Athletic Story on Hillsman | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Athletic Story on Hillsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ny post article reported that complaints went to Wildhack and were ignored. If that is accurate reporting, he has some responsibility in this as well. Multiple incidents that were witnessed by other members of the team. Kind of a creepy culture on the team that should have been investigated by the university. All those transfers says it all...

This will lead to an independent investigation that will attempt to answer the question "who knew what when". More than Hillsman could be caught up in this.

I think it is a premium article. Pretty damning. I don't know that the authors found any huge things that Quentin did that should be grounds for immediate dismissal but there are a lot of disturbing things uncovered here.

So many that the article cannot be ignored.
have the accusers identified themselves? cited specific incidences that happened to them? i am no fan of hillsman. i do not like his constant yelling at the players during the games. hard to play your best when anxious and tense. nevertheless he has a right to face the accusers and address the alleged issues. i have not read all the comments --so maybe that has been addressed. i did read tiana's article, that also is pretty damning take responsibility for what you say and back it up.
i said to my wife when all these transferred happened that wildhack needs to look closely at that.

Forget the fact that we all know its wrong to be touching and definitely kissing a player or any else not your bf/gf/spouse, how in the world in today's climate and #metoo and everything else are you even remotely thinking this is appropriate to do. I'd be afraid to brush against someone at this point and this guy is kissing teenagers on the head.
the climate change today is over the top

A link won't help as it's behind a paywall. You can only read it if you pay up for a subscription.
Actually, that is not correct. There is quite a bit on 247 that is free. Unless the article is labeled "VIP," it is a free article. This article happens to be free. I am not a paying customer, but I have read this for free.

Actually, that is not correct. There is quite a bit on 247 that is free. Unless the article is labeled "VIP," it is a free article. This article happens to be free. I am not a paying customer, but I have read this for free.
I was talking about the original article from The Athletic.

Although I rarely post on the various sub-sport threads within the Olympic and Women’s Sports board, I read the women’s hoops and lax threads plus the track and field threads daily. During the season, I trade a couple of emails per week about SU women’s hoops with a close friend from SU. I watch every game that is on (which is not enough, given that I have ACC Network-less Comcast).

I don’t know what the truth is but the optics of today’s stories combined with the mass migration out of the program are poor.

On a separate subject, what Tiana said about some of her teammates sickens me. My beloved wife spent the final 2 1/2 years of her life in chemo and was inspired by Tiana’s battle. If what she is saying is true, her “teammates” should be ashamed of themselves.

I was talking about the original article from The Athletic.
Sorry. I thought it was the 247 article. I believe it was the most fair and balanced journalism on the subject as Q also has defenders such as Tania and Peterson. The thing I have a problem with is that he has already been given a fair trial and hung, and as others have pointed out, many have already passed judgment and his reputation has been ruined.

That being said, I have questions about his bench coaching. Also, I have never read the Athletic and don't have any idea how high the respect is by sports fans of this publication. It does seem to carry a vindictive one sided report. Additionally, I have been a vocal advocate for 50 years for women's rights. If there is any truth to what he has been accused of, he should never coach again! However, if there is any truth to the quote from Peterson, she might has well have said, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Let the truth play out.

We’ll see how this plays out but it sounds like some vindictive player(s) that transferred out trying to destroy Coach Q. I could take a guess on who.

i’m not supporting what was done if he actually did them but there is always more than one side to a story. We’ll see how this plays out but it looks bad for Q going forward the way society operates now.

It’s the least surprising thing ever that some players are coming to Hillsman’s defense.

Personally, I’ve worked with many people who are extremely polarizing, eliciting strong reactions both of love and hate. Why would this circumstance be any different than what most of us encounter among friends, family and co-workers every day?

Do I really need to explain that just because some people had good experiences with him doesn’t mean that he couldn’t have been awful to others?

I mean are we honestly that surprised this is happening?

I mean when that many, and I mean that many players transfer out there’s an issue.

Everyone was talking about it and convinced something out of the ordinary was happening.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but the optics certainly don’t look fantastic here.

I don’t have any idea whether the things in that article are true, though the allegations are obviously troubling.

That said, I think the writers did their story a disservice by taking irrelevant shots at Hillsman’s fashion sense, etc. The resume discrepancies also struck me as quibbling. That stuff is just not relevant to the real story — Hillman’s treatment of the players— and is just trying to throw additional mud on him. It makes their story seem more like a hit piece, which is too bad if their reporting is otherwise sound.

I don’t have any idea whether the things in that article are true, though the allegations are obviously troubling.

That said, I think the writers did their story a disservice by taking irrelevant shots at Hillsman’s fashion sense, etc. The resume discrepancies also struck me as quibbling. That stuff is just not relevant to the real story — Hillman’s treatment of the players— and is just trying to throw additional mud on him. It makes their story seem more like a hit piece, which is too bad if their reporting is otherwise sound.
I don’t think there’s anyone left who knows how to write a complete, factual, unbiased story anymore.

I'm not even going to try and formulate what I think about this matter because quite honestly I'm just confused, depleted and flat out disappointed. I've always stood by Q and everything he has been able to do here-- but reading The Athletic article was just shocking and mind blowing some of the things these past players/managers have come out with. I hope that these allegations aren't true, but if they are-- obviously, I hope he is gone.

I chuckled reading the part where it said he was beating his chest saying that he doesn't care about the players and that 'he's the star'? If that is true, WTH? This isn't about you! And you have your priorities all messed up if that's the reason you are coaching in the first place.

Just when you think this situation cant get messier-- it's getting to the point where even CuseWBB Alumni are fighting with each other over social media! Yes, airing out alllll the dirty laundry and arguing back and forth with each other for the whole world to see. One thing I took away from those exchanges was that apparently "every players experience has not been the same leaving this program", which is why we have been seeing some past players speaking out in support of Q.

What program is next? I mean honestly, when does this bleeding STOP? All of this negative attention that Syracuse has been getting lately is getting out of hand, period. I'm looking at you ADJW-- get it tf together in the nicest way possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors