Athletic Story on Hillsman | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Athletic Story on Hillsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember her - excellent player for Notre Dame. Didn’t even know she was a coach.
Her age, and her coaching record at 2 schools, playing at Notre Dame, and a few years in the WNBA. Also knowing the ACC, and how big time programs are run, She would be a great addition to the school.

I'm not impressed with the Athletic at all.

If this story was that important, why did they hide it behind a pay wall?

I guess trying to sign up a few more subscribers was a bigger priority to them then outing an abusive coach.
From what I heard it was easier for them to trust a bigger news outlet instead of the local Syracuse news they felt that they would be protected better by a larger news outlet with their own lawyers than Syracuse reporters who have frequently exaggerated articles or tell biased stories

From what I heard it was easier for them to trust a bigger news outlet instead of the local Syracuse news they felt that they would be protected better by a larger news outlet with their own lawyers than Syracuse reporters who have frequently exaggerated articles or tell biased stories

I have no issue with the players talking to the Athletic.

My issue is that the Athletic wanted to charge everyone to read the story. Doesn't the "public good" outweigh a few bucks?

Breaking News: Head Coach is an abusive bully. Want to know more? That'll be $9.95/month.

Doesn't sit well with me. You want to charge people for fluff pieces, fine. But important stuff like this needed to reach a wider audience.

My issue is that the Athletic wanted to charge everyone to read the story. Doesn't the "public good" outweigh a few bucks?

Breaking News: Head Coach is an abusive bully. Want to know more? That'll be $9.95/month.

Doesn't sit well with me. You want to charge people for fluff pieces, fine. But important stuff like this needed to reach a wider audience.
Think the story would have been free on dot com?

Definitely agree. Many people still aren’t even aware of what happened simply because the article wasn’t fully available. If it wasn’t for social media the story might’ve gotten nowhere and voices would’ve been unheard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom