BC Gameday... | Syracusefan.com

BC Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FifyGiLXEAc9J3M

Let’s get this dub and finish on a high note.

6-0 was a wild ride.

Maybe we ran into a brick wall, but got to pick ourselves up, dust off and get back at it.

Seven wins is a good year right now.

Will this be Sean Tucker’s last game? It’s certainly possible.

I wish we would either pick Pitt or BC to be our permanent last game on the schedule for rivalry week every year. BC would be nice.

I wish we would either pick Pitt or BC to be our permanent last game on the schedule for rivalry week every year. BC would be nice.
HATE those games to end the year. Having been to BC three times Thanksgiving weekend for "rivalry" games, nothing screams excitement more than a game sitting on ice covered bleachers watching at least team play out the string on a meaningless season with no students on campus and no excitement in the crowd.
Open the season every year with BC when the energy and optimism is through the roof.
Not to mention Boston for Labor Day weekend every other year would be pretty sweet,

Will this be Sean Tucker’s last game? It’s certainly possible.
As much as I hate to think about it, it is certainly a possibility. We are likely headed to a bowl that is the football equivalent of that basketball tournament that is below the NIT. Depending upon what kind of opponent we face, it may not be worth it to him to risk further injury. Not sure if there are stipulations about bowl participation in his NIL contract or not.

I keep coming back to the fact that he was openly critical of how he was (or wasn't) used in the final game of last year. Depending upon whether he was similarly unhappy with how he was used for a certain amount of this year, he could simply decide to chuck the whole thing and get ready for his pre-draft workouts. Hope not, don't want to even think about it, but...

HATE those games to end the year. Having been to BC three times Thanksgiving weekend for "rivalry" games, nothing screams excitement more than a game sitting on ice covered bleachers watching at least team play out the string on a meaningless season with no students on campus and no excitement in the crowd.
Open the season every year with BC when the energy and optimism is through the roof.
Not to mention Boston for Labor Day weekend every other year would be pretty sweet,
I hear you but the flip side to that is we need to add at least a little bit of heat to either the Pitt or BC rival. Many of us desire for a true rival, this would help that. Especially considering most of FBS is participating in rivalry week as well.

Game 1 might be too early. But ACC game 1 works, which will typically be end of September.

I don't like playing Pitt late either. Rather play them October every year.

As to TG weekend I rather rotate between Wake, Miami, and Duke. Let BC-Pitt play TG weekend.

As much as I hate to think about it, it is certainly a possibility. We are likely headed to a bowl that is the football equivalent of that basketball tournament that is below the NIT. Depending upon what kind of opponent we face, it may not be worth it to him to risk further injury. Not sure if there are stipulations about bowl participation in his NIL contract or not.

I keep coming back to the fact that he was openly critical of how he was (or wasn't) used in the final game of last year. Depending upon whether he was similarly unhappy with how he was used for a certain amount of this year, he could simply decide to chuck the whole thing and get ready for his pre-draft workouts. Hope not, don't want to even think about it, but...
I think what you described would take a deal out of the realm of NIL and into "pay to play" which wouldn't be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom