BC Gameday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BC Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you but the flip side to that is we need to add at least a little bit of heat to either the Pitt or BC rival. Many of us desire for a true rival, this would help that. Especially considering most of FBS is participating in rivalry week as well.

Don't see it happening. And you cannot force it. And which of the 2 do you chose?

These are the TG weekend ACC games...

FSU vs Florida
GA Tech vs UGA
Clemson vs South Carolina
Louisville vs Kentucky
UNC vs NC State
UVA vs VA Tech

Which leaves SU, BC, Duke, Pitt, Miami, Wake. If you are not willing to rotate, then you are left with...

Duke vs Wake
BC vs Miami
SU vs Pitt

Those are the only yearly matchups that work.

Don't see it happening. And you cannot force it. And which of the 2 do you chose?

These are the TG weekend ACC games...

FSU vs Florida
GA Tech vs UGA
Clemson vs South Carolina
Louisville vs Kentucky
UNC vs NC State
UVA vs VA Tech

Which leaves SU, BC, Duke, Pitt, Miami, Wake. If you are not willing to rotate, then you are left with...

Duke vs Wake
BC vs Miami
SU vs Pitt

Those are the only yearly matchups that work.
SU vs Pitt would work, we’ve played them more than any other team historically. But they have PSU in state even though it’s OOC. So even though they don’t play them, that kind of prevents us from ever being their bigger rival.

BC would be better, they do have the ND thing but I think this would be our best chance at a rival. Either way, both have recruiting implications.

We can’t complain about not having a rival but then not be prepared to do what is needed to fix the problem.

SU vs Pitt would work, we’ve played them more than any other team historically. But they have PSU in state even though it’s OOC. So even though they don’t play them, that kind of prevents us from ever being their bigger rival.

BC would be better, they do have the ND thing but I think this would be our best chance at a rival. Either way, both have recruiting implications.

We can’t complain about not having a rival but then not be prepared to do what is needed to fix the problem.

Do people complain that we don't have a rival?

Pitt will always hate Penn State and West Virginia more.

If we played BC every year to end the season, then Miami would need to rotate their last game between Duke, Wake, and Pitt. And if Miami is rotating that game, I want SU in that rotation.

If we played BC every year to end the season, then Miami would need to rotate their last game between Duke, Wake, and Pitt. And if Miami is rotating that game, I want SU in that rotation.
Yes many do, very often on this board. Miami is not our concern, the ACC can figure that out. Why can’t FSU be their annual rival? Or does FSU always play Florida? Again, not our concern though.

Rivalries are good for football programs, not sure why anyone would argue against this. The ACC obviously is going in this direction with dedicated rivalries as well.

Yes many do, very often on this board. Miami is not our concern, the ACC can figure that out. Why can’t FSU be their annual rival? Or does FSU always play Florida? Again, not our concern though.

Rivalries are good for football programs, not sure why anyone would argue against this. The ACC obviously is going in this direction with dedicated rivalries as well.

Miami is not our concern. The point is I rather play at Miami once every four years TG weekend over playing at BC twice every 4 years TG weekend. In fact if you want BC as a rival you are better off playing them in September. We will get 1/4 of the stadium full of SU fans. In November if we are really good we will have people show up. But a year like this season, no one cares enough.

ACC isn't going in any direction. Those games are all traditional games. The ACC isn't creating them.

You cannot create a rivalry. We do not have a single rival. We have conference rivals. That won't likely ever change.

Is the BC QB Jurkevic (spelling?) still injured and unable to play?

Miami is not our concern. The point is I rather play at Miami once every four years TG weekend over playing at BC twice every 4 years TG weekend. In fact if you want BC as a rival you are better off playing them in September. We will get 1/4 of the stadium full of SU fans. In November if we are really good we will have people show up. But a year like this season, no one cares enough.

ACC isn't going in any direction. Those games are all traditional games. The ACC isn't creating them.

You cannot create a rivalry. We do not have a single rival. We have conference rivals. That won't likely ever change.
Agree to disagree, my position is playing BC every year or rivalry weekend will help build up the rivalry. I see no harm in doing this.

It would have been great if we got Miami as an annual opponent and not FSU. They probably agree to make the game Thanksgiving weekend every year against us since they have noone to play every year and they haven't played us at all really since their glory days. No way they give BC that scheduling advantage going into cold weather that would be asinine of them. Remember the biggest home field advantage in the NFL is the Dolphins early in the year 1pm games making the opponent's sideline face the sun.

BC screwed us (again) taking them.

Pitt isn't in the same conference as those 2. WVU would probably give them an annual game this weekend if Pitt was up for it. I think Clemson should try and play UGA this weekend instead of SCe. That is the team/fanbase they really dislike and care about.

I don't think there is enough juice to lock in Pitt or BC this weekend and the game falls this weekend so often it almost feels like we play both of them last game of the year annually.

Agree to disagree, my position is playing BC every year or rivalry weekend will help build up the rivalry. I see no harm in doing this.

I think it would hurt the rivalry.

You need to have meaningful games, which isn't likely to happen with BC. We will never both be good at the same time where we are playing for an ACC CG appearance.

You need to have fans interacting. BC has no fans. That is a problem. And our fans are less likely to show up to road games TG weekend vs Columbus weekend.

You cannot force a rivalry. But if you are going to try then Pitt is 100x better as the choice.

It would have been great if we got Miami as an annual opponent and not FSU. They probably agree to make the game Thanksgiving weekend every year against us since they have noone to play every year and they haven't played us at all really since their glory days. No way they give BC that scheduling advantage going into cold weather that would be asinine of them. Remember the biggest home field advantage in the NFL is the Dolphins early in the year 1pm games making the opponent's sideline face the sun.

BC screwed us (again) taking them.

Pitt isn't in the same conference as those 2. WVU would probably give them an annual game this weekend if Pitt was up for it. I think Clemson should try and play UGA this weekend instead of SCe. That is the team/fanbase they really dislike and care about.

I don't think there is enough juice to lock in Pitt or BC this weekend and the game falls this weekend so often it almost feels like we play both of them last game of the year annually.

That is a good point about Miami. They should be pushing to rotate SU, Duke, Wake as their end of year games. Let Pitt and BC play TG every year.

Edit

Or Miami should be pushing to swap BC/SU with FSU. That way Miami ends every year with SU, BC ends with Pitt, and Duke ends with Wake.

I think it would hurt the rivalry.

You need to have meaningful games, which isn't likely to happen with BC. We will never both be good at the same time where we are playing for an ACC CG appearance.

You need to have fans interacting. BC has no fans. That is a problem. And our fans are less likely to show up to road games TG weekend vs Columbus weekend.

You cannot force a rivalry. But if you are going to try then Pitt is 100x better as the choice.
Their fans are indeed non existent, I’ll give you that.

Game 1 might be too early. But ACC game 1 works, which will typically be end of September.

I don't like playing Pitt late either. Rather play them October every year.

As to TG weekend I rather rotate between Wake, Miami, and Duke. Let BC-Pitt play TG weekend.
None of the northern teams should be home Thanksgiving weekend.

Is the BC QB Jurkevic (spelling?) still injured and unable to play?
Yeah I am guessing that even if he is healthy enough to play, they would go with the freshman kid anyway. Jurko is likely focused on getting to 100% for the Combine and BC is looking at the kid as their potential starter next year so get him all the experience he can get

Their fans are indeed non existent, I’ll give you that.

Also keep in mind...

UNC's #1 football rival is UVA, yet they do not play each other end of year. And Duke is ahead of NC State as well. Yet UNC plays NC State, UVA plays VA Tech, and Duke has rotated recently.

Miami's biggest rival is FSU, yet they have been stuck with Pitt lately.

Wake's is UNC yet they don't even play yearly.

There isn't a single ACC end of year game where both teams are playing their main rival.

Well looks like I’m going to bed early, FU acc
Use the link i gave you, sign up for ESPN+ and you can watch the game on your streaming device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom