Best meal | Syracusefan.com

Best meal

GooseMutt

All Conference
You ever had in Syracuse?

If you were able to take a recruit out for a meal where would it be?

I have no idea but I will go there!

I’d drive them to Buffalo and find them something there. It’s remarkable to me how much better the food is here compared to Syracuse with them being so close and similar in many ways.

I’d drive them to Buffalo and find them something there. It’s remarkable to me how much better the food is here compared to Syracuse with them being so close and similar in many ways.
while I agree, this post will not go over well here. We'll get at least one "Shifty's [or insert comparable mediocre Syracuse wing joint] wings are da best" reply.

As far as Syracuse cuisine, I've had great meals at Arad Evans Inn, Joey's and a little family-style Italian restaurant, the name of which I can't remember. I believe it's closed now. Can't go wrong with Dino BBQ or Blue Tusk for more informal experiences

Dinosaur BBQ for the Original BBQ pork Sandwhich or the BBS Brisket sandwich with a local draft beer.
This. Plus plenty of cornbread!

while I agree, this post will not go over well here. We'll get at least one "Shifty's wings are da best" reply.

As far as Syracuse cuisine, I've had great meals at Arad Evans Inn, Joey's and a little family-style Italian restaurant, the name of which I can't remember. I believe it's closed now. Can't go wrong with Dino BBQ or Blue Tusk for more informal experiences
Arad is nice, went there years back. It reminded me next door, Craftsman Inn, I went the first time for Valentine’s Day back in 2018 and was one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had at a restaurant. I figured it was busy and they were understaffed so tried again last October, while it wasn’t a bad experience the food wasn’t that great for the price.

Arad is nice, went there years back. It reminded me next door, Craftsman Inn, I went the first time for Valentine’s Day back in 2018 and was one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had at a restaurant. I figured it was busy and they were understaffed so tried again last October, while it wasn’t a bad experience the food wasn’t that great for the price.
Craftsman’s food leaves a lot to be desired.

Grimaldi’s, and we were sitting at the very next table over from JB, Dick Vitale and the SU coaching staff. Food was fantastic and eavesdropping on the conversation(after meeting Dickie V in the parking lot on the way in) was even better! Too bad we had to pay, non-athlete and all. :)

Grimaldi’s, and we were sitting at the very next table over from JB, Dick Vitale and the SU coaching staff. Food was fantastic and eavesdropping on the conversation(after meeting Dickie V in the parking lot on the way in) was even better! Too bad we had to pay, non-athlete and all. :)
Very cool

There used to be a big Italian place in Liverpool called Tonino's(???). Huge menu, and everything was very good, IMO.

Always like Walter White's also.

santangelos?

Some of the best restaurants I patronized when I lived in 'Cuse are closed: Grimaldi's, Jonathan's Seafood, The Concord and Valli's- all on Erie Blvd. When visiting I liked Rico's and even it's shuttered.

How about Inn of the Season's on Onondaga Hill. My family had Thanksgiving there in the late 70's, early 80's when it was known as Gen. Hutchinson's House near OCC. Fine dining in an historic atmosphere. More for the recruits parents then perhaps the recruit.

G
Some of the best restaurants I patronized when I lived in 'Cuse are closed: Grimaldi's, Jonathan's Seafood, The Concord and Valli's- all on Erie Blvd. When visiting I liked Rico's and even it's shuttered.

How about Inn of the Season's on Onondaga Hill. My family had Thanksgiving there in the late 70's, early 80's when it was known as Gen. Hutchinson's House near OCC. Fine dining in an historic atmosphere. More for the recruits parents then perhaps the recruit.
Grimaldi’s is still open, unless there was another one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom