bcs level | Syracusefan.com

bcs level

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
Okay, on a 1 to 10 level, with 10 being great and 1 being terrible, break down our units
QB
RB
Wideouts
Tight Ends
DE's
Dt's
Linebackers
db's

QB - 4
RB - 8
WR - 5
TE - 6
OL - 6
DE - 4
DT - 7
LB - 6
DB - 8

QB- 2
RB- 9
WR- 5
TE- 7
OL-6
DE- 2
DL- 7
LB - 7
DB- 8
S - 5
K/P - 2

QB - 3- Loeb, Kinder, and Hunt are all unknown and have to show they are better than sub-par before I will believe it.
RB - 8 Smith and PTG are studs, but each has 1 flaw that prevents this from being higher Smith doesn't have breakaway speed, and PTG seems to be injury prone.
WR - 5 we have middle of the road of WRs and until we see Funderburke I won't believe we are much better than average. Losing Sales and Lemon will be hard to replace.
TE - 6 I have no idea how good Thompson, or Provo will be, but they were fairly recruited as 4 star and 2 star recruits.
OL - 6 I think our OL was a 9-10 last year and will probably be slightly above average next year.
DE - 3 weakest spot other an QB on the roster, this program NEEDS to find a DE desperately its the most important college position behind QB IMO and is why the SEC dominates in college football, and I don't see anybody on the roster who is proven with the loss of Sharpe and MPB.
DT - 8 Jay Bromley was the most underrated player in the Big East last year. The dude WON us games the Pitt and Missouri games come to mind right away. If he plays as well this year we are talking 1st or 2nd round NFL pick he is a stud, and with the depth and the debut of Raymon we could have a real good DL.
LB - 7 we have 3 solid starters for a BCS program, I don't know about depth but he have starters to play at a high level.
DB - 7 Lyn and Reddish are the best tandem we have had in a long time. Lyn really won more over with his increased play of the 2nd half of the year. I am okay with Anderson as a 3rd DB, but having Lyn and Reddish start at CB is awesome, and I think we will have a hard time replacing S. Thomas, but I like W. Morgan's chances to develop into that nasty safety like Thomas.

Okay, on a 1 to 10 level, with 10 being great and 1 being terrible, break down our units
QB
RB
Wideouts
Tight Ends
DE's
Dt's
Linebackers
db's
QBs: 3 (right now, with Allen and the frosh, goes to a 5)
RBs: 7.5
WRs: 3
TEs: 5 (if Sugar Bear is healthy and the fast kid is really a player, goes up in fall)
OL: 7

DTs: 9
DEs: 3 (no real pass rushers on team)
LBs: 5
DBs: 7.5 (undersized but experienced)
STs: 6 (if Estime is eligible and half as good as his tape indicates, will rise in fall)

QB- 4
RB- 9 (At least 2 future NFL RB's)
WR- 6
TE- 6
OL-6
DE- 4
DT- 9 (Bromley future NFL DT, likely others)
LB - 8 (Spruill future NFL LB, ton of depth)
CB- 8 (2 future NFL CB's, possibly more)
S - 5 (young talent, upperclass steady but not spectacular)
ST - 6

If we can get QB, DE, and S to 6 or higher we'll be playing in a major bowl and possibly compete for the ACC title.​

QB - 5
RB - 8
Wideouts - 6
Tight Ends - 6
OL - 6.5
DE's - 5
Dt's - 7.5
Linebackers - 7
db's - 7.5

QB - 2 [with the potential to raise to 7 if Drew Allen is the real deal]
RB- 8
WR- 4 [with the potential to raise to a 7 if Funderburk is a difference marker, Kobena bounces back from injury, and West steps up]
TE- 6 [big fan of Wales--what does the kid from Michigan or Parris bring to the table?]
OL- 5 [with the potential to raise to a 7 if they find a legit right tackle]
DE- 4 [Robinson / Welsh are solid, but might not excel as pass rushers. What will Trejo bring to the table? Losing MPB hurts]
DT- 7
LB- 8 [Can LA step into Diabate's shoes and demonstrate the same speed / nose for the ball?]
DB- 5 [with the potential to raise to a 7. Love the talent / depth at CB, but we have some holes at safety]

QB- 6.5 with Allen (I'd be shocked if Allen didn't start. He has more talent/skills, is more mature/confident/experienced by virtue of being a Sr. than any Hunt or Kimble, has been in a winning top level program, has more in game experience, and its a new offense thus no one has more reps than him) -- How many QB's in the ACC will perform better than him? (Boyd, maybe Morris at Miami and Renner at UNC) He has the chance to step in and be the 2nd best QB in the conference and I'm guessing he will be above average for FBS. A lot depends on the line, but with the RB stable taking pressure off him and the line, that helps incredibly.

RB- 7.5 Quantity is great and rivals best backfields in the country for depth (Smith, PTG, Morris, AAM and don't forget Provo at FB unless he redshirts), but the true top end quality back is missing. Jerome Smith isn't the same as TJ Yeldon at Bama or Kadeem Carey at Arizona or Lache Seastruck at Oregon, or Todd Gurley at Georgia.
WR- 4 I'm truly hoping some kids step up huge. I'm disappointed huge by Funderburke not impressing in spring practices this year. He and Fleming, Clark, West, Broyld and Kobena have to step up and fill huge holes.
TE- 8 Beckett Wales is great and I can't wait for Sugar Bear to get in there and do his damage. Those 2 are way above average together for TEs.
OL-6 We've got experience and depth and I hope it pans out. Critical spot as everyone knows.
DE- 4 Its below average, but not totally absent. Raymon as a transfer is a huge help here with Welsh and Manley.
DL- 8 Bromley, Jones, Sloan and Williams are all well above average and this depth is better than most FBS level teams.
LB - 7.5 Lots of experience and talent on the 2 deep. I love our starters and the 2nd tier at each spot fills me with hope too, particularly Luke backing up at MLB. More than that, the scheme is awesome for LBs.
DB- 7 These guys are now very experienced and deep.

The defense as a whole has a chance to be special. Only clearly better defenses are probably Florida State and Va Tech with Clemson and UNC pretty close to us.
Offense shouldn't be bad with our RB and TE corps and I'm expecting the o-line to be better than average in the ACC. If Allen or CL or Hunt comes through and does well, we could beat anyone in the ACC and should beat anyone except FSU and Clemson and maybe Georgia Tech.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom