Basket Ball Report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Basket Ball Report

Ha. Or certainly pan seared. If it was deep fried then it was probably frozen first, prepackaged, from a Costco or something similar. :(

You're right - pan-seared would be good, too. A deep-fried crab cake is something I would expect at like the Mississippi State Fair, not a black tie event.

You're right - pan-seared would be good, too. A deep-fried crab cake is something I would expect at like the Mississippi State Fair, not a black tie event.

Yep. No doubt. Junkyard.

After a period of time, the VIP reception ended and we were herded to a large hall for the peasant reception. They had shrimp with cocktail sauce garnished with slices of lemon here. Also scallops wrapped in bacon and spanikopita. And some mini quiches. Quichi

Is it actually called the `peasant reception`?

Some other random things this old brain finally recalled:

Tim Brando said that he admires JB for his honesty and for being a pain in the axx because we all know he's our pain in the axx. He said tongue in cheek that JB asked him to host the event after the Georgetown loss and he figured if SU had won that Jim would probably would have asked someone else - probably an SU guy but that JB didn't want to ask an SU grad after that bad loss. (the crowd kind of moaned when even reminded of that game). Brando also emphasized that he respects that JB isn't one of the numerous "buttoned up coaches carrying an attache who have their own entourage". Brando also introduced his wife who had a major heart attack this past November. Nice to see she's recuperated so well that she could attend.

JB said that James' career reflected the virtue of patience, waiting his turn while continuing to work and improve. He added if James hadn't been on the team this year , we never would have had the great season we did. He said that James single handedly carried us in the Big East tournament.

JB praised Brandon and how the local kids from JD like Brandon, Dajuan , Andy etc continue to be so important to our teams. He then said they had great coaching at JD where his kids also attend and where they WILL play in the future (lots of laughs when he said that). He said otherwise when he does retire he just might decide to coach basketball at JD.

JB also gave well earned props to his assistants and all they did for the team.

Hmmm wonder if JD will have a guest coach in a few years teaching the Zone?

Nothing like reading this post at dinner time!! The descriptions of the food were so excellent that I had to wonder if you write restaurant reviews or something. All of the reviewers, Tom, Joyce and Cherie gave such a nice feeling for the night. I would love to attend some day. Just a little far from Phoenix. In the meatime, I will have to live vicariously through each of you. Thanks for the reports.

Great posts by everyone who attended. I planned on attending, but I had to bow out at the last minute. Was happy to give my tickets away to a worthy SU couple. Great reading these recaps though. Thanks again.

The Whispers were "too loud". That was funny.

"The dark clouds surrounding the program have gotten noticeably lighter in recent weeks. It appears there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an incoming train."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I interepreted this to mean that people in the know are feeling better about the NCAA investigation. That's very good news indeed (assuming my interpretation is correct). I'm surprised no one else has commented on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom