AWIII | Syracusefan.com

AWIII

jmm29

Walk On
Not sure about his potential NBA draft stock, but AW is getting some looks from the league solely bc of his shooting skills, no?

If you can shoot you have a shot at the league. Look at Steve Novak.

So..... who's the best shooter we've had the last 15 years? Carmelo? From a percentages aspect, White's better than GMAC. White's gotta be at or near the top of the list.

So... who's the best shooter we've had the last 15 years? Carmelo? From a percentages aspect, White's better than GMAC. White's gotta be at or near the top of the list.

Not sure on percentages but by my own two eyes in no order, Gerry, Rautins, White.

He's such a good shooter. And it seems like he make 80% or more of his shots on the left side. He's just so comfortable there. I wish I could see his season shot chart to see where his shots come from.

Just as I'm typing this he drains a 3 from the right corner.

AW seems to be able to make shots from anywhere on the floor under various degrees of duress at any point during the game. in contrast, GMac was only slightly above average until the last minute of the game when he turned into Stabe Nash on PEDs

I don't know what thread it was but it had Lydon and whites draft projections and it had white going to San Antonio in the second round. I think that would be perfect for him. a team like that that is established and would hide his weaknesses and would use him in a small role would give him the best chance for success.

So... who's the best shooter we've had the last 15 years? Carmelo? From a percentages aspect, White's better than GMAC. White's gotta be at or near the top of the list.
Still at least one game left but imo at this point I think White has had the best three-point shooting season since 2003. Not just because he just set the record, but he's doing it at a > 40% rate.

If I were to rank them...

(1) Andrew White, Sr., 2017 (40.5%, 108 made)
(2) Demetris Nichols, Sr., 2007 (41.7%, 100 made)
(3) Andy Rautins, Sr., 2010 (40.7%, 98 made)
(4) Gerry McNamara, So., 2004 (38.9%, 105 made)
(5) Andy Rautins, Jr., 2009 (36.6%, 102 made)
(6) Gerry McNamara, Jr., 2005 (34.0%, 107 made)
(7) Michael Gbinije, Sr., 2016 (39.1%, 91 made)
(8) Trevor Cooney, So., 2014 (37.5%, 90 made)
(9) James Southerland, Sr., 2013 (39.8%, 84 made)
(10) Eric Devendorf, Jr., 2009 (39.0%, 82 made)
(11) Gerry McNamara, Sr., 2006 (33.4%, 103 made)
(12) Trevor Cooney, Sr., 2016 (35.4%, 92 made)
(13) Donte Greene, Fr., 2008 (34.5%, 90 made)

Honorable Mention:

2013 - CJ Fair, Jr. (46.9%, 30 made)
2017 - John Gillon, Sr. (42.2%, 54 made)
2016 - Malachi Richardson, Fr. (35.3%, 79 made)
2016 - Tyler Lydon, Fr. (40.5%, 49 made)
2017 - Tyler Lydon, So. (40.7%, 48 made)

(OT thought: It's amazing how bad this 2017 team was considering how good they shot from three. All about the defense.)

Rautins is the best shooter we've ever had.

I don't think I've ever been more sad for an individual Syracuse player missing the NCAA Tourney than White. Actually it might not even be close. And Gillon could be 2nd.

Have we forgotten Rakeem Christmas so soon?

Not sure about his potential NBA draft stock, but AW is getting some looks from the league solely bc of his shooting skills, no?

He'll get his cup of coffee in the league, but I'd be surprised if he did any better than that.

Rautins is the best shooter we've ever had.

Have we forgotten Rakeem Christmas so soon?

He'll get his cup of coffee in the league, but I'd be surprised if he did any better than that.

Jimmy Lee ...

White, and Rautins are a toss up. Nichols, Shumpert after that, IMO. GMac was clutch, but not top 5 in my eyes. Have to throw in some of the old timers as well.

White should get drafted. Though, you never know with all the foreigners taken in the 2nd round. Either way, he will get a chance. He needs to get quicker laterally, and improve his D. I don't see him being much of a driver, so he needs to be 3, and D off the bench.

I don't know what thread it was but it had Lydon and whites draft projections and it had white going to San Antonio in the second round. I think that would be perfect for him. a team like that that is established and would hide his weaknesses and would use him in a small role would give him the best chance for success.

Perfect spot. He could be a Danny Green type.

This team is going to miss him next season. Broke the SU three point record for one season. If he were a four year player, he could have had the potential to leave with the all-time record. Already think he's one of the best shooters to put on an Orange uniform. Shame that they didn't make the field of 68, because the nation would see what we've watched all year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom