Athletic Story on Hillsman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Athletic Story on Hillsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Wildhack is dealing with a situation where they probably were preempted on their own investigation and due diligence. Schools have to cross Ts, dot Is before they fire someone for cause. This isn't simple and i'm sure lawyers were involved to make sure it was done correctly because either way Quinton is going to sue Syracuse and claim the school is stuff that it clearly isn't.

That's why I think someone dimed out Dana to get the story out there so he can speed up the school's response. No way they were caught offsides here. This feels like a well coordinated PR action by a school that has dealt with sensitive situations before (See Bernie Fine)
This would be a helluva time to search for a new head coach. I assume Tami Reiss would be at or near the top of the list. Remember that historically this program has struggled until Q brought it some consistency and success. But if he is a tyrant, he picked the wrong time to really piss off everyone. People need to change with the times. Be curious what ADJW does.

This would be a helluva time to search for a new head coach. I assume Tami Reiss would be at or near the top of the list. Remember that historically this program has struggled until Q brought it some consistency and success. But if he is a tyrant, he picked the wrong time to really piss off everyone. People need to change with the times. Be curious what ADJW does.

Agree about the timing. As you mentioned, the program is much more attractive than before Q, but still doesn't seem a great time to be looking for a new coach.

I think Wildhack is dealing with a situation where they probably were preempted on their own investigation and due diligence. Schools have to cross Ts, dot Is before they fire someone for cause. This isn't simple and i'm sure lawyers were involved to make sure it was done correctly because either way Quinton is going to sue Syracuse and claim the school is stuff that it clearly isn't.

That's why I think someone dimed out Dana to get the story out there so he can speed up the school's response. No way they were caught offsides here. This feels like a well coordinated PR action by a school that has dealt with sensitive situations before (See Bernie Fine)

This is the first time I can recall the Athletic Department looks out of the loop and bad. JW has been highly supportive of Q...but this is a collection of really ugly things. Really ugly.

This is the first time I can recall the Athletic Department looks out of the loop and bad. JW has been highly supportive of Q...but this is a collection of really ugly things. Really ugly.

Covid has restricted access to the players and what is going on. This is two years mind you. Once players were able to transfer without repercussions the allegations surfaced. Not coincidental. Sounds like the school is well aware of the issues. I doubt he lasts the day as HC

My big takeaway is he seems super unlikeable, completely in love with the smell of his own farts and a raging egomaniac. The abusive stuff is not good but certainly is magnified in today's world when tough love is considered hostile conditions. I assume some has been exaggerated by the scorned former players. He just doesn't seem like a likeable person and that always is a kiss of death. As Dana says, Summitt was a complete jerk but knew how to be a human when the cameras were off

I have to think Dana O'Neil who was at ESPN tipped off Wildhack w this story and that they already were preparing a termination prior to this. Wildhack may have prompted the story to be released so he has the cover to begin the firing process.
She should have tipped him off earlier in the month before he basically brushed off the exodus.

Could be - I'm just not on board with the fact that our Athletic Department is so on top of things that they organized this. I know I'm in the minority on that thought.
I know. But you figure 11 girls transferred and Tiana and whomever graduated. All you need is for one or two to say something to somebody. We all know how small the campus community is and how small the WCBB world is.

I know. But you figure 11 girls transferred and Tiana and whomever graduated. All you need is for one or two to say something to somebody. We all know how small the campus community is and how small the WCBB world is.
I agree again but this problem at least according to the article predated last season. Campus community and WCBB was small at that time too.

I agree again but this problem at least according to the article predated last season. Campus community and WCBB was small at that time too.
Right but throw in Covid, unlimited transfers, team underperformed, top recruits not starting. Maybe Q's act got stale.

Hillsman is clearly a p r i c k, that wasn't all that difficult to discern. Aside from the inappropriate contact - which is awful on its face - the incident that stands out most to me is the report of the blistering post-season player feedback/Zoom call that apparently was ignored. That's tough to handwave away, institutions have an obligation to respond to things like that.

Oh my!!! Darts thrown!!!
I wonder if there was resentment on the team over his handling of Tiana? No denying her courage and tenacity but she was not the same player when she came back though she seemed to get the same amount of rope.

Anybody remember the guard- about say 7 or 8 years ago maybe- that accused Q of sexual harrassment and transferred out? Not too much mentioned about it as it appeared to be a case of a angry player not playing much.

What a mess. Now with Tiana chiming in. Q to me always seemed kind of creepy and inappropriate but always want to see how things actually play out vs judging from afar.

Its very possible he did right by Tiana and trying to be a huge support structure for her. That also doesn't always mean other things could be false which now that she chimed in really muddies this up.

The fact that he has no idea how to utilize his players to the fullest is reason enough to get rid of him. He’s all show and no substance. This along with the allegations should immediately get him suspended.
Hard to argue with this

I think it is a premium article. Pretty damning. I don't know that the authors found any huge things that Quentin did that should be grounds for immediate dismissal but there are a lot of disturbing things uncovered here.

So many that the article cannot be ignored.
I dunno Tomcat. Kissing players, inappropriate touching, threatening players, each of those are reason enough for termination. Especially in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom