Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

I hope you’re right. The best shot to right the ship is for Boeheim to go out the right way. He needs to set the table for the next guy. Convince players to stay and build on what we have is the way. For those who say he is inflexible, you’re right to a degree. However he has expanded the bench, rests everybody, and played some man.
Plays some man, really not enough to say so. I for one can't wait until he is gone.

The fact you're arguing with everyone with the position that Colgate is not good.

It makes me wonder how many of the fans okay with losing to Colgate are younger. Meaning they don't really know what SU hoops once was and only know the pale shell that has existed since the ACC.

I cannot imagine having been a fan through the 80's and 90's and thinking the current state of the program is okay. Maybe that is just me. *shrug*

Plays some man, really not enough to say so. I for one can't wait until he is gone.
We played man for most of the first game, some of the 2nd, and then for a little bit when we were getting rocked for the 4th straight game against GT, almost 4 months after we’d last played it in a game.

lol. Parts of 3 games = “played some man”.

easy. far from a "disgrace". Look around college sports plenty more disgraceful situations.

You have made your opinion known
No this is disgraceful for a top 10 all time program. #1 in attendance and fan support. Hard to think of any coach that has been given as many resources as JB over the last 50 years. In return we get to watch him gut the team to play his kids 40 mins/night and try to coach into his 80s even when the program struggles to stay above .500.

Indiana and UCLA never accepted anything like this when they were down. Its annoying we have a ceremony for something that happened 20 years that no current player remembers if they even were alive for it and now that means everyone involved in the basketball program should be allowed to keep their job out of sympathy.

I think the last 2 years are acceptable if they end now. Buddy/Jimmy season stings after a Sweet 16 but that run sort of justified why we went that route. OK. This year was the turn it around year that was owed for past performance. Slightly better than .500 not relevant team not really in line to improve next year.

ACC is the worst its ever been this is such a great opportunity to immediately jump start the program and give someone else a chance.

The rumor of the day is that they come out after our last game and say Jb has 1 final year and AA is the next Head Coach. This doesn't work in my opinion because our current players still leave and jb has a farewell tour he wouldn't want.

That lines up perfectly for AA to announce, in March 2024, that he has accepted a head coaching position elsewhere and Boeheim can step in to rescue the program after Autry’s “unexpected” departure.

Last edited:
To be fair to JB, his prediction we’d be a tournament team was predicated largely upon Williams making the leap.
Yeah, and let's "try" to be fair... had Benny made the leap that you would think someone of his talent would, we would be looking at the ACCT as a way to improve our NCAA tournament seed. Of course, this isn't all on Benny (hi, Chris!!), but that was a significant factor and challenge Jim had to deal with this year.

Maybe - change the “matchups” and use your athleticism and don’t let the slow team with weak ball handlers pass the ball around against zero pressure, and shoot open 3s?
Sure, maybe that’ll work, maybe it won’t. Who knows

The rumor of the day is that they come out after our last game and say Jb has 1 final year and AA is the next Head Coach. This doesn't work in my opinion because our current players still leave and jb has a farewell tour he wouldn't want.
Why? What’s the point? For what?

To be fair to JB, his prediction we’d be a tournament team was predicated largely upon Williams making the leap.
Which is weird since supposedly JB and Benny can’t stand each other.

easy. far from a "disgrace". Look around college sports plenty more disgraceful situations.

You have made your opinion known
I won’t use the word disgrace but honestly we under rated the name “Syracuse” nationally and that was built largely by JB but not being a national name recently was also built by JB.

Use what any word to describe the fall from grace but it’s ugly.

That lines up perfectly for AA to announce, in March 2024, that he has accepted a head coaching position elsewhere and Boeheim can step in to rescue the program after Autry’s “unexpected” departure.
LOL. Good one!

I want to dislike this but I could definitely see this scenario play out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom