Better Call Saul | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

I loved this episode. The flash forward was awesome to see the chaos of that time. Also very jarring to see certain things there, after 3 1/2 years of different characters.

There’s no going back at this point. Saul is pretty much here.

I loved how Gus wanted the cautious guy and not the first one who was making it seem like an easy job.

Howard was an absolute mess.

Kim owning that lawyer that Jimmy used to banter with was pretty funny.

I had to wonder if Saul is going to get someone to get back at those kids who robbed him? Would be another way for him to get further involved with some bad people.

Good question. I read that he said “tell ‘em Jimmy sent you”. As in that was in the script. It was hard to tell if he said “tell him” or “tell em”. “Tell em” leaves open the possibility it could be Kim.

Kim or Howard would be the obvious main possibilities at this point.

I did think Kim at first, but she knows Kim from working with both of them, unless she had been so out of touch with her for that long going into BB.

I loved this episode. The flash forward was awesome to see the chaos of that time. Also very jarring to see certain things there, after 3 1/2 years of different characters.

There’s no going back at this point. Saul is pretty much here.

I loved how Gus wanted the cautious guy and not the first one who was making it seem like an easy job.

Howard was an absolute mess.

Kim owning that lawyer that Jimmy used to banter with was pretty funny.

I had to wonder if Saul is going to get someone to get back at those kids who robbed him? Would be another way for him to get further involved with some bad people.

I'm with you -- the entire show is captivating, even when it moves "slowly."

Terrific episode, and loved the flash-forward.

Another thing I noticed: the French guy was blabbing about building that tunnel for the Cartel. Gus and Mike were not a fan of that.

Aww, poor Jimmy. Now we know why he wanted to be a lawyer and Kim's face when looking at his notebook...yikes. I think we know where this one is headed.

Last edited:

Haha! Well done, Saul.

Another great episode.

I’m hoping to get more Nacho soon though.

Had to laugh when Jimmy walked into the kitchen to gather his thoughts at Forque and was standing next to the sign.

Ive gotta think that smart aleck (Kai? I think) is not long for this world. Mike and Gus don’t put up with that, especially if he’s not “somebody”.

I would’ve liked to see where those guys came from though. Unless I missed something, it seems like they skipped over showing us that?

Ive gotta think that smart aleck (Kai? I think) is not long for this world. Mike and Gus don’t put up with that, especially if he’s not “somebody”.

I would’ve liked to see where those guys came from though. Unless I missed something, it seems like they skipped over showing us that?
Mike and Gus hired the leader last week.
The guy Mike shook hands with. They are all Germans at the laundry mat hired to build the BB Super Lab.

Mike and Gus hired the leader last week.
The guy Mike shook hands with. They are all Germans at the laundry mat hired to build the BB Super Lab.

Makes sense. I remember Mike hiring him last week. Didn’t realize these other guys were with him.

I will say, for maybe the first time ever I was bored with Gus Fring. Maybe because I already knew where his story he was telling Hector was going, but it felt like “get on with it”.

I usually enjoy everything Gus says, but that one was kinda “eh.”

Overall another strong episode though, I thought. I’m loving this season. I wish these seasons were longer though! 10 eps always feels too short to me.

I didn't grasp whether Mike was able to give an affirmative answer regarding how to deal with those men who wanted to have female companionship at some point. It seemed to be hinted at; just didn't catch it. But hey, all the high quality beer (on tap) , ordered stuff from outside and basketball courts in front of your door you want, for a few months - isn't that basically the life of two-thirds of the people on this website?

I didn't grasp whether Mike was able to give an affirmative answer regarding how to deal with those men who wanted to have female companionship at some point. It seemed to be hinted at; just didn't catch it. But hey, all the high quality beer (on tap) , ordered stuff from outside and basketball courts in front of your door you want, for a few months - isn't that basically the life of two-thirds of the people on this website?

Throw in not seeing the sun at all for many months, and it’s even more accurate to the CNY contingent.

I gotta say though, I don’t understand why they have to have roommates. There looks to be plenty of space. They’re otherwise sparing no expenses to keep them from losing their minds...why not spring for a couple more trailers? Those guys are going to want to rip each other’s heads off at some point.

I gotta say though, I don’t understand why they have to have roommates. There looks to be plenty of space. They’re otherwise sparing no expenses to keep them from losing their minds...why not spring for a couple more trailers? Those guys are going to want to rip each other’s heads off at some point.

Maybe the writers have already mapped that out.

Time jump episode and still no Nacho? Hmmm. They’ve got me wondering. Thought that actor was the early season MVP but we haven’t seen him in awhile.

Really good episode though. They are killing it with their opening montages. This was one of the best ones ever, Breaking Bad included.

Time jump episode and still no Nacho? Hmmm. They’ve got me wondering. Thought that actor was the early season MVP but we haven’t seen him in awhile.

Really good episode though. They are killing it with their opening montages. This was one of the best ones ever, Breaking Bad included.
They laid the foundation for Kim and Jimmy’s breakup.

Huel will jump bail and she will get censored by the Court and she will end it with Jimmy.

They also told us the timeline.
It’s December 2003 at the end. His probation ends in January 2004 and he becomes a lawyer then.

Breaking Bad timeline starts in 2008z
So we got 4 years of time for episodes left in Jimmy’s universe.
We all know Nacho is going to be fed to the twins or Tuco as soon Gus is done using him.

We all know Nacho is going to be fed to the twins or Tuco as soon Gus is done using him.

Agreed that seems a likely outcome. But I’m curious what he’s been doing? Has Gus continued using him?

Gotta say, that was one of Gus’s better performances. Making sure Hector’s mind still works, and then making sure his body doesn’t continue to improve so that he’s gotta suffer as much as possible...that little almost smile he gave.

Nacho almost died. It would make sense that he hasn't been doing much other than trying to heal up.

True. I hope he’s on next weeks show though now that we’ve jumped ahead 9 months (I think).

Nacho almost died. It would make sense that he hasn't been doing much other than trying to heal up.
Well idk about you but when I was sit in the gut in the desert by drug dealers and my attending was a vet, I was like back to work after a long weekend
But I guess everyone is built different

That was probably my favorite episode albeit slow. Started to really see where it was really going (or at least how we’d get there better)
Seeing that thin huell is still messing me up

Well idk about you but when I was sit in the gut in the desert by drug dealers and my attending was a vet, I was like back to work after a long weekend
But I guess everyone is built different

Ha. I was hoping for at least something, like during or right after the time jump. Seems a pretty safe bet we’ll get something next week.

I hope he doesn’t get killed anytime soon. Enjoy that character and think the actor is doing great work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom