Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

We’d be lucky to have him. Kent St is the worst D1 job in all of football.

And he won there.
Ok. I can be convinced. On first blush I’m not all in

Oh, I understand that last part. I have had to fire people from high paying jobs in my career and it was never, ever, a happy day. So I get you there. But the program was just going no where fast. And the reason they made this move was just in case what you hoped would happen, might have happened. Honestly STorange, I don't think it was ever going to
That’s fair , I thought at the very least he should have been on the sidelines next week though.

Stud? They were 50th in HC salary at 4m. 5m would get them into Top 40 salaries.

It was time for Babers to go but the thought process Syracuse can/will hire a stud at 4m is flawed thinking.
Yeah going the route of established OC/DC like Grubb, Atkins, Hartline, Schumann. And call me crazy but I guarantee you Tommy Rees will be getting calls. These guys are studs

Don't think the problem was Dino at all. The problem is SU's standing in the college football heirarchy.

A northeastern private school that had a glorious football tradition, but which has become increasingly limited in terms of its football potential.

Yes, hope springs eternal. But I don't think we're likely to be any more relevant with a new coach than we are right now. All the best to Dino. He tried his best, he had some success, but ultimately ran up against the new realities of big-time college football.

Also this.

So guys like Dan Lanning who were never HCs aren’t worth the risk? Just asking your opinion because there are some serious studs out there that are OCs like Grubb that I would sign up for in a second

Comparing Oregon and Syracuse is completely disingenuous. Oregon has tremendous support and in many ways is a plant and play situation. The resources at Syracuse aren’t in the same league as a program like Oregon.

- Competitive NIL (this is on the community not the university).
- Competitive salary pool for assistants and support staff.
- Competitive recruiting budget.

Although these resources have improved in recent years, they are still NOT competitive on a national level.

Until those three things change…. Wash, rinse, repeat.

For all the ranting and raving I’ve done about firing Dino, I’m kind of sad that it actually happened. I really liked the guy. He’s just not cut out for the job. Onward
Yep, exactly, both sad and simultaneously happy if that’s possible.

Now let me tap into my false hope for a while that we can ever be really good again, I mean REALLY good. but whether or not that ever happens again, just simply want a guy that instills more and better discipline, a guy who makes better decisions, especially game time decisions, to let us maximize our chances here of being successful, given all the well-known obstacles.

Welcome to the New World of college athletics.

The first question a prospective HC is going to ask is ‘what is the budget for NIL for player acquisition and retention’?

If the answer is not to the candidate’s liking, they will move on.

Bottom line, if you care about the program and want to get a good candidate, you should write a check to an SU NIL collective today and help position the university better to get a good coach.

Universities cannot pay for NIL. This is something only boosters can provide. We are competing directly with lots of other schools in this area and this is actually a time when all of us can make a significant impact..

This is one of the most pivotal moments in SU football history.

Put up or shut up time.

That’s fair , I thought at the very least he should have been on the sidelines next week though.
I can see Dino saying no thanks. In his mind he’s done nothing wrong in 8 years. I’m also guessing he walks out without a presser.

Thamel usually knows what he's talking about, so disappointed not to see Chadwell or Mullen on there-They'd be slam dunks. I like White, but think he is a tough sell now as a DC of a 5-6 team. I also hope Wildhack doesn't force an SU alum hire like Austin, who has been out of the college game for a while.

Well, he'd have to find a new way to kill a kid since we don't do towers inside the Dome.

I thought that was Brian Kelly, when he was at Notre Dame.

Comparing Oregon and Syracuse is completely disingenuous. Oregon has tremendous support and in many ways is a plant and play situation. The resources at Syracuse aren’t in the same league as a program like Oregon.

- Competitive NIL (this is on the community not the university).
- Competitive salary pool for assistants and support staff.
- Competitive recruiting budget.

Although these resources have improved in recent years, they are still NOT competitive on a national level.

Until those three things change…. Wash, rinse, repeat.
And to be fair JW recognizes these issues and is trying to fix. The school knows athletics is important to the overall brand. They will invest with peer schools and will be competitive. Now who is a peer is a good argument but there’s no reason we shouldn’t be outspending and beating peer schools regularly. We’re not doing that right now on the field, hence the change.

Didn't have this on the bingo card.

View attachment 233411

I called Campaneli as the interim coach weeks ago. Score one for me I found the nut.

Bring It Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Is the firing official? Press conference?

I can see Dino saying no thanks. In his mind he’s done nothing wrong in 8 years. I’m also guessing he walks out without a presser.
You know a completely different Dino Babers then the one I know. My daughter had a chance meeting with the Babers awhile back. Nothing but class . Humble and affable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom