Band Recommendation: Rival Sons | Syracusefan.com

Band Recommendation: Rival Sons

iommi

Living Legend
Guys...I wanted to recommend a band. They are called Rival Sons. They are out of California. If you like bands like Zeppelin and the Black Crowes, they are right up your alley. They kick all kinds of ass. They are a 4-piece (singer, guitar, bass and drums) and their singer has an amazing voice. He has the range of Robert Plant and a ton of soul.

Rival Sons have three albums out...their most recent one is entitled, "Head Down." The one before it was "Pressure & Time." It seems that they've really taken off in Europe and have been playing headlining shows to sold out audiences and they are just starting to take off in the states. Jimmy Page is a big fan and was at one of their shows recently, where he bought their albums (on vinyl!) at the merchandise booth like your average fan.

The crazy thing about Rival Sons is they sound like a classic band from the 70s...I mean their stuff would fit in perfectly on a classic rock station alongside Zeppelin and The Who.

Check out the song, "Keep on Swinging," which was a single off "Head Down," to get an idea of what they're all about.

The song recommended above. Currently listening.

Good call Iommi... I can rock out to them
They're amazing...they're all over youtube if you want to check out other songs...the singer is so soulful. Listen to "Only One"---his voice is fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom