Anything less than a top 25 season next year should be unacceptable | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anything less than a top 25 season next year should be unacceptable

I didn't want to say it, but yeah there are holes in his game.
There are some holes in Jimmy's game, for sure. I don't argue that.

When I said, "what can't Jimmy do" I really meant "what's wrong with Jimmy?" I should have said it like that. Jimmy has shown that he can play at this level (at least offensively), and has been a solid contributor to this team (which was kind of surprising to me coming from Cornell)

It won’t happen. Some of those guys will transfer.
You mean if JB leaves? Yeah maybe. But do you really think they've signed on with the expectation (theirs, their parents') JB will be here 4 more years? Highly doubtful I'd think. I think it's likely a coaching transition, perhaps in vague terms, was expressed to them, just that JB would be the coach their first year.

When I said, "what can't Jimmy do" I really meant "what's wrong with Jimmy?" I should have said it like that. Jimmy has shown that he can play at this level (at least offensively), and has been a solid contributor to this team (which was kind of surprising to me coming from Cornell)
I get it...but a solid contributor to a .500 team. Like he’s a major reason we aren’t good. Is it fair to him? No. He should not have been put in this position.

You mean if JB leaves? Yeah maybe. But do you really think they've signed on with the expectation (theirs, their parents') JB will be here 4 more years? Highly doubtful I'd think. I think it's likely a coaching transition, perhaps in vague terms, was expressed to them, just that JB would be the coach their first year.
They are going to leave either way. We are always a year away.

He won’t do it is fine.
The recruiting from Mike Hopkins leaving till this year’s class is my case.
the recruiting at the end of Hops tenure here wasn't anything really special, either.

Syracuse will allow Boehiem to coach as long as he wants and the road to re-establishing the Syracuse brand will be long.

Know what's wild about Wyoming?

You drive I-80, it's just completely brown.

And the colors they chose for their university are... brown and yellow.

It's like, they had an opportunity to invite a spec of color into their lives and the people of Wyoming were like, nah, we good.
Much of Wyoming is like being on the moon.

I didn't say "fire."

But make uncomfortable / push out / make it less desirable to remain / induce him to step down -- that's what's probably going to transpire.
Just how do you "push him out" etc? Cut his salary? Make him change his office? Down grade his travel? Take away his video feed from practice? I just can not envision how you induce a 78 year old man to retire?

Just how do you "push him out" etc? Cut his salary? Make him change his office? Down grade his travel? Take away his video feed from practice? I just can not envision how you induce a 78 year old man to retire?

office space stapler GIF

Jimmy B? What can't he do?
I don't know where to start with this ...and I'm one who thinks he's outperformed (albeit low) expectations and can be effective in short spurts as a reserve.

Retire this year or get fired after next year if you don't finish the regular season in the top-25 with single-digit NCAA seed.

After Hop left, supposedly JAB signed a 5-year extension. If accurate, that would end this March.
JAB quote:

"I'm not Derek Jeter. There will be no farewell tour."​

Does anyone know when his contract is up? Not extending a contract of someone who'll be 78 next season seems somewhat different than a firing.
Edit: just saw post above saying this is the last year of his contract.

Syracuse will allow Boehiem to coach as long as he wants and the road to re-establishing the Syracuse brand will be long.
In b-ball, you’re always just one recruiting class away from drastically upgrading your team though.

Seems extremely unlikely we’ll be as consistent as we were for like 40 years though. But it’s not necessarily like football where it’s going to take a few years to build a good team.

In b-ball, you’re always just one recruiting class away from drastically upgrading your team though.

Seems extremely unlikely we’ll be as consistent as we were for like 40 years though. But it’s not necessarily like football where it’s going to take a few years to build a good team.
yeah agreed. one or two key recruits/transfers and its back to top 25 status again imo

Really? Happens all the time in sports. In fact, we just saw it transpire at UVa in a way that benefitted our staff.

Wildhack could require JB to make changes to the staff. JB might not want to do that, and decide that he'd rather step away than have to let ACs go or deal with replacing them.

Just for example.

The fact is that every team no matter how good or mediocre has contributors. So the fact that Jimmy is one isn’t really a ringing endorsement.

He’s a good kid. He can shoot the ball well. He is not a Syracuse Orange-caliber starting forward….let alone one that should be playing 34.8 minutes per game.

Seems extremely unlikely we’ll be as consistent as we were for like 40 years though. But it’s not necessarily like football where it’s going to take a few years to build

Really? Happens all the time in sports. In fact, we just saw it transpire at UVa in a way that benefitted our staff.

Wildhack could require JB to make changes to the staff. JB might not want to do that, and decide that he'd rather step away than have to let ACs go or deal with replacing them.

Just for example.
Just what did UVa do? If JB won't fire his staff then forces the AD to do it, then what. It all comes down to if JB fails to comply to any inducement the AD has to fire him. And if the AD won't do it now what makes you think he would do it then. To me it is the fact that JB is doing more to force the AD to do something not the other way around. It's not like he has to worry about how it will looks on his resume, or how it would tarnish his legacy.

Just what did UVa do? If JB won't fire his staff then forces the AD to do it, then what. It all comes down to if JB fails to comply to any inducement the AD has to fire him. And if the AD won't do it now what makes you think he would do it then. To me it is the fact that JB is doing more to force the AD to do something not the other way around. It's not like he has to worry about how it will looks on his resume, or how it would tarnish his legacy.

UVa demanded that Mendhenhall make changes to his staff, he declined and stepped away rather than do it.

That's how ADs [or GMs at the professional level] make things uncomfortable for coaches that they are trying to gently coax out the door.

And you are right -- JB continuing to do the same things while the results suffer might prompt the AD to take a more direct approach.

buddys freshman season -he had a double standard for playing time -he was playing horrible (he coudlnt throw a brick in the ocean) but kept getting a ton of minutes...which was a huge red flag for me...

the 4 seasons of buddy ball have played out basically what i thought was the worst case scenario when I observed JBs double standard for his son...that he seems to also have applied to jg3 and jb3 etc

that sweet 16 just enabled him to hold on to his blind spots or whatever they are...

buddys 4 years are the worst 4 year stretch of win-loss in JB career!

there need to be consequences for that in my opinion

what they are? idk

i thought it at the time and i think it now - jB hijacked the progam to coach his son(s)

I was kinda okay with it

but ENOUGH now

starting next season - the bar needs to be raised...no more "tenure"

Jb had "tenure"

but he traded that for family ball imo

Here are the consequences guys...Jimmy IV and Jackson II will be required to sit for :30 each half for the 2042-43 season for their Papa's farewell tour!

In all seriousness nothing about the roster smells anything remotely close to a top 25 team next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom