Best meal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Best meal

AG is a solid bville bar restaurant. I’m less than 10 from being parked at the bar, never had a bad time.

that being said it is mildly garlicky

Outside of Syracuse, for my graduation my parents took me to dinner at The Krebs in Skaneateles. Back then they came by with course after course on big silver platters. Over 40 years later my mom still talks about that dinner. A couple years later my wife and I were having dinner at Scotch and Sirloin when JB and Bernie Fine came in with a couple of recruits and they say at the table next to us. I don't remember who the players were or who else was in the SU entourage.
I used to live just up the street from Krebs as a youngster.

my cousin owns it.
Was about to say I know one board contributor who will agree ;)

Great beer, even better scallops and lobster rolls.

it’s my go-to when I’ve had a long week and I want a treat that won’t leave me feeling guilty

Was about to say I know one board contributor who will agree ;)

Great beer, even better scallops and lobster rolls.

it’s my go-to when I’ve had a long week and I want a treat that won’t leave me feeling guilty
Where is this joint? I love great scallops and need places to eat out there.

Where is this joint? I love great scallops and need places to eat out there.
Montgomery St, heart of downtown. Right by Recess and Wolff’s

The best eating experiences in every city always involve mom and pop restaurants run by immigrants who cook food based on recipes that were passed down for generations. Syracuse is lucky enough to have TONS of these. My recommendation head to the North Side, where all the best food is. New Century, Taste of Africa, or my current favorite Habibas. It doesn't even matter the country, you can't go wrong. If you want desert try cookies from Ninos or chocolate from Speahes.

You ever had in Syracuse?

If you were able to take a recruit out for a meal where would it be?

I have no idea but I will go there!
Not right in Syracuse, but the Port Cafe outside of Geneva is fantastic.
Tres Primos in Jordan Eldridge is my favorite Mexican in the area, but the one in Liverpool in the old Burger King is really good.

Tres Primos in Jordan Eldridge is my favorite Mexican in the area, but the one in Liverpool in the old Burger King is really good.

Rio Grande. Very good.

Over the years various Grimaldi's came and went in upstate NY. The one that I remembered was the formidable, packed and aspirational restaurant on Erie Blvd where Mr. Sinatra and others visited. It's gone or moved or repurposed now in E. Syr.
That’s the one. Fred and Mary made everyone feel at home there, celebrity or not. I did have to pay though. But food was so good I didn’t mind.

The typical recruit is not looking for the same type of meal that we old farts like. To them it’s probably all about portion size or comfort food or the vibe of the place. Probably not 5 star cuisine. The places I would take an out of town guest are not the same ones I would bring a recruit.

But as far as food is concerned, I’d probably say The Inn Between, Grimaldis, Strada Mia, or Brae Loch. For a recruit, I’d probably say Delmonico’s.

What I enjoy would be vastly different than a recruit that's for sure.

The Brewster Inn is terrific

There used to be a Mexican joint in Solvay back in the 90s that was really good. It moved to Lakeland at one point I believe. I couldn't find the name when I looked

I had a great meal in the 1820 house in Skaneateles. Best dinner I can think of off the top of my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom