates than any other All-ACC team honor.

OK, so JJ was all Frosh.
Awesome!

We still have no clue that
A - he’d want to leave ND
B - if he did, that he’d want to play @ Cuse
C - if he’d be a fit with whatever other players we’d have on the roster then.

IF we get another year out of Judah, then with an assumed JJ we’d have 2 guys who are great at driving, but not shooters and not ‘real’ PG’s.

That’s… not ideal.

There are going to be dozens of quality guards entering the Portal -
Many with more well developed overall games than JJ, and also more experience.

We shouldn’t fixate on the local product just because we recruited him prior.

Best Player Available.
Period.

I wonder if Mika Adams-Woods would be interested in a 5th year transfer. Although if he has a starting spot secured at Cincy next year if he returns, I supposed I don't see the motivation to leave.

Speaking of transferring, Kamari Lands is transferring from Louisville.
I forgot about him and didn't watch Louisville this year. From what I've heard they are much worse off than us. Can Kamari rebound and defend?

Judah needs to play more like Applebe and set up perimeter shooters. He’s improved a lot, but has a long way to go to be a pro.
And on this years team, who would that have been?

NIL has changed college basketball so much, mostly, IMO, for the worse. But there is one extremely positive possibility that I really like no matter how small the chances are.

Players who came from poverty (and BTW this isn’t just any specific player) and they had a chance of making money by playing professionally after 1 year of school, I know I would have jumped at the chance to leave and go pro. I know, I came from poverty.

Now with NIL a player could choose to still make $$ AND improve their draft position by staying in school (which is an added bonus since that player would now only be two years from a BA from SU which may get a kid to really focus on school just in case of an injury or something).

I get the chances are still small for this to happen, but it definitely improves the odds IMO.

Red, can’t wait to see your team on the court next year. Congratulations Sir!

I wonder if Mika Adams-Woods would be interested in a 5th year transfer. Although if he has a starting spot secured at Cincy next year if he returns, I supposed I don't see the motivation to leave.
Didn’t the assistants want him when Kooks left but then JB wanted Sy? I know Sy, MAW, and JJ Starling are all good friends.

JJ would be an incredible add, as some have already said a backcourt of Judah and JJ would be one of the best backcourts in the country. I’m a regular at the B’ville YMCA, and JJ is there a lot in the summers, I’ve seen him workout/play pickup and you can just tell right away how great of an athlete he really is. Uber athletic with an effortless bounce on top of a silky smooth jumper. Would love to add him if he’s open to coming home.

Didn’t the assistants want him when Kooks left but then JB wanted Sy? I know Sy, MAW, and JJ Starling are all good friends.

That sounds familiar. All that being said, he’d likely be a depth guy here (assuming we don’t have a total exodus), so if his starting opportunity is still available at Cincy, I doubt he leaves.

Agreed! Don't limit ourselves.

200.gif

Now that’s a wide net

I think this staff will sign another high school player or 2 for this class. Then get 3 or players in the portal. I think we get one stud in the portal and then a few good role players. And that’s exactly what we will likely need. Not every player we get in the portal needs to be a stud. At this point we need solid depth pieces and the roster management has been pretty poor the last like 6 years. We need to even out the classes. We need more upperclassmen on this team

I think this staff will sign another high school player or 2 for this class. Then get 3 or players in the portal. I think we get one stud in the portal and then a few good role players. And that’s exactly what we will likely need. Not every player we get in the portal needs to be a stud. At this point we need solid depth pieces and the roster management has been pretty poor the last like 6 years. We need to even out the classes. We need more upperclassmen on this team

There’s only like 6 or 7 unsigned kids in 247’s top 100 for 2023. One of them is Bronny James, who isn’t going to college. None of the others have any interest from cuse and aren’t really in areas we traditionally recruit either.

There’s only like 6 or 7 unsigned kids in 247’s top 100 for 2023. One of them is Bronny James, who isn’t going to college. None of the others have any interest from cuse and aren’t really in areas we traditionally recruit either.
Bronny isn’t going to college? Why do you think that?

Kenny Anderson or Sam Perkins. Time to right some wrongs!

Roddy Gayle looked really good in the B10 tourney. His shooting and playmaking would be real nice alongside Mintz. Just wishful thinking ...
There was a rumor the OSU coach might be in line for another gig. Who knows.

All-Freshman team, by definition, is a much smaller pool of potential candidates than any other All-ACC team honor.

OK, so JJ was all Frosh.
Awesome!

We still have no clue that
A - he’d want to leave ND
B - if he did, that he’d want to play @ Cuse
C - if he’d be a fit with whatever other players we’d have on the roster then.

IF we get another year out of Judah, then with an assumed JJ we’d have 2 guys who are great at driving, but not shooters and not ‘real’ PG’s.

That’s… not ideal.

There are going to be dozens of quality guards entering the Portal -
Many with more well developed overall games than JJ, and also more experience.

We shouldn’t fixate on the local product just because we recruited him prior.

Best Player Available.
Period.
Note that I never said we should offer JJ. I agree, we need to find the best players available that fit our needs and get them.

I just wanted people to know there are reasons he is better than what his stats showed this season. Probably considerably better.

I believe Trey played with JJ on City Rocks for years and Red has seen JJ play many many times. He knows what Starling can do a lot more than you or me. As well as the dozens of other players we are hopefully considering for a possible open starting position at starting guard.

It will be interesting to see what happens here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom