Army Kickoff Time: Noon / ACC Network | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Army Kickoff Time: Noon / ACC Network

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Jordan Belfort

Could be a run of Nooners coming up, SU vs a likely 2-2 Clemson screams Noon on ESPN with Duke vs ND surely getting the 3:30 or Night slot on ABC.

Thing is, noon is the new 3:30. Since Fox started doing their big game at noon, ABC has been been putting their 2nd most attractive game there. 7:30 is still their top spot.

Duke - ND is all but a lock for 7:30. Duke will be undefeated. ND could very well be too, Ohio State hasn't looked all that great.

I'll be there with my Dad and son, where he will inevitably tell the anecdote of the time he brought me to the Dome in the 1980s for an SU/Army game and I cried my eyes out and demanded to leave because I thought there would be tanks, helicopters, etc.

i'll be calling in a few favors to make sure a tank rolls out of the tunnel for you

Thing is, noon is the new 3:30. Since Fox started doing their big game at noon, ABC has been been putting their 2nd most attractive game there. 7:30 is still their top spot.

Duke - ND is all but a lock for 7:30. Duke will be undefeated. ND could very well be too, Ohio State hasn't looked all that great.
Our Noon game vs. Clemson last year was the highest rated game of the week last year I remember. Noon kind of stinks for fans, but the TV people love Noon now. Army being Army and having a national following helps

Typical SU publicity department. Mention Ben's purple heart in the promo, but omit he won the bronz and silver star
Wow I feel like those were Rambo’s credentials also.

Hopefully this makes it less likely we get noon'd for Clemson.
Took a quick look at Ticketmaster for Clemson and it appears the crowd might be just as bad as the last two games.

The only hope for a big crowd might be a 4-0 Cuse playing a 3-1 Clemson coming off an upset of FSU.

I'll be there with my Dad and son, where he will inevitably tell the anecdote of the time he brought me to the Dome in the 1980s for an SU/Army game and I cried my eyes out and demanded to leave because I thought there would be tanks, helicopters, etc.
lol kids are dumb

Took a quick look at Ticketmaster for Clemson and it appears the crowd might be just as bad as the last two games.

The only hope for a big crowd might be a 4-0 Cuse playing a 3-1 Clemson coming off an upset of FSU.

If we're 3-0 there will be a big push for Clemson. It's also homecoming. That'll be a good crowd.

Hard to complain about crowds when we sold out two games last year. We have to be more consistent.

Serious question, is this just a money game for Army? If not , why aren't we playing at west point more often? Maybe not 1:1 but it should probablybe more than once since 1990. Is there a better group of actual "STUDENT ATHLETES" in the country? We're playing Pittsburgh in NYC which is probably for nyc alumni and that's cool, i get it...but why not a weekend at west point? A drunken train ride from the city, followed by a crap faced Uber ride to beautiful place on the Hudson, I mean we pretend to love student athletes and love the "college game" why not play more home games against the ultimate student athletes (and in parenthesis I say "if this is a money game for army, ok...I get it)

Serious question, is this just a money game for Army? If not , why aren't we playing at west point more often? Maybe not 1:1 but it should probablybe more than once since 1990. Is there a better group of actual "STUDENT ATHLETES" in the country? We're playing Pittsburgh in NYC which is probably for nyc alumni and that's cool, i get it...but why not a weekend at west point? A drunken train ride from the city, followed by a crap faced Uber ride to beautiful place on the Hudson, I mean we pretend to love student athletes and love the "college game" why not play more home games against the ultimate student athletes (and in parenthesis I say "if this is a money game for army, ok...I get it)
This isn't a money game. We play @ Army next year.

I’ve got a group of 15 going and haven’t bought tickets yet, people won’t buy until mid next week

This isn't a money game. We play @ Army next year.

Well hopefully. If they go to the AAC next season then a lot of shuffling will need to happen.

Home: SU, Dartmouth, Air Force, Wake
Road: Ball State, UConn, Rice, UNLV, UMass
Neutral: Navy

If they move to the AAC and keep their FCS game (BTW how they able to get an Ivy?), then they will only have 2 open OOC slots (as Air Force will stay). So 4 of SU, Wake, Ball State, UConn, UNLV, UMass will need to be changed. Navy and Rice would then have an open OOC slot as Army is now in conference. So they can take on two of those 4. The last two will need to play each other, or find another opponent.

So we could lose Army, but if we do let's hope we get Navy.

Typical SU publicity department. Mention Ben's purple heart in the promo, but omit he won the bronz and silver star
Since only 0.5% of Americans serve in the Armed Forces these days, the lack of awards and decorations knowledge in the marketing office doesn't surprise me.

That's really great, I was looking on line and it said we hadn't played there since 1990 lol. Should be a proud tradition in my book.
2 for 2 deal if I recall. Will have a number of games coming up so long as we don’t lose them in conf rescheduling.

If it makes you feel better, the Colorado game started at 10 am local time on Saturday.
JV football Saturday starts were always 10am, so they could bus us to the varsity game which started at 1:30pm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom