Attendance tidbit | Syracusefan.com

Attendance tidbit

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Tonights pathetic and pitiful attendance vs a bad team on a Wednesday night in a small city has only been outdrawn by 2 other non-SU games this year.....college or pro.

Nobody does it better than the Syracuse and CNY locals.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Tonights pathetic and pitiful attendance vs a bad team on a Wednesday night in a small city has only been outdrawn by 2 other non-SU games this year.....college or pro.

CNY locals are one rugged, hardy lot. Never let it be forgotten.

not to mention on a bitterly cold, frigid artic like night. People here need to stop complaining about the crowds. I mean really. They see these other teams on the tube against some sort of rival and its pretty intense. Newsflash when we play one of our rivals (Gtown, Lvill, Uconn, ND) it's similarly intense.

Thanks for the perspective. Man it was (and still is) nasty cold last night.

Great perspective. I think its a bit of credit to the fan base that realizes every game is a big game this time of year. Also, as much as we collectively complain at times about the play, we should be very thankful that win or lose we are one of the most entertaining teams in college basketball. Thanks bees.

100 percent true. I'm curious what the draw is for people that live an hour or more away. It's tough for those folks to make it on a weeknight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Great perspective. I think its a bit of credit to the fan base that realizes every game is a big game this time of year. Also, as much as we collectively complain at times about the play, we should be very thankful that win or lose we are one of the most entertaining teams in college basketball. Thanks bees.

I pretty sure he didn't mean it as a compliment, CC. Then again, I sometimes believe I am a secret agent.

My daughter and I were dressed like Arctic explorers, with only our foreheads exposed. We couldn't put our arms down! Kudos to everyone who made it there.

100 percent true. I'm curious what the draw is for people that live an hour or more away. It's tough for those folks to make it on a weeknight.

I used to have season tickets for five or six years after I graduated. On a good night I could make the trip in an hour and forty-five minutes, one way. Some games I barely made or ended up being late for because if work. For people living in the greater Syracuse area weeknight games are no big deal. For people driving in from outside Syracuse weeknight games are tough. Especially if it is a game against a middle or lower level Big East team.

I pretty sure he didn't mean it as a compliment, CC. Then again, I sometimes believe I am a secret agent.

It was very much a compliment but also a reality check (with sarcasm) to those that always say the crowd sucks when the attendance is in the low 20's. The curse of playing in a 50k seat stadium. If we played in an arena that sat 10-20k like 99% of the schools do, we'd always be sold out with no complaints at all about crowd size.

Last night was freaking cold for someone who doesnt own a winter coat. Walking back to the car (or in my case running back) was brutal.

then why dont they show up on a saturday afternoon in the fall, when theyre not inconvienced by work?:noidea:

and its not every saturday, its like 4 or 5 tops.

Last night was freaking cold for someone who doesnt own a winter coat. Walking back to the car (or in my case running back) was brutal.

Not enough PBRs during the weeknight games to keep you warm?

Since when did we start believing the farce that is the announced attendance #s? Only about 15k of those 24k were actually physically there.

I come to every game from Rochester. There were quite a few people on the Thruway last night despite the weather conditions. When you go to be a fan, you got to be a fan.

As an aside, I have been coming to games from Rochester for the past 28 years and I have never missed a game because of the weather. They do a great job on the Thruway.

Since when did we start believing the farce that is the announced attendance #s?

It's the same for all teams in all sports and is what goes down as the official attendance.

It's the same for all teams in all sports and is what goes down as the official attendance.
The point is that whether we had 15k at the game or 22k at the game, they were going to announce 24k. The announced #'s mean absolutely nothing about attendance, only sales.

then why dont they show up on a saturday afternoon in the fall, when theyre not inconvienced by work?:noidea:

and its not every saturday, its like 4 or 5 tops.

They do. Those 20k+ for basketball is great, small for football. But this post was meant for the basketball complaints, not football.

But, I wouldn't expect alumni to flock back for a Wednesday basketball game. Different animal. But I would for a Saturday football game. That's the difference between SU football and many other schools. Theirs do, ours don't.

That cold wind was freaking frigid.

By trying to reconcile that crowd with the announced # of sales, you are essentially celebrating the fact that an unusually high # of people bought tickets and didn't show up.

I don't see anything to celebrate about that.

By trying to reconcile that crowd with the announced # of sales, you are essentially celebrating the fact that an unusually high # of people bought tickets and didn't show up.

I don't see anything to celebrate about that.

WGAF. As a fan SU's attendance announced or otherwise has no impact on my life as a fan or otherwise. Other than sports teams, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I don't really celebrate things based on what others do or do not do.

You don't care about people supporting the team. OK. Whatever then.

They do. Those 20k+ for basketball is great, small for football. But this post was meant for the basketball complaints, not football.

But, I wouldn't expect alumni to flock back for a Wednesday basketball game. Different animal. But I would for a Saturday football game. That's the difference between SU football and many other schools. Theirs do, ours don't.

the school basicaly told all fans to skip this game and get ready for saturdays tilt.

i cant really fault the fans for obeying big brother.

the Dome will likely have more people for gtown than who show for football on a saturday too...

Oh Lord

You don't care about people supporting the team. OK. Whatever then.

You're right I don't care about how others support the team. I can't control them I can only control how I support the team. The extent of my worrying about what others do and think about SU basketball is reserved for this board.

CNY locals are one rugged, hardy lot. Never let it be forgotten.

And so are our Alaskan brethren in the land of polar bears and endless night. One day we'll see a couple of sled dog teams pull up to the Dome for an ACC game. I have no doubt about it. ;)