Back for my third year... | Syracusefan.com

Back for my third year...

WaHoos4Me

Scout Team
Haven't had much of an opportunity to see you guys play this year, but seems as though your team, if they can find a big man, will give a lot of teams a fight. I thought Cooney was gone last year, but I see I am mistaken. Still don't think much of his shot or of the decisions he sometimes (most of the time) makes. Won't say much for now, as I don't know the team, but I'll be following more closely. Good luck to you guys ...

And even the visitor from another board gets in a few shots at Cooney. :eek:
Hey, I'm just stating what I've seen of him in prior seasons and the one 1/2 game I've caught this year... He seems to get away from fundamental basketball, and unknown to me left "uncoached"? Guy can hit the jumper if he's set, but he RARELY gets set... I know it has to be even more frustrating to you... But I do like 'Cuse, as long as they aren't impacting UVa...

Hey, I'm just stating what I've seen of him in prior seasons and the one 1/2 game I've caught this year... He seems to get away from fundamental basketball, and unknown to me left "uncoached"? Guy can hit the jumper if he's set, but he RARELY gets set... I know it has to be even more frustrating to you... But I do like 'Cuse, as long as they aren't impacting UVa...

Cooney had to take alot of tough shots last year he was our only pull up guy off the dribble outside of rak. Some of those nba guys tend to dribble left or right then pull up

Last edited:
Cooney is a very controversial player here. There are dozens of threads saying more or less what you did but often far less politely. Don't let that post keep you from posting. I think the reaction to you wasn't anger so much as bemusement.

Cooney is a very controversial player here. There are dozens of threads saying more or less what you did but often far less politely. Don't let that post keep you from posting. I think the reaction to you wasn't anger so much as bemusement.
That sums it up perfectly. The bemusement well never runs dry for me on this board.

couchburn
Didn't let it bother me... I'm not one to come on and pile on an opposing teams player... well, unless you play for Duke or Maryland... then it's all fair game...

couchburn
Didn't let it bother me... I'm not one to come on and pile on an opposing teams player... well, unless you play for Duke or Maryland... then it's all fair game...
I used to despise K. Used to say Coach Ratface couldn't even pronounce his last name right. But oddly enough, our new familiarity in the ACC has not bred more contempt but less. Duke still gets calls, but not as many, or perhaps the refs are just always horrid no matter who plays. Even Dickie V doesn't slobber over them as much..The Duke students, however, are as abhorrent as ever. Still, the ACC team I'm hating on the most is the cheaters at NC. Especially if they don't get punished severely for far more egregious violations than we ever committed. I understand if you disagree.

I used to despise K. Used to say Coach Ratface couldn't even pronounce his last name right. But oddly enough, our new familiarity in the ACC has not bred more contempt but less. Duke still gets calls, but not as many, or perhaps the refs are just always horrid no matter who plays. Even Dickie V doesn't slobber over them as much..The Duke students, however, are as abhorrent as ever. Still, the ACC team I'm hating on the most is the cheaters at NC. Especially if they don't get punished severely for far more egregious violations than we ever committed. I understand if you disagree.
Can't and won't disagree with you... I think UNCheat deserves the most stringent of penalties, up to and perhaps even, the "death penalty". Yes, I know the repercussions that go with the once used penalty; but UNCheat has done nothing but puff out their chest and defy the NCAA to touch them... It's disgusting favoritism carte blanche. But, I still can't find as much disdain and utter disregard for them as I do the aforementioned Puke and Turtle school.

Can't and won't disagree with you... I think UNCheat deserves the most stringent of penalties, up to and perhaps even, the "death penalty". Yes, I know the repercussions that go with the once used penalty; but UNCheat has done nothing but puff out their chest and defy the NCAA to touch them... It's disgusting favoritism carte blanche. But, I still can't find as much disdain and utter disregard for them as I do the aforementioned Puke and Turtle school.
It's like our posters who will always hate Uconn and Gtown There's even a running thread hating on Rutgers on the football board and how irrelevant are they???

It's like our posters who will always hate Uconn and Gtown There's even a running thread hating on Rutgers on the football board and how irrelevant are they???
If you were in Manley for the last game there against Georgetown you're allowed to always have irrational hatred for Big John and that program.;)

If you were in Manley for the last game there against Georgetown you're allowed to always have irrational hatred for Big John and that program.;)
I'm not sure I'd even call that hatred irrational!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom