Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

Can someone smarter than me explain why our TE coach is our interim?
His recruiting chops/ties to NJ are obviously highly valued. It also speaks to how strategic and well thought out ADJW seems to be operating with at this critical juncture. JW obviously views Campanile as a coaching/recruiting asset (and there may be others?) that he'd prefer to keep on the next staff - demonstrating his forward thinking. Encouraging start on all fronts thus far.

Presumably JW grabbed help from donors for the buyout. I would wager to get the donors to pitch in JW had to share his vision on the targeted replacement and their donations for the buyout suggest their support. If the donors are on board, so am I. Some guessing in this post but I think that would make sense.

Tough. Never want to see a man lose his job. Dino by all accounts is a great dude and represented the program well. So I wish him nothing but the best. Just wasn’t getting the job done in year 8. With a cupcake schedule next year, this year was the right year to make a move if we were going too. Plus Dino had lost the fan base, alumni, past players and seems he was starting to lose the locker room a bit. Not a good recipe. Wish him and his family nothing but the best.

Although I think we did need to move on, Dino did some great things for Cuse football we can’t all forget.
-6-0 for the first time in FOREVER
-Possible back to back bowl games this year in FORVER
-First 10 win season in FOREVER
-Had us ranked multiple years and all the way up to 12
-Put multiple players in the pros (some high end pros too
-Had multiple sellouts which hadn’t happened in awhile
-Can’t forget that Clemson win at home in 2017, that’s a memorable Dome win and will be FOREVER

The timing is right to move on. Dino has always represented the Program well. He understood the allure of the Syracuse program and the tradition of Syracuse. Was always a stand up guy here at Cuse. Although I think the move to fire him is the right call. I’ll tip my cap to coaches Babers, he’ll always be welcomed back to Cuse in my book, 8 years is a lifetime in college football speak so he’ll always be apart of the Syracuse football family. May not have been the ending we’d like. But hope nothing but success for Dino and his family.
Agree with the above but the university has invested significant time and money in our athletic programs with the roof and other improvements in the Dome . The new football wing etc.
Now is the time to invest in the best coach we can find and pray!!

Don't think the problem was Dino at all. The problem is SU's standing in the college football heirarchy.

A northeastern private school that had a glorious football tradition, but which has become increasingly limited in terms of its football potential.

Yes, hope springs eternal. But I don't think we're likely to be any more relevant with a new coach than we are right now. All the best to Dino. He tried his best, he had some success, but ultimately ran up against the new realities of big-time college football.
Bullogna

Dino cost his teams plenty of games the last four years with in game decisions and game prep

I would have absolutely let the seasons n play out. They have had another bizarre set of circumstances but they could beat Wake then win the bowl game. Then look at the situation. I looked at the list in Tomcats post to f possible candidates, I think these guys will be looking for better so I doubt Wildhack pulled the trigger because he had someone in line. ( Of course I don’t know) Sad day ….. for me as I look at all the celebrating , it just grates on me .
Oh, I understand that last part. I have had to fire people from high paying jobs in my career and it was never, ever, a happy day. So I get you there. But the program was just going no where fast. And the reason they made this move was just in case what you hoped would happen, might have happened. Honestly STorange, I don't think it was ever going to get better.

So guys like Dan Lanning who were never HCs aren’t worth the risk? Just asking your opinion because there are some serious studs out there that are OCs like Grubb that I would sign up for in a second

Building a solid roster and being able to get kids to improve as the year and their careers go on is what we need. A good OC or DC might not be able to achieve that.

Ugh. I don't feel great about this. He's a great guy and was an excellent ambassador for our program. This needed to happen, but I'm definitely not jumping for joy like I was when we fired Shafer.

Quick question. How does a program like Kansas State win consistently? Can you tell me about all of the great prospects in that state? Sounds like a lot of baked in excuses and excuses are for losers.

Heavy reliance on JUCOs.

I personally don't enjoy someone being fired but understand why the move was made. Thanks Dino good luck from here.

This. Best to Dino; he seemed like a good guy who brought a decent number of positive memories for a fanbase that probably can't expect much more from the program.

Wildhack's first football coaching search should be fascinating.

Watch it be an alum. That’s all he’s hired so far. Not saying they haven’t been good hires, but objectively they’ve been the easy options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom