Better Call Saul | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

I’m interested in this because Sepinwall is involved. He writes some really good stuff on episodes. I think I discovered his episode reviews after Breaking Bad was over, but on rewatches I would read his articles for the corresponding episodes after I watched them.

I did the same with The Wire...watching that a second time and reading Sepinwall’s episode reviews, I felt like it really enhanced the experience and helped me pick up new things that I missed the first time around.

I’m interested in this because Sepinwall is involved. He writes some really good stuff on episodes. I think I discovered his episode reviews after Breaking Bad was over, but on rewatches I would read his articles for the corresponding episodes after I watched them.

I did the same with The Wire...watching that a second time and reading Sepinwall’s episode reviews, I felt like it really enhanced the experience and helped me pick up new things that I missed the first time around.
Definitely He’s awesome
He also has a book “sopranos sessions” coming out soon

This season is the best of this show so far. I agree with a lot that some of the first and second season dragged a bit. More Mike is always good for the show.

Yep! Ehrmantraut!

Funny. I’m watching Luke Cage right now on Netflix. It’s not very good, BUT, Kima makes an appearance a few episodes in!

They laid the foundation for Kim and Jimmy’s breakup.

Huel will jump bail and she will get censored by the Court and she will end it with Jimmy.

They also told us the timeline.
It’s December 2003 at the end. His probation ends in January 2004 and he becomes a lawyer then.

Breaking Bad timeline starts in 2008z
So we got 4 years of time for episodes left in Jimmy’s universe.
We all know Nacho is going to be fed to the twins or Tuco as soon Gus is done using him.
Have a feeling Jimmy's suggestion about a plane trip to Aspen for the Schweikart and Cokely retreat might come into play as a reason for Kim's demise.

So there’s a major curveball with Kim huh?

Kinda have the anything can happen feel now with her.

I really think it’s a matter of time before that troublemaker in the lab is dealt with. Mike is running out of patience and he’s a major liability being such a wild card.

Good to see Nacho again! Getting ready to disappear with the fake ID’s and another Salamanca shows up, one who was also referenced by Saul(along with Ignacio/Nacho) in the desert in his first Breaking Bad appearance.

I hate that there’s only two episodes left this season!

I really think it’s a matter of time before that troublemaker in the lab is dealt with. Mike is running out of patience and he’s a major liability being such a wild card.

Good to see Nacho again! Getting ready to disappear with the fake ID’s and another Salamanca shows up, one who was also referenced by Saul(along with Ignacio/Nacho) in the desert in his first Breaking Bad appearance.

I'm guessing Kim's grifter obsession will be her undoing. She's gonna take one of their plays a bit too far and pay dearly (the ultimate price?).

All of the Krauts are getting whacked. There are going to be a few more loose lips sinking ships or "men behaving badly" instances and Gus will pay Mike to silence them all.

I'm guessing Kim's grifter obsession will be her undoing. She's gonna take one of their plays a bit too far and pay dearly (the ultimate price?).

All of the Krauts are getting whacked. There are going to be a few more loose lips sinking ships or "men behaving badly" instances and Gus will pay Mike to silence them all.
I think you are right about the Germans.

Very possible. Which will be interesting. Mike is not the killer that he was in Breaking Bad yet. I think he’s only killed the dirty cops who killed his son?

He wanted to kill Hector, but again that was about protecting his family. He hasn’t killed for “business” yet. He was quick to tell Gus that the loose lipped leader of the Germans would be ok and wouldn’t do it again. Not sure Breaking Bad Mike would’ve gone to bat for him.

Yup -- we already know how Gus rolls.

Kai going down is the most obvious, ham-fisted plot line of the season. The writing is generally a little more subtle.

Yup -- we already know how Gus rolls.

Kai going down is the most obvious, ham-fisted plot line of the season. The writing is generally a little more subtle.
Maybe they're setting something up, because it is hamfisted?

Very possible. Which will be interesting. Mike is not the killer that he was in Breaking Bad yet. I think he’s only killed the dirty cops who killed his son?

He wanted to kill Hector, but again that was about protecting his family. He hasn’t killed for “business” yet. He was quick to tell Gus that the loose lipped leader of the Germans would be ok and wouldn’t do it again. Not sure Breaking Bad Mike would’ve gone to bat for him.

Good points. I’ll bet if Mike isn’t directly involved in the German murders then that could be his tipping point to turn cold blooded.

Either Gus snuffs them out through other means or Mike does it because of the aggravation they’re causing.

I don’t see them returning to Deutschland.

Could be a while before Gus and/or Mike make sauerbraten out of the crew; they're only half done and Gus has nobody better. And Mike is REALLY taking to those German beer taps.

By the way (speaking of German beer), for those who might like to take a brief vacation from expensive American IPA's, Wegmans sells canned 4-packs of 16. 9 ounce Bitburger imports for about 6 bucks apiece. That's nearly the equivalent of an ordinary 6-pack. Makes me nostalgic for those days in the 80's when your only choice, sometimes, was Bud/Miller/Molson, or Beck's/St.Pauli imports.

I love Sepinwall. I met him and got one of his books signed a couple years ago. He did a book talk at Newhouse which was open to the public. Very nice guy.

Last night was maybe the best episode of the season. There's other shows I probably like a little bit better than BCS (Westworld and GoT come to mind) but I truly believe this is the best show on TV.

Man, that argument was brutal! Had me talking to the TV like “noooo, don’t say that! What’s the matter with you?” “Hey! Don’t make it worse! Just stop!”

They sucked me right in. I felt for both of them, and was mad at both of them at the same time. Well done.

Show continues to impress.

Masterfully builds a lot of drama, even in a slower paced episode like this one. The scene at the beginning while they were trying to blast was tense.

Something I haven't seen mentioned above is Lalo, who's amiable behavior is in marked contrast to how hard-assed the Salamancas are -- but Gus wasn't fooled. Can't wait to see his true colors.

And the unauthorized departure at the end might be the tipping point that flips Mike to the dark side -- we'll see.

Can't believe that the season is over next week. Flew by.

Masterfully builds a lot of drama, even in a slower paced episode like this one. The scene at the beginning while they were trying to blast was tense.

Something I haven't seen mentioned above is Lalo, who's amiable behavior is in marked contrast to how hard-assed the Salamancas are -- but Gus wasn't fooled. Can't wait to see his true colors.

And the unauthorized departure at the end might be the tipping point that flips Mike to the dark side -- we'll see.

Yes! Interested to see what comes of the “departure.” Gus has a certain intensity that is razor sharp and is so versatile as well. From the jovial welcoming to the restaurant to that look he shows when he’s pissed after Lalo leaves. The acting is tremendous. From the latest Jimmy-Kim tension to even the kid who tells Gus of the two shady guys in the restaurant.

Can’t get ANYTHING passed Gus. He is master at reading everybody and everything and always being a step ahead.

I like Lalo as a character. He’s got charisma.

I thought for sure the German was going to mess up and blow himself up. Then they had me wondering if he was suicidal. The camera work was awesome in this one. It always is, but this was extra good IMO.

Can’t get ANYTHING passed Gus. He is master at reading everybody and everything and always being a step ahead.

I like Lalo as a character. He’s got charisma.

I thought for sure the German was going to mess up and blow himself up. Then they had me wondering if he was suicidal. The camera work was awesome in this one. It always is, but this was extra good IMO.

Thought the same thing with the kraut. Suicide or something. Can’t wait for the next episode. That little Mesa Verde scam they pulled in Lubbock was hilarious!

Gotta wonder why the head German thinks this is worth the risk? I know he’s not thinking straight but wow. Just be unhappy for a few more months and you’re all set. Now best case scenario he gets no money and has to live in hiding?

The German is dead.
He doesn’t have a passport and Mike is smarter than everyone else:
He will go dark but the guy did a big time no-no.

Jimmy and Kim that was toxic. At some point Kim will grow a set and just dump Jimmy. Jimmy was insincere and won’t get his license for another year.

No idea what is going to happen with Lolo and Gus.

Tuco should be out of prison soon.

The German is dead.
He doesn’t have a passport and Mike is smarter than everyone else:
He will go dark but the guy did a big time no-no.

Jimmy and Kim that was toxic. At some point Kim will grow a set and just dump Jimmy. Jimmy was insincere and won’t get his license for another year.

No idea what is going to happen with Lolo and Gus.

Tuco should be out of prison soon.

I don’t think Jimmy was insincere. He struggled with the law question and didn’t even really answer it...he fell back on improvising and telling his story: which was sincere IMO. But he struggled with the law question because it’s really not that important to him.

He didn’t mention Chuck because he truly didn’t even think of it. To talk about him because that’s what they wanted to hear would’ve been insincere.

I don’t think Jimmy was insincere. He struggled with the law question and didn’t even really answer it...he fell back on improvising and telling his story: which was sincere IMO. But he struggled with the law question because it’s really not that important to him.

He didn’t mention Chuck because he truly didn’t even think of it. To talk about him because that’s what they wanted to hear would’ve been insincere.
True. Still give them what they expect and move on. I think Kim is truly shocked that Jimmy has no feelings about Chuck whatsoever. At any rate it looks like she is going to help him with an appeal. We know he gets his law license back so whatever they come up with in next weeks episode must do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom