At UNC. ACC refs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

At UNC. ACC refs

Or the BLATANT not called hold down in FSU 2 years ago that gave FSU the win. You could see the jersey get pulled on live TV as Jordan Travis cut around the edge and the umpire did nothing, FSU wins 33-30. Nobody can convince me southern bias isn’t real.
I forgot all about this. You are absolutely correct. And the announcers were pointing it out too from what I remember.

I feel sick all over again

I’ve done this before and I won’t do this again. These refs are from all over the country. This isn’t the Waffle House rebellion.

Yeah it's not where they are from. That said sorting out whether conference politics are at play is a different matter. Personally it's not on the field that has been the biggest issue. It's been some of the reviews or lack thereof especially. Certainly some questionable on the field stuff too beyond normal human error variance. It's become harder to explain away year after year even if trying to sort out the why is a debate. Just far too many examples.

Yeah it's not where they are from. That said sorting out whether conference politics are at play is a different matter. Personally it's not on the field that has been the biggest issue. It's been some of the reviews or lack thereof especially. Certainly some questionable on the field stuff too beyond normal human error variance. It's become harder to explain away year after year even if trying to sort out the why is a debate. Just far too many examples.

Officials have an eye in the sky ref that calls down for reviews. In the last game Alford never made a peep about that catch, maybe it was or wasn't, but if it was he needs to actually say something.

Middle aged men are chasing around prime athletes to judge what they do. On a certain level that doesn't make sense.

I don't love the way some of our games have been reffed but I'm sure I'd feel the same way if I were an Auburn grad or some place like that.

Let us not forget the infamous “illegal man downfield” penalty against Cody Conway against Clemson in 2018. Without that BS call we win the game.

As was pointed out by another OL "Most of the time, those (penalties) just don't get called," redshirt senior offensive tackle Koda Martin said. "The passes happen quickly and it's difficult to tell if anybody's really downfield.

Let us not forget the infamous “illegal man downfield” penalty against Cody Conway against Clemson in 2018. Without that BS call we win the game.

As was pointed out by another OL "Most of the time, those (penalties) just don't get called," redshirt senior offensive tackle Koda Martin said. "The passes happen quickly and it's difficult to tell if anybody's really downfield.
UGH. You are totally right. This is bringing back some serious SU PTSD from that bs call

That doesn’t prove your claim that these officials are from South Dakota and Vermont.

I don’t think he meant specifically South Dakota and Vermont. He just tossed out a couple states that weren’t the Carolina’s. And you can use google to find who our crew was and then where each is from. A quick 2 minute look shows them from Boston MA., Delaware, Virginia, Pennsylvania etc and none from N Carolina or S Carolina. One ref who appears to maybe be from Georgia did last years National Championship game. See how easy that was?

I was at our local HS game last night and that call was made - immediately had flash backs

IMG_4459.jpeg

“Victimization chic”

Great read, BTW.

Its going to be hard to watch the rest of this game or season after that call. I hate this conference and hope it dies.
i told the Syracuse Giving team to off until we sort out our athletics