Are we good? | Syracusefan.com

Are we good?

Mchandl8

Scout Team
we've beaten Liberty and Western Mich (in a closer game than the score). We should (Better) beat Holy cross easily ... I dont think we know much about the team yet, except that we can absolutely blow a game (Maryland), and the Oline is a work in progress

I would have to say right now Syracuse is well......Mchandl8 said it well. Who knows. All I know is they better get it figured out quick because I'm also watching Duke beat the snot out of VT at Blacksburg. I am going to finally say what I have been thinking to myself for a while. It's time for this staff to start playing some new guys so that you see an uptick in production. In my humble opinion, no receiver should be starting that has 10 catches for 13 yards with one of his 10 being for five yards. Try some new guys and get it going. Otherwise your season is going to sink!

We’re a work in progress. If we beat NC State and Pitt, all will feel right for a bit.

This season will continue to be a rollercoaster ride so buckle up.

We’re a work in progress. If we beat NC State and Pitt, all will feel right for a bit.

This season will continue to be a rollercoaster ride so buckle up.
And the crowds will continue to be light, or at least smaller than should be as a result, all leading to Dino's frustrations and exit one day being the coup de grat of my fandom...

I have absolutely no idea why I decided to put that here and burden you with that...

I would have to say right now Syracuse is well...Mchandl8 said it well. Who knows. All I know is they better get it figured out quick because I'm also watching Duke beat the snot out of VT at Blacksburg. I am going to finally say what I have been thinking to myself for a while. It's time for this staff to start playing some new guys so that you see an uptick in production. In my humble opinion, no receiver should be starting that has 10 catches for 13 yards with one of his 10 being for five yards. Try some new guys and get it going. Otherwise your season is going to sink!
Agreed stritz and coley come to mind
And the crowds will continue to be light, or at least smaller than should be as a result, all leading to Dino's frustrations and exit one day being the coup de grat of my fandom...

I have absolutely no idea why I decided to put that here and burden you with that...
we beat nc state and you’ll have a decent crowd at Pitt , we have a good fan base Clemson was proof my ears are still recovering from that first 5 mins . People wanna believe but it’s been 20 years man we’re like a wounded dog or a guy constantly cheated on lol we need faith

We're 4 games in, or one-third the way through the schedule. We've played the top team in the country (Clemson) and the dregs (Liberty). I would think we know a lot about this team. Our defense is not very good, our running game performance is practically the same as last year, and our passing game is starting to find it's legs. We were told, and thought, that he defense would carry this team, but that is not close to true. Our new QB has gotten more comfortable and starting to command the play on offense. Oline can't seem to solidify itself due to injuries, and we are suffering more than we thought from Slayton leaving. LBers are up and down, while the CB/S are either too tight on coverage (penalties) or too far off (Maryland no-show). Oh, and we're 2-2 with an easy path to a great bowl game. So, what don't we know?

We probably won’t know anything until after the NC State game. Which is weird that it would take 6 games to evaluate the team.

We probably won’t know anything until after the NC State game. Which is weird that it would take 6 games to evaluate the team.

Eh, I’d argue we know we arent very good right now. I feel like there has been improvement and there’s always the chance we end up being pretty good but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we aren’t particularly good at the moment.

Syracuse University Football has a very tough road ahead in 2019. Every single team left on their schedule after today is a potential loss. The NC State game on 10Oct19 will tell a lot about how this season of high expectations will finish out. Ward and Lynch must step up and put these players in a position to be successful. It seems that sometimes they game plan to the opposing teams strengths instead of weaknesses. Struggling making in game adjustments especially on defense. Continuing to play personnel who continue to make the same mistakes three years running. I will always support this program, I bleed Orange, but sometimes I watch in amazement in the fact that everyone in the stands knows what is going to happen next except for Ward or Lynch. Today should be a day to see what some other players who have not gotten time to get on the field and show what they have got. Last year Butler lost his starting job to Harris after the Wagner game. Let's see today somebody new who can get on the field and stay and help contribute the rest of the way. It's time to shake it up a little and get rid of the comfort zone for some of those who are just not producing. Go Orange!!!!!

Syracuse University Football has a very tough road ahead in 2019. Every single team left on their schedule after today is a potential loss. The NC State game on 10Oct19 will tell a lot about how this season of high expectations will finish out. Ward and Lynch must step up and put these players in a position to be successful. It seems that sometimes they game plan to the opposing teams strengths instead of weaknesses. Struggling making in game adjustments especially on defense. Continuing to play personnel who continue to make the same mistakes three years running. I will always support this program, I bleed Orange, but sometimes I watch in amazement in the fact that everyone in the stands knows what is going to happen next except for Ward or Lynch. Today should be a day to see what some other players who have not gotten time to get on the field and show what they have got. Last year Butler lost his starting job to Harris after the Wagner game. Let's see today somebody new who can get on the field and stay and help contribute the rest of the way. It's time to shake it up a little and get rid of the comfort zone for some of those who are just not producing. Go Orange!!!!!

Playing the back ups will solve the problem? So dramatic as well with your mention of the two coordinators as if neither have had any success here. They also work for Dino.

tenor.gif

I think we either start playing better, wins come with it, and crowds are good enough for ACC games. Or we don't improve, losses come with it, crowds are light, and Dino is trapped here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom