Bernie fine was at the game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bernie fine was at the game

So what is the reason that he was fired?

I'm gonna go out on a limb (not being sarcastic here) and say that he had a clause in his contract/agreement that SU could terminate his employment at any time for any reason or no reason at all at their sole discretion. And they decided to exercise that clause. Maybe what was discovered couldn't pass as beyond reasonable doubt in a criminal case or as preponderance of evidence in a civil suit, but SU just didn't like what they saw and heard.

I'm gonna go out on a limb (not being sarcastic here) and say that he had a clause in his contract/agreement that SU could terminate his employment at any time for any reason or no reason at all at their sole discretion. And they decided to exercise that clause. Maybe what was discovered couldn't pass as beyond reasonable doubt in a criminal case or as preponderance of evidence in a civil suit, but SU just didn't like what they saw and heard.

That wouldn't be much of a contract. Typically having an employment contract assures you that you will be employed for a particular term unless the employer has cause to fire you. It is a departure from the at will employment situation that you describe.

Uh, no.
2012-05-16-dn-fine3jpg-ccbf6a2c78d4e715.jpg

The letters on the microphone say it all.

Because of the publicity of the allegations.

That's correct and, like most others, they thought he was guilty. But he wasn't, probably. So again, my only point is that SU's firing of Bernie is what ended his career - not his guilt.

That's correct and, like most others, they thought he was guilty. But he wasn't, probably. So again, my only point is that SU's firing of Bernie is what ended his career - not his guilt.
He certainly was never convicted of anything. But the accusations are all you need. And the stories about his private life were nuts.

Wow, déjà vu all over again. Could have sworn I once read a thread about Bernie, with these same exact polarized opinions. Must have been dreaming.

That wouldn't be much of a contract. Typically having an employment contract assures you that you will be employed for a particular term unless the employer has cause to fire you. It is a departure from the at will employment situation that you describe.
Yes, agreed. I should have added that there was likely some generous severance clause in that event, which would distinguish it from an at will situation. Thank you.

If the accusations were false then why did he withdraw his defamation suit? some of the accusations have proven false..others have not been proven true..doesnt mean something inappropriate and worthy of dismissal didnt occur.

Agree 100%.

If the accusations were false then why did he withdraw his defamation suit? some of the accusations have proven false..others have not been proven true..doesnt mean something inappropriate and worthy of dismissal didnt occur.
Every aspect of the story has holes and question marks.
Same with the behavior of everyone involved.
But there are people who don't want to recognize the TOTALITY of what transpired including actual facts that don't jive with personal feelings...making the case pointless to debate here any more.

Much better off focusing on the fact we're 19-0 and and the Orange are getting ready to throttle Wake and give Duke a major doming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom