Athletic Story on Hillsman | Syracusefan.com

Athletic Story on Hillsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there will be an investigation of some kind but agree he won't survive this. Although a few of the allegations are "gimme a break" (he was really only honorable mention all conference as a player? Who cares), some are much more serious (inappropriate hugs etc). The exodus speaks for itself.

I can’t help but wonder why the local Syracuse media wasn’t on this sooner. Are they there to gather news or are they trying to protect the program? What is their priority?

Link?

I think it is a premium article. Pretty damning. I don't know that the authors found any huge things that Quentin did that should be grounds for immediate dismissal but there are a lot of disturbing things uncovered here.

So many that the article cannot be ignored.

We all knew there was a problem with the mass exodus, the only question was when will the real issues be made public to see what led to this, now we know.

No way he survives this. Sad that this happened, lets close this chapter and move on.

My big takeaway is he seems super unlikeable, completely in love with the smell of his own farts and a raging egomaniac. The abusive stuff is not good but certainly is magnified in today's world when tough love is considered hostile conditions. I assume some has been exaggerated by the scorned former players. He just doesn't seem like a likeable person and that always is a kiss of death. As Dana says, Summitt was a complete jerk but knew how to be a human when the cameras were off

I have to think Dana O'Neil who was at ESPN tipped off Wildhack w this story and that they already were preparing a termination prior to this. Wildhack may have prompted the story to be released so he has the cover to begin the firing process.

I can’t help but wonder why the local Syracuse media wasn’t on this sooner. Are they there to gather news or are they trying to protect the program? What is their priority?
Lack of resources for long-term stories like this and lack of attention to the women's team.

How does he kiss players' foreheads? They're college basketball players, and he's like 4 feet tall.

giphy.gif

Lack of resources for long-term stories like this and lack of attention to the women's team.

Also Covid restricted any access to the program. I suspect Athletic was tipped off by someone in the AD to do this story.

My big takeaway is he seems super unlikeable, completely in love with the smell of his own farts and a raging egomaniac. The abusive stuff is not good but certainly is magnified in today's world when tough love is considered hostile conditions. I assume some has been exaggerated by the scorned former players. He just doesn't seem like a likeable person and that always is a kiss of death. As Dana says, Summitt was a complete jerk but knew how to be a human when the cameras were off

I have to think Dana O'Neil who was at ESPN tipped off Wildhack w this story and that they already were preparing a termination prior to this. Wildhack may have prompted the story to be released so he has the cover to begin the firing process.

It's still not a great look for Wildhack imho that after the mass transfers, it took this article to come out for them to investigate or take any action, assuming they do. Or if they did any investigation before this, it either wasn't a very good one or they found stuff and were hoping it would all blow over.

Understood but the exodus was so glaring it could not be ignored.
It's not a good look for the local media for sure. But it's unlikely this was a deliberate swallowing of the story by Syracuse.com. It took the woman who broke the JoePa story like two years to get everything in place, and it was a total anomaly for a local paper (Harrisburg Patriot News in that case) to let someone do all of the leg work because they just don't have the financial margins to allow for that.

For that reason, a lot of these program scandal stories get broken by national reporters. A guy I know was a beat writer for St. Bona in 03, and he got scooped by Thamel in the New York Times about the whole welding degree scandal, even though he lived in town and reported on the team everyday.

It's still not a great look for Wildhack imho that after the mass transfers, it took this article to come out for them to investigate or take any action, assuming they do. Or if they did any investigation before this, it either wasn't a very good one or they found stuff and were hoping it would all blow over.

I think Wildhack is dealing with a situation where they probably were preempted on their own investigation and due diligence. Schools have to cross Ts, dot Is before they fire someone for cause. This isn't simple and i'm sure lawyers were involved to make sure it was done correctly because either way Quinton is going to sue Syracuse and claim the school is stuff that it clearly isn't.

That's why I think someone dimed out Dana to get the story out there so he can speed up the school's response. No way they were caught offsides here. This feels like a well coordinated PR action by a school that has dealt with sensitive situations before (See Bernie Fine)

I think Wildhack is dealing with a situation where they probably were preempted on their own investigation and due diligence. Schools have to cross Ts, dot Is before they fire someone for cause. This isn't simple and i'm sure lawyers were involved to make sure it was done correctly because either way Quinton is going to sue Syracuse and claim the school is stuff that it clearly isn't.

That's why I think someone dimed out Dana to get the story out there so he can speed up the school's response. No way they were caught offsides here. This feels like a well coordinated PR action by a school that has dealt with sensitive situations before (See Bernie Fine)

100%

He's been kissing foreheads for years as mentioned in this article. A little bizarre.

Forget the fact that we all know its wrong to be touching and definitely kissing a player or any else not your bf/gf/spouse, how in the world in today's climate and #metoo and everything else are you even remotely thinking this is appropriate to do. I'd be afraid to brush against someone at this point and this guy is kissing teenagers on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom