Athletic Story on Hillsman | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Athletic Story on Hillsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

“The allegations reported in The Athletic today are troubling. Based on the nature of these allegations, Syracuse University is engaging an outside firm to conduct an independent review and will take appropriate action based on its outcome,” the statement said.

“While no formal complaints have been made to date from members of the women’s basketball program, we take these allegations very seriously. We ask any individual who has knowledge of or has experienced this kind of conduct to come forward. Syracuse University remains focused on the well-being and success of our student-athletes.”

I see the occasional drive-bys to the women's forum have chimed in with their expertise when they've likely never attended a game :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Not sure I follow - so if you haven't attended a game in person you can't comment on the article or anything you may have watched on TV or a streaming service?

Not sure I follow - so if you haven't attended a game in person you can't comment on the article or anything you may have watched on TV or a streaming service?
I'm sure you follow but here you go - now that there is a scandal involving a women's team people will take the time to drop in and give their 2 cents about a program they care to know little about.

I've experienced men/coworkers who didn't understand about physical boundaries and that proximity or unasked for contact can make a female uncomfortable. Things just as stupid as kissing someone on the forehead. One idiot stood behind me, stuck his face in my hair and told me how good my perfume smelled. Was he a bad person. No. Just stupid.. Maybe Hillsman needs to be educated in what is appropriate behavior.

I'm sure you follow but here you go - now that there is a scandal involving a women's team people will take the time to drop in and give their 2 cents about a program they care to know little about.
The thread was originally posted on the men's forum before it got moved. Otherwise some posters would never have seen it.

I’m sorry I’ll see my way out, I guess you have to attend a game to be a fan.
Yes, that would be a good first step but if you can't attend a game then why not make it a practice to support women's sports beyond commenting about a scandal? Not calling you out specifically but just trying to make a point

The thread was originally posted on the men's forum before it got moved. Otherwise some posters would never have seen it.
thank you for the context, I just saw the article posted about a half hour ago. So that explains why this forum has some unusual visitors.

Yes, that would be a good first step but if you can't attend a game then why not make it a practice to support women's sports beyond commenting about a scandal? Not calling you out specifically but just trying to make a point
Thank you Kelly.

I've experienced men/coworkers who didn't understand about physical boundaries and that proximity or unasked for contact can make a female uncomfortable. Things just as stupid as kissing someone on the forehead. One idiot stood behind me, stuck his face in my hair and told me how good my perfume smelled. Was he a bad person. No. Just stupid.. Maybe Hillsman needs to be educated in what is appropriate behavior.
So to be clear...you don't want us sticking our face in your hair?

( Sorry..bad joke timing wise. You'd think certain things are common sense)

hmmm, I wonder who this 5 star recruit might be. Any newcomers here want to venture a guess on that before you ask google for assistance?

1624980688861.png

Wow, this has to be properly investigate; if true, that would explain the mass movement from the program, after the season.

So to be clear...you don't want us sticking our face in your hair?

( Sorry..bad joke timing wise. You'd think certain things are common sense)
Well I was a heck of a lot younger then. ;)

I dunno Tomcat. Kissing players, inappropriate touching, threatening players, each of those are reason enough for termination. Especially in 2021.
Individually, lots of this stuff could be forgiven, if rarely done. A kiss on the forehead is weird but seems pretty harmless to me.

But it sounds like there were a lot of questionable things done, apparently quite often. I don't like to call for people to be fired. But I think it is probably warranted here.

Not a good day for the women's basketball program. But it might set the stage for better days ahead.

Wow, this has to be properly investigate; if true, that would explain the mass movement from the program, after the season.
I agree. It needs to be properly investigated before any decision is made by the administration. But I don't believe in firing anyone until an investigation is completed.

He has to go after this. Who would send their Daughter to play for him. He will be crucified on the recruiting trail. Offer Tammi Reiss the job! She's the coach who left for Rhode Island last year.
Tammi Reiss left two years ago, but yeah— if Q ends up getting fired she would be up towards the top of my list of who he should be replaced with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom