Army Game... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Army Game...

Army up 3 at the half, 5-2. SU showed some fire the last two minutes or so on offense. Need to keep ip the fire in the second half.

Army D is very aggressive man-to-man, and pressing far from the net. SU is not used to being man-handled, especially more than 15-20 yards from the net. This is where the offense needs to suck it up and starting playing physically hard. Also, we need to crash the net, like rebounding in hoops. We have given up almost every rejected shot because nobody was near the net.

Defense has let up and deliberate and physical Army offense. Fernandez has been a little bit of a bright spot, but again, Army will always play physical and they are not backing down. Think old Big East hoops type of physical.

Desko os one of the best halftime coaches, let's see what he can do.

While I love Powell's knowledge, he needs some energy/excitement in his delivery. The co-hosting kid is meh. The halftime studio announcers have more emphasis and enthusiasm that the kid game announcer.

The ACCN audio stream is annoying.

Can’t recall a worse first half by SU lacrosse. Suddenly see a lot of warts, but I didn’t expect them on offense. Might need to dial back expectations.

I already did based on the schedule, not going to panic from 1 bad half but the attack unit was my biggest concern and my fears were realized. SU still doesn't have that upper echelon attack that we normally have. Zawada on this team or Wisnauskas and it's a totally different team. Rehfuss is a spark plug guy who goes MIA when asked to be a 1 or 2.

at least what March drew up resulted in some shots on net
Shots on goal will translate to scores. Also, we were inside to pick up some rebounds. Attacking the net always pays off. It is almost like SU expected Army to simply wilt at eth SU mystique and Army is definitely hungry after the Marist loss.

I’ve seen some bad Syracuse performances. This rakes up there among the worst.
They need to keep inverting. Army isn’t going to slide Curry and Dordevic will need to win this one. They do not look up to the task as of right now.
Agreed. And, they need to accept that Army will play physical and tight. Time to suck it up and grind out some tough shots. There is no other way and Army knows they cannot outclass the talent that SU has so they are forcing this issue.

Shots on goal will translate to scores. Also, we were inside to pick up some rebounds. Attacking the net always pays off. It is almost like SU expected Army to simply wilt at eth SU mystique and Army is definitely hungry after the Marist loss.

Excellent points

My god, will all of you calm down. It’s one bad half. It happens.

Honestly, it’s like watching the basketball team. Press us defensively and we really don’t have many answers. Army does it every year and we lack a plan. It’s partly due to the fact that we’re slow offensively outside of a few players.

I already did based on the schedule, not going to panic from 1 bad half but the attack unit was my biggest concern and my fears were realized. SU still doesn't have that upper echelon attack that we normally have. Zawada on this team or Wisnauskas and it's a totally different team. Rehfuss is a spark plug guy who goes MIA when asked to be a 1 or 2.
agreed honestly I can’t wait till rehfuss graduates. He disappears so much

Honestly, it’s like watching the basketball team. Press us defensively and we really don’t have many answers. Army does it every year and we lack a plan. It’s partly due to the fact that we’re slow offensively outside of a few players.

Marist of all teams had multiple quick attackmen that destroyed Army inverting we really dont have that save for Curry who did it late. Rehfuss and Cook and Scanlan need to be aggressive and start dodging from X a crap ton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom