Armando Bacot and Leaky Black returning to UNC | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Armando Bacot and Leaky Black returning to UNC

Harris was in camp with Utah, and was said to be ahead of Wes Matthews for a roster spot, until he injured an ankle/foot.

If you're insinuating that Devo and Harris were asked to leave, then that wouldn't appear to jibe with the "JB does what's best for the kids" mantra that's being advanced in the Swider thread.

Those two were not going to be allowed to be on the team after 2009. Independent of any NBA potential for either or lack thereof.

Whatever they did after not being allowed to return is its own thing.

I would argue their departures were what was best for the school and the program.

Last edited:
I would argue their departures were what was best for the school and the program.
and that’s fine. But to say that decisions regarding roster turnover/advice to players are made with the best interests of the players in mind…let’s just say that I disagree with that.

and that’s fine. But to say that decisions regarding roster turnover/advice to players are made with the best interests of the players in mind…let’s just say that I disagree with that.

I just want to be clear, sometimes the best thing for players is tough love and real consequences. In the case of these two, I would argue that it was in the best interest for them both.

As a blanket statement as it pertains to all the players we have ever had, I would never speak in absolutes. Life just doesn't work that way.

I just want to be clear, sometimes the best thing for players is tough love and real consequences. In the case of these two, I would argue that it was in the best interest for them both.

As a blanket statement as it pertains to all the players we have ever had, I would never speak in absolutes. Life just doesn't work that way.

1650385530975.jpeg

The “I would never speak in absolutes” gave me a chuckle.

Maybe Devo and Harris being pushed out was ultimately for their best, but we’ll never know what JB’s reasoning/objective was. Are Harris and Devo shown the door if JB didn’t know what he had in Wes Johnson, who was to be eligible the following season?

Can't even get the coaches kid to play out his eligibility while UNC is now Nova and everyone hangs around to get a masters.

Maybe Devo and Harris being pushed out was ultimately for their best, but we’ll never know what JB’s reasoning/objective was. Are Harris and Devo shown the door if JB didn’t know what he had in Wes Johnson, who was to be eligible the following season?

We could have found minutes for everyone. But Johnson was dominant in practice I think that made JB OK with losing 2 very good players. Flynn left early with those two.

Brandon, Scoop, Kris, Andy needed minutes at guard and Jackson and Arinze had developed as bigs.

The big thing about that offseason was that Jim Boeheim 100% rededicated himself to the zone and turned it back into a weapon as he had long athletic players that were great fits. I think Flynn, Devo, and Harris leaving was a big part of him turning us into a D first team and great D is why the 2010 team was so good.

This is now my personal opinion, no Wes, those guys are still gone. And, imho, there would be a consensus for it.

I wonder if Bennett is thrilled with this? NOt that he is a bad kid, etc...just that he isn't a really good player and I would think they are ready to hand the keys off to someone else.

Wait Paul Harris was going to take an NBA roster spot from who?
I'm a huge Jazz fan and no one was saying that Paul Harris's injury opened the door for Wes Matthews.

I wonder if Bennett is thrilled with this? NOt that he is a bad kid, etc...just that he isn't a really good player and I would think they are ready to hand the keys off to someone else.
5th year senior, starting PG, honorable mention All ACC for 21-22, lead the team in 3s made and 3 shooting %, played on the NC team. I'm guessing Bennett will somehow be able to get over his disappointment with Clark coming back.

5th year senior, starting PG, honorable mention All ACC for 21-22, lead the team in 3s made and 3 shooting %, played on the NC team. I'm guessing Bennett will somehow be able to get over his disappointment with Clark coming back.
maybe but with him as their lead guard they have gone 1st round tourney loser and NIT. I think he will not be disappointed when he can get a better PG in his rotation after Clark uses up his eligibility.

Clark is an outstanding, national championship winning point guard. It is preposterous to think Bennett would not want to a have an experienced 5th year point guard back. If he told Bennett he wanted to come back and Bennett didn’t want him, Bennett would have told Clark to go into the portal if he wanted to play another year. I don’t think you could be more wrong on this. All this means is that Clark will be back next season to play the QB position in the soft spot vs. the zone and dish for assists. He was the main reason we lost to UVA in the Dome this year, consistently passed out of the zone to the open man for easy buckets and 3s.

Harris was in camp with Utah, and was said to be ahead of Wes Matthews for a roster spot, until he injured an ankle/foot.

If you're insinuating that Devo and Harris were asked to leave, then that wouldn't appear to jibe with the "JB does what's best for the kids" mantra that's being advanced in the Swider thread.
There is also a university they play for you probably know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom