Anyone want to venture a guess | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone want to venture a guess

We still have no clue that
A - he’d want to leave ND
B - if he did, that he’d want to play @ Cuse
C - if he’d be a fit with whatever other players we’d have on the roster then.
He committed to Brey,
JJ Starling says bond with Notre Dame coach Mike Brey sealed deal: ‘Something just clicked’
I don't think it is crazy to think he portals. IMO, most people are saying JJ just because he's a former recruit, a local kid, and his coach was fired retired. I don't think there's a vocal contingent saying we gotta have him because he's going to lead SU to the promised land. Local familiar options are more likely than randos from South Texas Tech or East Missouri State U.

ETA: Talk about timing lol, exactly one minute after I posted, he hit the portal.

I like the following if they enter the portal:
JJ, TJ Bamba and his teammate Mouhamed Gueye and Mr Quincy Guerrier as a grad transfer.
If TJ Bamba hits the portal he better our top choice. Bring him and starling in let’s build some talent.

Open up the JJ thread! Red will have so many options in the portal to pursue. I'll gladly take a duo of JJ and Judah.
I absolutely would too. The only issue with that backcourt is that we wouldn’t really have a consistent 3 point shooter.

I absolutely would too. The only issue with that backcourt is that we wouldn’t really have a consistent 3 point shooter.
I think judah has the ability to get better...JJ is no slouch and keeping bell/benny is a positive. Benny showed promise to end the year and we all know Bell can shoot but needs work in other areas. The portal will have some really talented players that will fit what we're missing and I hope our new head coach takes full advantage of it! Bring in the talent and sort it all out.

He'll never be a pure 3 point shooter (IMO), but over the last 12 games of the season, Judah was 14 of 30 (47%) from 3. That obviously won't hold up over an entire season with increased volume, but it's a promising sign for his shooting ability nonetheless.

So with Judah and JJ our backcourt is athletic and fast. Potential strong on defense and steals likely go up. Can they get to 38 % from 3? So does Taylor get time at the 3 to be our three point threat who can also do other things? Bell at 3 can shoot and so far nothing else. Do you bring in a transfer at the 3 also who is a plus shooter and can add more stats?

So with Judah and JJ our backcourt is athletic and fast. Potential strong on defense and steals likely go up. Can they get to 38 % from 3? So does Taylor get time at the 3 to be our three point threat who can also do other things? Bell at 3 can shoot and so far nothing else. Do you bring in a transfer at the 3 also who is a plus shooter and can add more stats?
Justin Taylor at 3 was a mess all year. He needs to be a 2 guard. Maybe Judah leaves and it’s JJ and Justin up top

If we are going to play with tempo the guard rotation can be Judah/JJ/Quadir/JT with everyone playing 10+ min. I think Taylor is much more of a 2 than a 3 but Quadir can definitely play on the wing.

If a stud wants to come here with JJ, I am all for it, but I would ride with those four if JJ commits. Those guards will take a jump sophomore year.

Get Jesse back and add a wing who can rebound and defend to go with Bell/Benny/Brown and this team might be really good.

Justin Taylor at 3 was a mess all year. He needs to be a 2 guard. Maybe Judah leaves and it’s JJ and Justin up top
Ahhh... don't say that! You're killin my good vibes after visualizing a backcourt featuring Judah and JJ.

Wouldn't you think Cope is at high risk of leaving if we bring in JJ or another guard who will likely start? I hope not as I really like the young man and the energy he brings.

If we are going to play with tempo the guard rotation can be Judah/JJ/Quadir/JT with everyone playing 10+ min. I think Taylor is much more of a 2 than a 3 but Quadir can definitely play on the wing.

If a stud wants to come here with JJ, I am all for it, but I would ride with those four if JJ commits. Those guards will take a jump sophomore year.

Get Jesse back and add a wing who can rebound and defend to go with Bell/Benny/Brown and this team might be really good.
Mouhamed Gueye from Washington St would be my top pick for PF/C. 1st team PAC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom