Armando Bacot and Leaky Black returning to UNC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Armando Bacot and Leaky Black returning to UNC

What are we doing wrong that we can’t get a guy like Cole to stay and have a true breakout year ala Elijah Hughes? But UNC somehow gets Bacot to come back for a 5th year? Ugh. our player retention hasn’t been great for a while.
Bacot is coming back for his 4th year. We'll have to wait until 2023 to see it he plays a 5th year.

And we just got a Nova kid and he bolts. I really wanted Cole to come back.
Boeheim didnt want Cole back is what i heard from inside. Don’t have to believe me but I am confident in saying this

Boeheim didnt want Cole back is what i heard from inside. Don’t have to believe me but I am confident in saying this

“Coach (Boeheim) wasn’t trying to sway me one way or another,” Swider said. “He was just showing me the options I had. He said, ‘I would love to have you back, but it’s up to you and everything you want to accomplish.’ He told me, too, ‘You’re 23 (next month). You had some really good games that will open up people’s eyes. If you go back to Syracuse, that’s a personal decision that you want to show what you can do in college.’”

I don't believe that is totally accurate. Jb would like to have had Cole back but it wasn't life and death to him. I think it should have been because we don't have anyone currently on the team that can or will do what Cole would have done for this team.

The point is we do get players to stick around. You don’t think other teams are looking at us going “Jesse edwards is back? That’s not fair!”
No. I don't think any other teams are saying that. Jesse is above average with more potential. He wasn't the leading vote getter for 1st team All ACC. I kind of feel for Jesse as some of you have built him up now to the point he can't possibly achieve what is expected.

No. I don't think any other teams are saying that. Jesse is above average with more potential. He wasn't the leading vote getter for 1st team All ACC. I kind of feel for Jesse as some of you have built him up now to the point he can't possibly achieve what is expected.
Bacot was a possible second round pick with limited NBA potential. the fact that this board doesn't get that...well, actually, it doesn't suprise me with the general NBA knowledge shown here.

Both of which are truth.

Posters here whine that SU is doing nothing and cry for SU to pay NIL money like the big boys.

They can't. Schools don't pay NIL money.

You want kids at SU to have huge NIL pockets? Find someone with plenty of disposable cash or pony up yourself.
Can CuseRunner legally gift them cars?

Bacot was a possible second round pick with limited NBA potential. the fact that this board doesn't get that...well, actually, it doesn't suprise me with the general NBA knowledge shown here.

He'll be 23 at the end of next season. Plenty of guys tried with less.

Undersized centers that can't shoot? name them.

Any position that's an iffy prospect. Kyle Guy left UVa after their FF. Swider for that matter. The Knicks ran our Jericho Sims who has similar measurables. Bacot played with Da'Ron Sharpe with similar measurables who left UNC after a year.

Bacot suddenly won't become a sharpshooter in his 23rd year, but he can get hurt.

It doesn't take much "general NBA knowledge" to know that SU has had several players with eligibility leave with less of a chance of being drafted than Bacot does. One this year in fact.

Last edited:
It doesn't take much "general NBA knowledge" to know that SU has had several players with eligibility leave with less of a chance of being drafted than Bacot does. One this year in fact.

You might want to rethink that. Since the mid 80’s, SU has had 18 players leave early. 15 were drafted with 13 going in the 1st round. The ones that weren’t drafted were Battle, Brissett and Griffin. I guess you’re now going to discredit SU with guys like Buddy and Cole who played their 4 years and aren’t taking advantage of their COVID year. Your negative post which comes across as taking a shot at SU couldn’t be more wrong.

You might want to rethink that. Since the mid 80’s, SU has had 18 players leave early. 15 were drafted with 13 going in the 1st round. The ones that weren’t drafted were Battle, Brissett and Griffin. I guess you’re now going to discredit SU now with guys like Buddy and Cole who played their 4 years and aren’t taking advantage of their COVID year. Your negative post which comes across as taking a shot at SU couldn’t be more wrong.
Devo and Harris don't count?

No.
I haven't read through the whole thread, but why wouldn't Devo and Harris count, in discussing early departures?

I can also think of a few additional guys who could have possibly come back for another year, but chose not to do so.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but why wouldn't Devo and Harris count, in discussing early departures?

I can also think of a few additional guys who could have possibly come back for another year, but chose not to do so.

They don’t count because they didn’t “leave” early to give the nba a shot. We’ll leave it at that.

They don’t count because they didn’t “leave” early to give the nba a shot. We’ll leave it at that.
Harris was in camp with Utah, and was said to be ahead of Wes Matthews for a roster spot, until he injured an ankle/foot.

If you're insinuating that Devo and Harris were asked to leave, then that wouldn't appear to jibe with the "JB does what's best for the kids" mantra that's being advanced in the Swider thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom