Beck and swag OC and DC! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Beck and swag OC and DC!

It shows how bad this staff has been recruiting when everyone thinks Monroe is god’s gift to recruiting. He’s just average on a team that can’t recruit. Do you think he would still be here if he was killing it on the recruiting trail? The SEC and Big 10 would scarf hIm up in a heartbeat.
Bullsh8t!

Don't you ever get tired of posting the same thing over and over and over again.
Not when it comes to how bad recruiting has been under this coaching staff. Once again, dead last in the ACC. We must be the only team that can find under the radar players. It might be another reason why we can’t win in November with undersized ACC players.

Does Bob Ligashesky announce he's leaving tomorrow or does he wait until Monday?
Part of the game: this has nothing to do with SU but its related - I beg your indulgence.

You ladies and gentlemen have to realize that a football coach, especially one just beginning, is a transitional position. It’s that way because from grad assistant to assistant line coach to another position reaching for the top, football coaching at one school is temporary unless you have great success.

You are constantly on the move or being asked to go to another school because you are very good at what you do. Once you get there and have success you are getting calls at home to go to another school. There are so many coaches, a fraternity of sorts, that know each other or can connect you with another coach or AD. It’s an inherent part of being a football coach.

Coaching can however take its toll. You and especially your wife have to love the game and the moves or you shouldn’t be in the GAME.

My brother – in – law was and excellent tailback in high school and received a full ride to Delaware. From there he coached at Mountain Lakes H.S. in N.J. for 2 years then became HC at Central Dauphin HS in Harrisburgh, PA where they will not like it if you lose. He was there for 2 years, lost one game and they were ready to run him out of town. Which, he was ready to do anyway because college coaches were reaching out to him to come to their colleges/universities.

From there he went to William & Mary for 2 years then to Penn for 3. Just ask my sister how great it is moving every coaching change and up - rooting your kids from school and their friends.

Then they inherited a 500 acre apple and peach orchard in Six Mile, S.C., just outside Clemson. My sister became much happier and secretary to the chancellor at Clemson and Jim became a part time apple salesman eventually getting into raising and selling beef on that land.

I have great sympathy for the wives of coaches. They get to handle everything to do with packing up and moving. But, there is one saving grace. If you are a really good coach you get hired and get a long term contract you have that home stability that some of us humans long for.

It is, however, just part of the way the game of football coaching is played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom