Battle's Deadline | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Battle's Deadline

"I'm not f__king leaving!!"
-Tyus Battle
Battle.gif

*I can't fully take credit for this, as a friend of mine created it.

Attachments

• 1527716940434.png
    1527716940434.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 23
This backcourt is going to be sick!
This changes the whole roster. I really believe that Tyus was more than willing and capable of distributing more last year, but the guys around were either not offensive threats or not YET ready offensively. This year our guys will be ready.

I thought that team was going to win it all.

Yeah, they looked NC caliber much of the year. Peaked a bit early and got a bad draw in the tourney. I thought we were clearly better than 2 of the 4 final four teams: UNC and Wisconsin who we beat by 20 or so. On the same level as Florida and Michigan State and could’ve beaten either on any given day.

2000. All 5 starters from 1999 didn’t start in 2000 as Griffin was replaced by Bland in the lineup. But all 5 were back - Hart, Griffin, Brown, Blackwell, Thomas.

We did in 2004-2005.

It’s understanable why you’d forget that.

Deff conflicted I am sure. Also severely hinders the chances he will be a one and done
He can play either guard spot, but in the PG role (that he was recruited for), Carey was backing up a senior anyway. Not sure this changes the calculus for him. Hughes, OTOH, is in a different spot ... looking at less PT but also less pressure. Anyway you slice it, we have lots of options and it helps everyone to play on a contender.

Last edited:
Isn't this better than Tyus gone but having Darius?

I'm not sure. cant convince myself one way or another. I might lean to baz only because of the players we have at each position excluding battle or baz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom