Battle and OB | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Battle and OB

Nice big gold star for you then.

What did he say that was so wrong in your opinion? As I remember, he never said our previous guys wouldn't go in the first round, just that they might not get in the rotation immediately and it got some people worked up. Now he's being more positive with Battle and you're acting like he's a total idiot.

JB pumping up Tyus stock is good.

Especially if JB knows the kid is gone or likely gone.
It shows Tyus and all his players he has their back and wants them to get drafted.
What JB did with Ennis or McCollough was wrong.

What did he say that was so wrong in your opinion? As I remember, he never said our previous guys wouldn't go in the first round, just that they might not get in the rotation immediately and it got some people worked up. Now he's being more positive with Battle and you're acting like he's a total idiot.

He said McCullough wouldn't when he said ESPN didn't have a team. He went on PTI and crapped on Ennis and has made numerous comments on other players as well.

I'm not saying the guy is an idiot but he probably shouldn't talk about the draft because he either forgets what he's said in the past or really doesn't know what he's talking about.

It shouldn't be shocking why Battle isn't projected higher, it's been discussed at many levels on this board.

JB said Battle would be an NBA player before he played a single game at SU, so at least he is being consistent.

JB pumping up Tyus stock is good.

Especially if JB knows the kid is gone or likely gone.
It shows Tyus and all his players he has their back and wants them to get drafted.
What JB did with Ennis or McCollough was wrong.

That's all I'm saying too. After so many criticized what he said about Ennis, Malachi, McCullough, at least he has the guy's back this time, but some people insist on criticizing him either way.

I fully expect next year's team to not include Battle or Brisset.

I don't have any insider info on this, I just assume players are going to jump early based on our recent history.

Where in god's name is Oshae Brissett going? I know people say this every year, but my goodness. Never have I ever seen someone get blocked more in my life. Oshae would by far be the most "least" ready NBA player we've gotten drafted in the last decade.

And yes, I understand the NBA and the draft more than most on this board.

In the end, who cares? Well I can see many here do but I don't get why. What Boeheim says is immaterial. Scouts aren't tuning in to listen to whether Jimmy feels they are ready or not. That's there job.

I think JB has learned a bit from past experiences and is trying to build up his guys professional stock instead of tear it down like he did with McCullough, Grant, and Lydon.
Never understood why he did that. Bitter old man attitude, which literally hurts everyone. He should have recognized they were going regardless, and been upset behind closed doors. The higher they went the better for the program. Here's the thing, it doesn't matter that he was right, and usually is. Not sure he has ever understood having a filter. You can say the media is annoying and biased, but you can also play the game for your own benefit. Being an antagonist is not the best way to be successful when your success is based on recruiting. Certain coaches like Cal embraced this, and have benefitted from it.

He said McCullough wouldn't when he said ESPN didn't have a team. He went on PTI and crapped on Ennis and has made numerous comments on other players as well.

I'm not saying the guy is an idiot but he probably shouldn't talk about the draft because he either forgets what he's said in the past or really doesn't know what he's talking about.

It shouldn't be shocking why Battle isn't projected higher, it's been discussed at many levels on this board.

I'll take the talent evaluation of someone who has worked with Team USA for multiple Olympics and worked with the cream of the crop over that of someone on a message board. McCullough's own camp thought he needed to come back for another year to prove what kind of talent he could be post surgery. He's already in the last year of his rookie deal and his option may not be picked up.

I'll take the talent evaluation of someone who has worked with Team USA for multiple Olympics and worked with the cream of the crop over that of someone on a message board. McCullough's own camp thought he needed to come back for another year to prove what kind of talent he could be post surgery. He's already in the last year of his rookie deal and his option may not be picked up.

Yawn.

Battle might get first round money and then never been seen or heard from again in the NBA, like almost all of our guys.
If Oshae leaves, he will have to sit out a year before he plays for his next college team...although, I can see him leaving after NEXT year if he makes a typical Frosh to Soph jump.

Never understood why he did that. Bitter old man attitude, which literally hurts everyone. He should have recognized they were going regardless, and been upset behind closed doors. The higher they went the better for the program. Here's the thing, it doesn't matter that he was right, and usually is. Not sure he has ever understood having a filter. You can say the media is annoying and biased, but you can also play the game for your own benefit. Being an antagonist is not the best way to be successful when your success is based on recruiting. Certain coaches like Cal embraced this, and have benefitted from it.

save that cranky stuff your good pal johnny walker and his brothers blackie and red . not espn.
just speak it alone. with nobody else.

Last edited:
Where in god's name is Oshae Brissett going? I know people say this every year, but my goodness. Never have I ever seen someone get blocked more in my life. Oshae would by far be the most "least" ready NBA player we've gotten drafted in the last decade.

And yes, I understand the NBA and the draft more than most on this board.

I know he's long and can jump high, but the dude is shooting 34.9% on 2 pointers. You never know, people leave college for many reasons, but I really can't see this one.

Seriously, 34.9% on 2 pointers. How?

I know he's long and can jump high, but the dude is shooting 34.9% on 2 pointers.
To be fair, he is shooting 37.7% on 3s. What's his upside if he learns how to finish 2s next season? Mid-1st next year? If an NBA team wants to gamble, taking him in the early 2nd this season and spend a year teaching him how to finish in traffic, then they get a mid-first rounder, a little earlier, for the price & contract of a 2nd rounder. Most of those 2nd round picks don't pan out anyway, so no real loss if he never makes it out of the G-league.

those are cooney like numbers. senior year he was .339 % inside the arc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom