Battle's Deadline | Syracusefan.com

Battle's Deadline

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
I guess the onus of an announcement - is only if he withdraws his name right?

He's already declared for the draft and tomorrow is the withdrawal deadline. You dont really have to announce not withdrawing right? So we could just hit the deadline and know he's gone.

I mean he doesn't have to make an announcement but if imagine he would want to make one.

If he's working out for the Lakers today [per that Twitter report], then that would suggest he's staying in the draft vs. having made the decision to withdraw.

If he's working out for the Lakers today [per that Twitter report], then that would suggest he's staying in the draft vs. having made the decision to withdraw.

Why? A bunch of guys have workouts for teams today. His workout today doesn't mean he's made his mind up to stay in - even if he does stay in.

Why? A bunch of guys have workouts for teams today. His workout today doesn't mean he's made his mind up to stay in - even if he does stay in.

A bunch of guys have announced that they're withdrawing from the draft today, too. Tyus hasn't -- and he's working out for a team.

I'm not claiming this is indisputable evidence -- just reading the tea leaves.

A bunch of guys have announced that they're withdrawing from the draft today, too. Tyus hasn't -- and he's working out for a team.

Which is fair - I just don't think it's all that crazy to workout for a team today, take it all in, and decide tomorrow. Look at the lakers work outs today - I don't think all those guys stay in. But who knows

Hopefully just trying to milk every last second out of the opportunity, but agree, I'm not holding out much hope.

Rothstein announced 3 or 4 guys who I assumed most of not all worked out for teams today just pulled out of draft in the last 45 min.

The Lakers visit was scheduled. It wasn’t like a spur of the moment visit. It means little to nothing. On stay or go. For both sides of argument so he certainly can still stay in draft.

Who cares if it was spur of the moment? The deadline is tomorrow. He could have pulled out at any point in between when he declared and now, and he hasn't. That, coupled with the fact that he worked out for a team today, suggests (and I emphasize "suggests") that he staying in the draft.

People can point to other factors, but the fact that he ostensibly received tepid feedback and still has withdrawn is a pretty good indication of where he's leaning, regardless of what some might like to believe.

Last edited:
Who cares if it was spur of the moment? The deadline is tomorrow. He could have pulled out at any point in between when he declared and now, and he hasn't. That, coupled with the fact that he worked out for a team today, suggests (and I emphasize "suggests") that he staying in the draft.

People can point to other factors, but the fact that he ostensibly received tepid feedback and still has withdrawn is a pretty good indication of where he's leaning, regardless of what some might like to believe.

The point being that workout WAS scheduled! Why would he pull out before the deadline until he completes his SCHEDULED workouts? That makes absolutely ZERO sense. None whatsoever. It literally means nothing either way.

This is from May 25. So we knew on May 25 that he would not announce either way until at least May 29 evening.

Ex-Wildcat Dusan Ristic meets 'childhood heroes,' scheduled to work out for Lakers | Arizona Wildcats basketball | tucson.com

Tyus has planned for two years to declare for the NBA draft after his sophomore year. There isn’t much secrecy hear. He will stay in the draft unless his parents have a major say in his decision. From what we know about his parents, I’m sure they will let Tyus make the ultimate decision. As SU fans, we shouldn’t hold our breath thinking he’s coming back.

Tyus has planned for two years to declare for the NBA draft after his sophomore year. There isn’t much secrecy hear. He will stay in the draft unless his parents have a major say in his decision. From what we know about his parents, I’m sure they will let Tyus make the ultimate decision. As SU fans, we shouldn’t hold our breath thinking he’s coming back.

I said this in the other thread- i agree with you he stays in. but from a logistical standpoint, i feel like someone needs to be reminding him how weak the draft class is next year. He stays one more year...takes the NBA feedback to heart (which is in theory a valuable upside to the entire "do the process, dont sign an agent" strategy), improves one or two areas based on it. Maybe he becomes a real, albeit late 1st rounder, or at least a guaranteed 2. Right now I am worried he may slip into UDFA territory.

The point being that workout WAS scheduled! Why would he pull out before the deadline until he completes his SCHEDULED workouts? That makes absolutely ZERO sense. None whatsoever. It literally means nothing either way.

This is from May 25. So we knew on May 25 that he would not announce either way until at least May 29 evening.

Ex-Wildcat Dusan Ristic meets 'childhood heroes,' scheduled to work out for Lakers | Arizona Wildcats basketball | tucson.com
Okay, Lloyd Christmas.

EDIT -- look, I hope he comes back. Maybe there's something to the "I want to be a part of something great" sentiment expressed by Oshae / Carey early this offseason. Maybe the lukewarm feedback he's gotten by going through this process will induce him to come back. Maybe his parents will convince him to come back in order to graduate / challenge him to improve his draft stock. Maybe Tyus will decide that he simply enjoys the college experience and having 30000 fans cheer for him more than the prospect of playing in front of 300 at a g-league arena. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

The one thing we do know is that he hasn't removed himself from contention yet [confirmed as of last night, BTW]. There isn't much sand left in the hour glass.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom